Transfers & Gossip

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Transfers & Gossip

Post by Derek »

It would be for Wenger, he would probably leave if he wasnt sacked. I think we will make the top four though and i think Wenger has another decent signing up his sleave.

Also i wouldnt be reading too much into the Spuds performance against a team that will go straight back down!

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Kings Jesta »

Derek wrote:It would be for Wenger, he would probably leave if he wasnt sacked. I think we will make the top four though and i think Wenger has another decent signing up his sleave.

Also i wouldnt be reading too much into the Spuds performance against a team that will go straight back down!
Not reading in to the performance, more so the body language of the players, especially how much Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli and Ada were enjoying playing together. Reminded me of Suarez, Sterling, Stuge and Coutinho when they first started to click (Not the level we saw last year). Just saying, Spurs look a bit better across the back and in to holding mid, that if those 4 (along with the good depth they have) can learn from MP and what he had a lesser Soton doing, Spurs will be a good - great team this year. Which would mean for Arsenal and Man U (unless they both have a worldie of a DEF about to come in), fighting for 5th and 6th based on squad strength.

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

The Kings Jesta wrote:
Derek wrote:It would be for Wenger, he would probably leave if he wasnt sacked. I think we will make the top four though and i think Wenger has another decent signing up his sleave.

Not reading in to the performance, more so the body language of the players, especially how much Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli and Ada were enjoying playing together. Reminded me of Suarez, Sterling, Stuge and Coutinho when they first started to click (Not the level we saw last year). Just saying, Spurs look a bit better across the back and in to holding mid, that if those 4 (along with the good depth they have) can learn from MP and what he had a lesser Soton doing, Spurs will be a good - great team this year. Which would mean for Arsenal and Man U (unless they both have a worldie of a DEF about to come in), fighting for 5th and 6th based on squad strength.
Pleased with the performance last night, although QPR were toothless. Big test will be whether we can compete against other big teams, unlike last season. Liverpool next weekend should be a good test.

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

I'm not a Spurs fan, was just pointing out that, regardless of the lacklustre opponents, they looked very fluid (which does contribute to a poor QPR showing).

I think (depending on how we go vs Citeh tonight), Spurs vs LFC could be a cracking open ended game (though I do hope we repeat the result from WHL last year :wink: )

BruceLee
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BruceLee »

Di Maria done. Record fee. He's a gun obviously but still need a centre mid and a centre back

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

benatia signed for bayern and manolas to roma, so they're out.

daley blind and arturo vidal incoming. won't be cheap for vidal.

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Weren't Juve asking 45mil+ for Vidal?
So over 100mil for 2 players and only one almost plays in the area they need cover in. I wouldn't be happy if I was a Man U supporter. All well and good breaking a transfer record, but not if it's not going to change the long term future of the team, and reinforce the correct areas. Has Damian Comolli been advising Man Utd for their transfers... so happy he's no longer at LFC.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Not a great surprise, but Falcao's gone to United. I still think their problems lie elsewhere.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

Aston Villa have agreed an £8million fee with Manchester United For Tom Cleverley.

Apparently Manchester United will pay it in installments!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kings Jesta wrote:Has Damian Comolli been advising Man Utd for their transfers... so happy he's no longer at LFC.
I think he's copped a lot of unfair criticism.

I bet you were happy enough when he signed Suarez :lol:

As were we when he signed Bale, Modric, Berbatov, KPB etc.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Welbeck :?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Interesting question being asked, if you had a spare £16m would you sign Balotelli or Welbeck?

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Stuckey wrote:Interesting question being asked, if you had a spare £16m would you sign Balotelli or Welbeck?
Balo easily.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Balo for sure. Welbeck just lacks quality, hopefully he can prove me wrong.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Welbeck signing could be a masterstroke, big quick strong guy who will get his preferred centre spot. Can play direct but has a good touch, no problems with Arsenal's inside type of play around the box. He has a point to prove so who knows it might work out. I know one thing though better Welbeck than Ballotelli, Sanogo and probably even Giroud.

