Suarez

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Suarez

Post by Derek »

N5 1BH wrote:
BTAC wrote:Naww, Derek has a bit of a thing for me.

You never gave an example of you making me look stupid though mate? Shouldn't be too hard, as you've apparently done it so many times.....
No one else is needed to make you look stupid, you do a very good impression of a two faced, duplicitous plastic scouse bimbo on your own.

:lol: spot on

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

The Kop wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:
The Kop wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
My god, he's quoting FIFA regulations.
Just putting it out there

Taken those red glasses off yet?
Honestly, all Liverpool supports are at saturation point.

In the end, he'll get what he deserves.
Silver linings and all, doesnt have to jet to South America for a while and keeps at bay interest from Barca and Real (maybe not Real).
But if you think he'll be somehow banned from club duty too, then that's just wishful thinking...
You were saying? :clown:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Hopefully all those guilty of leg breaking tackles, elbows to the head etc will get at least 6 months ban from all games if thats going to be a guide.
Ignore this signature

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Bomber wrote:Hopefully all those guilty of leg breaking tackles, elbows to the head etc will get at least 6 months ban from all games if thats going to be a guide.
Give some consideration to the fact that this is the 3rd time it's happened.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

getborn wrote:
Bomber wrote:Hopefully all those guilty of leg breaking tackles, elbows to the head etc will get at least 6 months ban from all games if thats going to be a guide.
People haven't been red carded 3 times for very bad tackles?
Ignore this signature

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

He did the crime, he’ll have to do the time.

Ridiculous that Liverpool suffers the most from this and they did an impeccable job of managing him from the last bite incident.
Seems like when he’s in high pressure situations he cracks, reckon the knee injury and the threat of elimination with all the Uruguayan hysteria around him made him go.

Think this will go all the way to CAS and some of it be overturned. The FIFA committee were making up things as they went, first it was all football and administration, but we’ll still let him be transferred. Then they were asked if he could be registered and they were like stunned mullets.

Should he be sold? If he was put up for sale, who’d be buying? If better teams than Liverpool see the risk/reward as positive then that should be a clear answer to keep.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Bomber wrote:
getborn wrote:
Not even in the same league but argue all you like.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

At least you're Italian have a real reason to be upset.
Red card at 0-0 and you go through.

The rest, I can't understand so much...

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

The Kop wrote:At least you're Italian have a real reason to be upset.
Red card at 0-0 and you go through.

The rest, I can't understand so much...
I'm not upset, we got what we deserved.

If anything I really don't mind Suarez at all.
Reminds me a lot of Maradona.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Bomber wrote:
getborn wrote:
:lol:

boy oh boy, wow wee
Feel Good Inc.

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

As a Liverpool supporter I believe it’s a fair punishment to match the crime.

Whilst it seems harsh on his club he needs to see and realise what the implications are of HIS actions and what effect they have on both his team mates and club.

IF we can sell I’d like us to albeit for 20-30m less than what we’d have received before his latest incident as no player is bigger than the club and we backed him last time and he has proved he can’t control his actions and we can’t afford to have someone who represents the club when either on international or club duty in this way again.

If Uruguay appeal I do hope that IF the ban is extended it doesn’t effect the original club ban sentence as the club aren't appealing and hopefully the don't support any appeal.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

getborn wrote:
Nothing to argue, of course. So you as a player would rather have a broken leg and sidelined for a year, rather than a have a little bite mark? O...........k..........
Ignore this signature

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Bomber wrote:
getborn wrote:
Nothing to argue, of course. So you as a player would rather have a broken leg and sidelined for a year, rather than a have a little bite mark? O...........k..........
You could have your leg broken from an innocuous challenge and a genuine attempt to go for the ball. Possibility of that. Nothing innocuous, or to do with football, when you bite somebody.

Shintaro
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Shintaro »

Maybe just remove his teeth so next time he can just suck ;)

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Bomber wrote:
getborn wrote:

A tackle capable of breaking your leg can still be within the laws of the game while biting is not.

As a footballer I shouldn't expect to get bitten so there is nothing to argue.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

getborn wrote:
Bomber wrote:
getborn wrote:

A tackle capable of breaking your leg can still be within the laws of the game while biting is not.

So you'd find more solace in a broken leg as its "part of the game". I know what I'd rather be on the end of. As you said, nothing to argue, its clear cut.
Ignore this signature

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

getborn wrote:
Bomber wrote:
getborn wrote:

Think Bomber might have been referring to this type of challenge....( ie not within the laws of the game)but I think you all knew that.... :wink:

Roy Keane
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Bomber wrote:
getborn wrote:

would you still have the same argument if Suarez had hep c?
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Someone help bomber before the hole he's digging caves in.
Feel Good Inc.

