world cup

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Soccer-Mad
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

world cup

Post by Soccer-Mad »

After tonights results looks like a GERMANY vs ARGENTINA final coming up.

Germany to beat Brazil in the semi.
Argentina & Holland to win in the QF. Against Belgium & Costa Rica.
Argentina to beat Holland in the semi.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: world cup

Post by MegaBonus »

Rumours sweeping the net that Neymar is out of the tournament with a fractured vertebrae....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Soccer-Mad
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Soccer-Mad »

predictions on target

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Damn that awful 0-0 this morning. The global audience were hating that I bet.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

can some of our English friends shed some light as to why there so much anglo 'hate' towards Brazil???

I visit many English websites for footballing plus general news and an overwhelming number of readers comments are very negative towards Brazils national team....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

MegaBonus wrote:can some of our English friends shed some light as to why there so much anglo 'hate' towards Brazil???

I visit many English websites for footballing plus general news and an overwhelming number of readers comments are very negative towards Brazils national team....
Add Argentina to that list too, and Germany for obvious reasons

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

I don't think it is just English that are "anti Brazil" as you put it. On the contrary I think a lot of English are fans of Brazilian football but not necessarily fans of the way that a overhyped Brazil that have not proved themselves to be anything particularly special as yet and see Brazil as FIFA's pet in the same way Barcelona are UEFA's pet that they get what they want.
Personally the 82 Brazil was the most entertaining team I have seen in my lifetime and this team isn't in the same league - for the record I think ze Germans will win (and I would like to see it!)

Dry July
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dry July »

Old Redback wrote:for the record I think the Germans will win (and I would like to see it!)
Always nice to see someone who hasn't won it before win it.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Old Redback wrote:I don't think it is just English that are "anti Brazil" as you put it. On the contrary I think a lot of English are fans of Brazilian football but not necessarily fans of the way that a overhyped Brazil that have not proved themselves to be anything particularly special as yet and see Brazil as FIFA's pet in the same way Barcelona are UEFA's pet that they get what they want.
Personally the 82 Brazil was the most entertaining team I have seen in my lifetime and this team isn't in the same league - for the record I think ze Germans will win (and I would like to see it!)
Liked this from Brazil's 1970 world cup captain Carlos Alberto who funnily enough isn't English either, "The team is crying when they’re singing the anthem, when they get hurt, when they shoot penalties! Come on... Stop crying! Enough!"

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Dry July wrote:
Old Redback wrote:for the record I think the Germans will win (and I would like to see it!)
Always nice to see someone who hasn't won it before win it.
Lost on most.
Time for some righteous indignation

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

To add to the "anti Brazil" argument I see that Brazil are now appealing Thiago Silva's yellow card that rules him out of the semi. All the other countries have to suck it up and accept them - don't be surprised if FIFA show favouritism and waive it.......then you'll probably hear a few more dissenting voices.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

I'd love to know on what grounds they are basing the appeal. Ridiculous.

Meanwhile, the referee from the Italy v Uruguay game has been handed the Brazil v Germany game. I didn't think he'd make it past the group stages (which apparently he didn't in his two previous World Cups, and here he is taking charge of a semi final).

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Juventino wrote:I'd love to know on what grounds they are basing the appeal. Ridiculous.

Meanwhile, the referee from the Italy v Uruguay game has been handed the Brazil v Germany game. I didn't think he'd make it past the group stages (which apparently he didn't in his two previous World Cups, and here he is taking charge of a semi final).
I thought you could only appeal a straight red so not sure how they can :?
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Soccer-Mad
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Soccer-Mad »

as predicted GERMANY vs ARGENTINA
will enoy the game.