Tom Ince

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Tom Ince

Post by INTERISTA »

Rumoured to have agreed terms with Inter
Is he any good? - worth the 'hype'?

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Tom Ince

Post by haywood djablowme »

INTERISTA wrote:Rumoured to have agreed terms with Inter
Is he any good? - worth the 'hype'?
Not bad & No
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

He's alright, indicative of how far Inter have fallen over the past few years that you let Coutinho go & you're signing Tom Ince though.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

BTAC wrote:He's alright, indicative of how far Inter have fallen over the past few years that you let Coutinho go & you're signing Tom Ince though.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Liverpool chase him? And hard?? Right up until deadline day only 2 seasons ago???
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Chaos wrote:
BTAC wrote:He's alright, indicative of how far Inter have fallen over the past few years that you let Coutinho go & you're signing Tom Ince though.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Liverpool chase him? And hard?? Right up until deadline day only 2 seasons ago???
Chased him again this January window. Offered $6 mill apparently, about 5.75Mil more than they let him go for, but he wasn't interested.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Given we get back 25% (I'm not sure of the exact rate) as a clause in his contract, that's not too bad an amount of money.

He's a talented young player but at this stage, probably only a fringe EPL player.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Oh look, Arsenal supporters turning another thread towards Liverpool.

Not bitter at all lads. :lol:
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

BTAC wrote:Oh look, Arsenal supporters turning another thread towards Liverpool.

Nah. FA Cup was a fitting end cheers :D

Still happy with second and trophy less?
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

BTAC wrote:Oh look, Arsenal supporters turning another thread towards Liverpool.

On the contrary just trying to help a guy find out more about Tom Ince. A big club like liverpool wouldn't be so keen to chase an 'alright' player would they. Obviously he's no Coutinho but he must have something.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Inter let Coutinho go as he didn't perform well enough.

Del Boca Vista
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Del Boca Vista »

can't imagine Ince doing well in a high pressure place like that, but if his connections and hype get him the move, congrats

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

Ince has rejected Inter. Looking for EPL club. . .

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Tom Ince was originally a Liverpool youth and/or reserves player but moved to Blackpool a few years before his father Paul was appointed the Tangerine's manager.

He played for Blackpool under Ian "Ollie" Holloway and was astar player for them in their EPL season.

After his father became manager of Blackpool he was the target of quite a few big clubs but his father urged him to wait until he had more experience.

He moved on loan to Crystal palace last season but he failed to settle, particularly after Pulis took over, and lost form.

He has a lot of potential but I think his biggest problem is his father trying to control his career.

Tom needs to break the bond and do what his heart and head tell him what to do.

I think he would do better in Italy than the EPL as he is still learning his trade and needs to do so without being scrutinised by the English media.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

This deal has fallen through. He has stated in an interview he wants to go back and play in the EPL.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Hull are the latest club to offer him a contract but he is holding out for a better offer.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Statler and Waldorf »

He moved on loan to Crystal palace last season but he failed to settle, particularly after Pulis took over, and lost form.
How does that work? Pullis went to Palace in November.

I think he lost form due to the Irish Catholics winning the State election in SA
Whats wrong with you?
Its either indigestion or this forum, and I hope its indigestion
Why?
Because at least I know that will get better in a little while

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

laurel and hardy wrote:
How does that work? Pullis went to Palace in November.

I think he lost form due to the Irish Catholics winning the State election in SA
Fook Off nice person!

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Old Master wrote:Tom Ince was originally a Liverpool youth and/or reserves player but moved to Blackpool a few years before his father Paul was appointed the Tangerine's manager.

He played for Blackpool under Ian "Ollie" Holloway and was astar player for them in their EPL season.

After his father became manager of Blackpool he was the target of quite a few big clubs but his father urged him to wait until he had more experience.

He has a lot of potential but I think his biggest problem is his father trying to control his career.

I think he would do better in Italy than the EPL as he is still learning his trade and needs to do so without being scrutinised by the English media.
I didn't think he played for you guys when you were in the premier league?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Black_Panther wrote:
Old Master wrote:Tom Ince was originally a Liverpool youth and/or reserves player but moved to Blackpool a few years before his father Paul was appointed the Tangerine's manager.

He played around 19 games in the EPL.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Old Master wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:

He played around 19 games in the EPL.
According to Wikipedia his first season was 2011-12, which would have been the year after Blackpool was in the Premier League.

Happy to be corrected seeing as though you are a Blackpool Supporter.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

:shock: :wink:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Old Master wrote::shock: :wink:
So what does your research (which you are well renowned for) conclude about Tom Ince playing in the premier league for Blackpool?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Black_Panther wrote:
So what does your research (which you are well renowned for) conclude about Tom Ince playing in the premier league for Blackpool?
Hope this satisfies your interest?

If not I'll produce more for you - by the way, Ince has reopened talks with Hull City Tigers.

Blackpool − 2013-2014
Blackpool
Appearances Total(sub) 25(1), League 23, League Cup 1, FA Cup 1, Goals Total 7.

