Antonio Conte quits Juventus

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Antonio Conte quits Juventus

Post by Con M »

Only caught a bit of it on Eurosport as I was going out the door - did Conte quit to take up the job Prandelli vacated?

GeorgeB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Antonio Conte quits Juventus

Post by GeorgeB »

Maybe because they are selling Vidal, he always said he would quit if they ever sold him.

Reports saying €44 million agreed with Manchester United.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Would love to see these reports (from a credible source, so no Daily Mail, etc). Ones I've read indicate no official bid was ever made and the clubs have not spoken for a month.

David Puddy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by David Puddy »

I like how people jump to drastic conclusions so quickly.

I as much as anyone hope we don't see any of our best players leave, but if we do, I think Juve has proved many times in the past that no player is bigger than the team. We coped with the loss of Zidane, Baggio, Ibrahimovic, etc, so no reason why we won't this time around.

And for people criticising the board and transfer strategy, easy to forget that we have brought in Pogba, Pirlo, Vidal, Tevez, Llorente, Asamoah, Caceres, Lichtsteiner, Barzagli and Vidal for next to nothing over the years.

Not a bad record if you ask me.

Have some faith!

BruceLee
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BruceLee »

Transfer policy has been inspired of late.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Marotta just said nobody has asked to leave and specifically on Vidal that he has said he is happy to stay.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Massive loss, Conte was Juve's best player

Allegri..... Very very surprised.

Trezegoal #17
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Trezegoal #17 »

Dissapointing to see how the whole thing has unravelled.

I can't quite put my finger on why he has left. Surely it can't be over a strategy/personell change, beacause with Allegri you will get that anyway. Unless the board lump him with the players of their choosing and tell him to make it work, if so I can see another Ferrara on our hands.

Seeing stories already that he is targeting Abate and Astori, and Ogbonna and Barzagli could possibly be on the way out. Hope this is bullsh*t as I can't see the sense in this, as we don't need a right back and Astori does not offer anything better than that of Barzagli and Ogbonna.

I get the feeling Allegri is a quick fix, either way it's worrying times.
"What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger"

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Trezegoal #17 wrote:Dissapointing to see how the whole thing has unravelled.

I can't quite put my finger on why he has left. Surely it can't be over a strategy/personell change, beacause with Allegri you will get that anyway. Unless the board lump him with the players of their choosing and tell him to make it work, if so I can see another Ferrara on our hands.

Seeing stories already that he is targeting Abate and Astori, and Ogbonna and Barzagli could possibly be on the way out. Hope this is bullsh*t as I can't see the sense in this, as we don't need a right back and Astori does not offer anything better than that of Barzagli and Ogbonna.

I get the feeling Allegri is a quick fix, either way it's worrying times.
FOr the rest of the league's sake I hope you are right.

Abate is rubbish, Barzagli could possibly be the best CB in Italy and Ogbonna, if you don't want him, we will have him in a heart beat.

I was probably a tad unfair on Allegri, his record and was pretty good, would be difficult dealing with that tosser Galliani as well.

Oh and he's an ex Napoli player, so I should have had more respect : )