Trezegoal #17
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Trezegoal #17 »

El Capitano wrote:Someone help bomber before the hole he's digging caves in.
:lol: He is venturing into GMAE territory with those comments, he'll soon challenge for the title of the forum's biggest peanut.
"What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger"

Shintaro
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Shintaro »

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

swannsong wrote:
Bomber wrote:
getborn wrote:

Think Bomber might have been referring to this type of challenge....( ie not within the laws of the game)but I think you all knew that.... :wink:

Roy Keane
Repeat 3 times.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Still, it's biting. More disgusting and weird rather than life threatening and violent.

Deserves his ban for stupidity more than anything else.

But the moral outrage here is in the stratosphere.

Let's also charge with sexual assault any defenders that grab nuts in the box during a corner.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Kosta Utd wrote:
Bomber wrote:
getborn wrote:

would you still have the same argument if Suarez had hep c?
No, but pretty sure he doesn't.
But its a bit like me asking you would you have same argument if players wore shoulder pads or similar thus cushioning potential bites?
Ignore this signature

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

“I’m sorry, but they’ve got to throw him in jail and lock him up forever.”
- Danny Mills, a glistening shitcase of some prestige

Is this how I’m supposed to react? Like Danny Mills? Really? He bit someone on the shoulder, you absolute minge pipe, he didn’t bugger a Royal. But this is just one example of the hyperbolic and, in some instances, hilariously hypocritical reactions on show. Elsewhere, we’ve got Stan ‘I only hit her once’ Collymore wading in to suggest counselling, and Piers ‘My good friend the dead girl’s phone hacker’ Morgan calling Suarez an “utter lunatic” shortly before asking his “mate” Mike Tyson, a man who served a conviction for rape in 1992, for his views on the matter. Alan Shearer wants Suarez “hammered”, which is presumably how Neil Lennon felt after Shearer ‘accidentally’ tried to remove his face with a boot some years ago. An incident he was never punished for, by the way. Andy Murray can’t believe it, Bruce Springsteen can’t either, and pundits at the BBC are so outraged they forgot their employer practically gave the world’s biggest paedo a backstage pass to the knickers of every child in the studio for 30 years. But we can all jump on the moral bottle of shiraz bandwagon when it suits us, can’t we? Just make sure your opinion includes a bite pun.

Sadly, perspective seems to be lost at the drop of a hat, but I’ll see if I can offer some now. This is a sport, and it’s governed by a set of rules which are put in place for the betterment of that sport. When a player steps out of the tunnel and out onto the pitch they’re to obey those rules. If a player breaks those rules then they should be punished. So, quite clearly and quite rightly, Luis Suarez should be punished. For violent conduct. Because that’s what it is and nothing more. Just like a kick is. Or a punch is. Or a headbutt is. Or an unexpected and potentially life threatening forearm to the back of the head is (no matter how much you want to pretend like it didn’t happen, Wayne). A bite on the shoulder, though bottle of shiraz stupid, isn’t worse than any of these. It’s violent conduct, should be treated as such, and that’s that. FIFA, UEFA, our FA, none of them should get to make up the rules as they go along, and certainly not because of public pressure or rival supporter reaction, but that’s what appears to be happening. If it isn’t, then how come we’ve all been asking how long his ban’s likely to be? Shouldn’t we know? Isn’t it in those rules you’ve written?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Is that you I see at the bottom? I dont suppose you could answer a simple question as put forward to getborn? In case you forgot - would you rather receive a broken leg or a little bite mark, as a player?
Ignore this signature

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Trezegoal #17 wrote:
:lol: He is venturing into GMAE territory with those comments, he'll soon challenge for the title of the forum's biggest peanut.

Common response for people who are backed into a corner and cant think for themselves.
Ignore this signature

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

The Kop wrote:Still, it's biting. More disgusting and weird rather than life threatening and violent.

Let's also charge with sexual assault any defenders that grab nuts in the box during a corner.
Biting is a criminal offence of common assault, for many victims it is more violent than disgusting. If the case is upheld he will be proven to have either bitten or racially abused an opposing player in four out of the past five years.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Bomber wrote:
Is that you I see at the bottom? I dont suppose you could answer a simple question as put forward to getborn? In case you forgot - would you rather receive a broken leg or a little bite mark, as a player?
Bomber, I'll take the broken leg & go without the Hep c.

What about you? Can you catch Hepatitis c twice?

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

N5 1BH wrote:
The Kop wrote:Still, it's biting. More disgusting and weird rather than life threatening and violent.

Biting is a criminal offence of common assault, for many victims it is more violent than disgusting. If the case is upheld he will be proven to have either bitten or racially abused an opposing player in four out of the past five years.
Ahh this old chestnut, if we're painting things that broadly then most things on the football field are common assault.
Slide tackle a stranger in the street, is that common assault?

Biting is, by FIFA laws of the game, violent conduct. Which is the same category as elbow, headbutt, spitting and so on.