Palace − 2013-2014
Crystal Palace
Appearances Total(sub) 8(3), League 8, League Cup 0, FA Cup 0, Goals Total 1

Blackpool − 2012-2013
Blackpool
Appearances Total(sub) 47(2), League 44, League Cup 1, FA Cup 2, Goals Total 18,

Blackpool − 2011-2012
Blackpool
Appearances Total(sub) 41(12), League 36, League Cup 1, FA Cup 4, Goals Total 8.

Read more at http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/team/playe ... k4MP1mx.99

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Old Master wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
Hope this satisfies your interest?

If not I'll produce more for you - by the way, Ince has reopened talks with Hull City Tigers.

Blackpool − 2013-2014
Blackpool
Appearances Total(sub) 25(1), League 23, League Cup 1, FA Cup 1, Goals Total 7.

Palace − 2013-2014
Crystal Palace
Appearances Total(sub) 8(3), League 8, League Cup 0, FA Cup 0, Goals Total 1

Blackpool − 2012-2013
Blackpool
Appearances Total(sub) 47(2), League 44, League Cup 1, FA Cup 2, Goals Total 18,

Blackpool − 2011-2012
Blackpool
Appearances Total(sub) 41(12), League 36, League Cup 1, FA Cup 4, Goals Total 8.

Read more at http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/team/playe ... k4MP1mx.99
How does that information show that he played in the Premier League for Blackpool?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Blackpool winger Tom Ince was on Humberside on Tuesday poised to finalise his transfer to Hull City.

Ince is set to become the Tigers’ third signing of the summer.

Manager Steve Bruce moved in for the talented England under-21 international after Ince reportedly turned down a move to Inter Milan.

Ince met Tigers’ officials for the first time on Tuesday with a view to completing his switch to the Barclays Premier League side.

The 22-year-old winger met Inter chiefs in Italy last month to discuss a possible move but decided his future was in England.

Despite Ince being out of contract at Bloomfield Road, he is under 23 so Blackpool will be due compensation when he makes his next move.

Ince, who joined Blackpool from Liverpool, had a spell on loan with Crystal Palace last season.

The move came about after Ince’s father Paul was sacked as Blackpool manager.

Hull boss Steve Bruce completed the permanent signing of Tottenham midfielder Jake Livermore last month and has also landed Robert Snodgrass from Norwich for a reported £7million fee.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Blackpool winger Tom Ince was on Humberside on Tuesday poised to finalise his transfer to Hull City.

Ince is set to become the Tigers’ third signing of the summer.

Manager Steve Bruce moved in for the talented England under-21 international after Ince reportedly turned down a move to Inter Milan.

Ince met Tigers’ officials for the first time on Tuesday with a view to completing his switch to the Barclays Premier League side.

The 22-year-old winger met Inter chiefs in Italy last month to discuss a possible move but decided his future was in England.

Despite Ince being out of contract at Bloomfield Road, he is under 23 so Blackpool will be due compensation when he makes his next move.

Ince, who joined Blackpool from Liverpool, had a spell on loan with Crystal Palace last season.

The move came about after Ince’s father Paul was sacked as Blackpool manager.

Hull boss Steve Bruce completed the permanent signing of Tottenham midfielder Jake Livermore last month and has also landed Robert Snodgrass from Norwich for a reported £7million fee.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Tom Ince stats

Position: Midfielder
Nationality: English
D.O.B: 30th January 1992
Height: 5'10" (178 cm)
Weight: 10st 6lbs (66Kg)

Shirt Number 11

The highly-rated winger signed for Blackpool in August 2011 for an undisclosed fee from Liverpool.

While at Liverpool, Ince was sent out on loan to Notts County, where he teamed up with his dad, who was manager at the time.

Biding his time to make his mark at Bloomfield Road, Ince scored his first goals for the club in a victory over Doncaster Rovers and ended the season as a regular in the side, with his goal in the Championship Play-off final highlighting his rise.

In 2012/13 his continued development was there for all to see, with the winger scoring 18 goals and providing 14 for his team-mates. A fully-fledged England U-21 international, he was named Johnstone's Paint Young Player of the Year at The Football League awards in 2013 and also ended that season with a hatful of awards at Blackpool's end of season dinner.

Last season he departed the club in January and spent the remainder of the campaign on loan to Crystal Palace.

Read more at http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/team/playe ... 6Upwrpr.99

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I've had a very long overseas telephone call with the guy who provided me the stats on Blackpool's players last night and, after going through his records, he has found that he has duplicated part of the record of former player Matt Phillips onto Tom Ince's stat file.

He has apologised profusely to me for the error and will go over his entire stats listings to check he has not done the same elsewhere.

Tom Ince was signed by Blackpool after their relegation from the EPL and as such did not play any games for Blackpool in the EPL.

I am embarrassed once again by him providing me with the wrong information and will not be quoting anything he provides to me in future without checking it out elsewhere first.

I can forgive him though because he has been a wonderful source of information over the last forty years and is now coming up to 80 years of age.

Please also accept my apology for the misinformation. :oops:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details