The danger of Asian owners

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

The danger of Asian owners

Post by Old Master »

This is one of the dangers of allowing Asian (and Arab) millionaires to take over your football club - they want to change everything to suit their own people's values and care little for the history of the club. :roll:

Hull City: New badge for 2014-15 campaign has no name
By Simon Stone BBC Sport

Hull City have unveiled a new crest for the 2014-15 season, which does not feature the club's name.

The latest redesign follows owner Assem Allam's plans to change the club's name to Hull Tigers, which was rejected by the Football Association in April.

“The FA has no jurisdiction over badges, but this undermines their judgement”

Mark Gretton Fans' group City Till We Die

The badge bears only a tiger's head and the year of the club's formation, 1904.

"Why, when the club is more successful than ever, would you not tell everyone your name," said Mark Gretton, of fans' group City Till We Die.

According to the club's vice-chairman Ehab Allam, the new crest is a "more stripped back and modern approach which still celebrates the club's heritage and history".

Yet, as the Premier League club prepare for their Europa League debut after reaching last season's FA Cup final, the move has angered the supporters' group.

They have described the move as "extremely foolish".

"It is ludicrous," Gretton told BBC Sport.

"The FA has no jurisdiction over badges, but this undermines their judgement. We have become the club with no name. It is remarkable. We have a global brand already. It is Hull City. Our nickname is the Tigers."
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: The danger of Asian owners

Post by Stuckey »

This is just going to happen more and more all over the world. If the FA are so worried about it, why don't they support fan trusts? Set up a system that allows groups of fans to set up trusts easily allowing them the ability to take a stake in their clubs give the fans/community a stake in their club. As we have all seen in Germany the rule of a percentage of fan ownership in Bundesliga clubs give the clubs the stability they require to build for the future and not go out and buy the best on offer. Although now some of the larger clubs have now grown to the size that they are able to go and buy those players without risking their sustainability.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

The problem here is that we don't have enough supporters to form a Trust and the economy is going South fast.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Old Master wrote:The problem here is that we don't have enough supporters to form a Trust and the economy is going South fast.
I doubt that if one started with a club like Hull where many fans aren't happy they could get a decent sum rolling. It could at least get them a starting figure that could get their foot in the door on the board. If it could be set up as a not-for-profit and money donated could be claimed as a donation allowing members to claim it on tax that might work.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Stuckey wrote:
Old Master wrote:The problem here is that we don't have enough supporters to form a Trust and the economy is going South fast.
I doubt that if one started with a club like Hull where many fans aren't happy they could get a decent sum rolling. It could at least get them a starting figure that could get their foot in the door on the board. If it could be set up as a not-for-profit and money donated could be claimed as a donation allowing members to claim it on tax that might work.

I don't believe England has tax concessions for such things. Not a tax expert though.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Stuckey wrote:

I don't believe England has tax concessions for such things. Not a tax expert though.
Well if its one thing England do have a lot of its tax concessions!

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I doubt that if one started with a club like Hull where many fans aren't happy they could get a decent sum rolling. It could at least get them a starting figure that could get their foot in the door on the board. If it could be set up as a not-for-profit and money donated could be claimed as a donation allowing members to claim it on tax that might work.[/quote]

I don't believe England has tax concessions for such things. Not a tax expert though.[/quote]
Well if its one thing England do have a lot of its tax concessions![/quote]

Especially for the Rich and Entitled. :oops:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Stuckey wrote: Well if its one thing England do have a lot of its tax concessions!
Would love to hear more about this, I can claim infinitely more over here.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Old Master wrote:Especially for the Rich and Entitled. :oops:
#chiponshoulder
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

he owns the club. why can't he change the name?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Stuckey wrote: Well if its one thing England do have a lot of its tax concessions!
Would love to hear more about this, I can claim infinitely more over here.
My missus was an accountant over there. From what I gathered loads of people in that industry were getting taxed at 10%-20% At one point I was earning a fraction of her wage and getting taxed a similar amount. Rules for some and rules for others its certain.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
#chiponshoulder

Only against those who don't pay their fair share of the Tax burden.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
#chiponshoulder

Only against those who don't pay their fair share of the Tax burden.

My fair share is shiraz all, so I'm overpaying.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Tell someone who cares.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details