Hull have done great business this year, topped off with the signing of Ben Arfa. Very skilful player

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

'arry bringing all his Spurs favourites to Loftus Road

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Apparently United have done good business this window, well...
Alex Chaffer ‏@AlexChaffer 9m
Bayern Munich signed Benatia, Rode, Lewandowski, Bernat, Reina, Kurt and Alonso and still made €2m profit. That's good business.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

N5 1BH wrote:Welbeck signing could be a masterstroke, big quick strong guy who will get his preferred centre spot. Can play direct but has a good touch, no problems with Arsenal's inside type of play around the box. He has a point to prove so who knows it might work out. I know one thing though better Welbeck than Ballotelli, Sanogo and probably even Giroud.

Hull have done great business this year, topped off with the signing of Ben Arfa. Very skilful player
Yeah Danny is still only 23. I feel looking at some of his England form and when he got starts for Man Utd especially in UCL. He's cool in front of goal and has great feet. IMO he'll fit right in at Arsenal.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

The Kop wrote:Apparently United have done good business this window, well...
Alex Chaffer ‏@AlexChaffer 9m
Bayern Munich signed Benatia, Rode, Lewandowski, Bernat, Reina, Kurt and Alonso and still made €2m profit. That's good business.
:lol: Anyone who says Man Utd has done great business in the market is probably on their pay roll!

Blind is a good signing and I'm happy with him, Falcao I can understand if RvP needs to be out for a while with his surgery, Not sure about Rojo as I feel it might have just been on the back of a good WC and Di Maria is insane. He's a good player no doubts there but £60m on a player that isn't massively required and then giving Kagawa the boot as a result seems massively wasteful.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

predator wrote:Aston Villa have agreed an £8million fee with Manchester United For Tom Cleverley.

Transfer fell over ,long wait for Cleverley until the January window.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

N5 1BH wrote:Welbeck signing could be a masterstroke, big quick strong guy who will get his preferred centre spot. Can play direct but has a good touch, no problems with Arsenal's inside type of play around the box. He has a point to prove so who knows it might work out. I know one thing though better Welbeck than Ballotelli, Sanogo and probably even Giroud.

It’s a very low risk signing, there’ll always be mid-lower PL teams who will take an ex-top 4 striker if it doesn’t work out.
He’ll have resale value if he fails at age 25-26. 100k a week is a bit steep, that’s almost highest paid at Arsenal?, but his agent would have used the tight deadline to his advantage.

Still, don’t think he’s quality enough to change things for Arsenal.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

If we really have aspirations to bring in trophies, then we need to sign much higher quality than Welbeck. He is young and no doubt will improve but still disappointing in my opinion.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Hopefully it works out like the Sturridge move to Liverpool. Was lost for a couple of years now gets a chance to play in his prefered possie & hopefully shines! Good finisher & its something we have lacked in recent years
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Feel Good Inc.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

El Capitano wrote:Image

:lol: :lol:
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:Hopefully it works out like the Sturridge move to Liverpool. Was lost for a couple of years now gets a chance to play in his prefered possie & hopefully shines! Good finisher & its something we have lacked in recent years
Tee hee :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

ozzie owl wrote:
predator wrote:Aston Villa have agreed an £8million fee with Manchester United For Tom Cleverley.

Transfer fell over ,long wait for Cleverley until the January window.
Looks like it's back on

quote from vitalastonvilla
Lambert is getting Clever after all?
Sky are reporting that Villa submitted paperwork late last night to take Tom Cleverley on loan for the rest of the season.
This may work for all concerned, we get to see what he can do, if we like it we can sign him (an England international, BTW).
If we don't, he can agree a Bosman in January and sign for someone else for next season.

Win Win??

Better than paying £8m before we find out if he really is rubbish. If he plays well, great for the club.

We'll see...............later today.
Update
Loan Deal now done
http://tinyurl.com/n3vw9go

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

I'm glad, he's IMO decent just starved of game time. Similar to Welbeck. I hope both players highlight that the club is being stupid breaking the bank for players when they could have just given their up and comers more game time and developed them properly.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

https://mobile.twitter.com/muzziozcan

This agent has been spot on with most deals so far this Summer & the one who claims the Arsenal signing of the year...

Broke overnight - Sterling done deal with Citeh, Morgan done deal with the Mancs & RVP with Fene
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012