Transfers & Gossip

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Transfers & Gossip

Post by DOC »

paul merson wrote:Phillipe Senderos, Joe Cole & Roy Keane, never a dull moment at Villa Park, well except match days.

cabernet is getting so rediculous there that if they announced next season we'll be playing in cloggs & Peppa Pigs our new shiraz mascott I wouldnt even bat an eye lid.

Thank god we already have a star on our shirt as we certainly dont have any in them, its going to be a long season.
no money mate, that where your club sits until lerner goes or spends
ImageImage

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

DOC wrote:
paul merson wrote:Phillipe Senderos, Joe Cole & Roy Keane, never a dull moment at Villa Park, well except match days.

cabernet is getting so rediculous there that if they announced next season we'll be playing in cloggs & Peppa Pigs our new shiraz mascott I wouldnt even bat an eye lid.

Thank god we already have a star on our shirt as we certainly dont have any in them, its going to be a long season.
no money mate, that where your club sits until lerner goes or spends
Lerner wont spend, he's allowed 10 mill including wages.

Footballwise
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Footballwise »

The Kings Jesta wrote:Sanchez to LFC doesn't make sense while we still have Suarez/Studge/Sterlo/Coutinho/Suso and possibly Lallana. IF we deal Suarez to Barca / Madrid, why take Sanchez (and his wages) as part of the deal, as it will still leave us overloaded out wide. We would need a goal scorer to replace Suarez (Cavani, Falcao, Benteke, Lukaku, Muller could all be viable options with 85+mil from a Suarez deal). I would really like Muller if Suarez does go, seems to be a really professional player in his approach on and off the field, knows what it takes to win, is physically capable of playing in the EPL, and can play 9 / 10 / 7 / 11.
Suarez to go. Get Lukaku and Muller. Then gives plenty of options. Then sign Lovren and 2 good full backs. Johnson is finished. As much as I dont like him Ashley Cole could do a job for LFC. Flanagan is ok but even the RB from ivory coast would be special.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Suarez is 'banned from all football activity' but is allowed a transfer, to a club who should be banned from making transfers. FIFA for you

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

totsreds08 wrote:Suarez is 'banned from all football activity' but is allowed a transfer, to a club who should be banned from making transfers. FIFA for you
Apr 23, 2014 5:33:00 PM

The Catalans' punishment has been suspended until a final decision on their appeal against the ban has been taken

Fifa has announced they have suspended Barcelona's transfer ban following their appeal against the punishment.

The Catalans were banned from signing players for the next two transfer windows for breaching regulations relating to the international transfer of players under 18 years of age, but the suspension has been put on hold until a final decision on their appeal is taken.

Bye Bye Chewey!!!
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Arsenal have added to their crop of wonderkids by signing England youth international Ben Sheaf from West Ham.

The 16-year-old, who was rated as a big star for the future at Upton Park, had moved to the Emirates Stadium after turning down a new contract with the Hammers.

West Ham will no doubt be disappointed with the news, as Sheaf is regarded as one of the best young midfielders in the country.

He made his debut for England’s Under-16 team last season and is being tipped to feature more for the Three Lions in the future.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

haywood djablowme wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:Suarez is 'banned from all football activity' but is allowed a transfer, to a club who should be banned from making transfers. FIFA for you

The Catalans' punishment has been suspended until a final decision on their appeal against the ban has been taken

Fifa has announced they have suspended Barcelona's transfer ban following their appeal against the punishment.

The Catalans were banned from signing players for the next two transfer windows for breaching regulations relating to the international transfer of players under 18 years of age, but the suspension has been put on hold until a final decision on their appeal is taken.

Bye Bye Chewey!!!
Funny how barca who have an ageing squad have had their ban suspended and have been able to sign some players. I bet their ban will come into play again once they've freshened up their squad.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

totsreds08 wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:

Bye Bye Chewey!!!
Funny how barca who have an ageing squad have had their ban suspended and have been able to sign some players. I bet their ban will come into play again once they've freshened up their squad.
Once they chew their funds possibly?
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Image

I don't think anyone would argue that Liverpool are a better team than Southampton. If you put Sturridge up front at St. Mary's, I sincerely doubt he would have scored 30+ goals in a season.

Anyone who's played football, especially as a defender, would probably agree that Shaw is atm, a better defender than Flanagan and more likely to improve in a better team.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:Image

I don't think anyone would argue that Liverpool are a better team than Southampton. If you put Sturridge up front at St. Mary's, I sincerely doubt he would have scored 30+ goals in a season.

Anyone who's played football, especially as a defender, would probably agree that Shaw is atm, a better defender than Flanagan and more likely to improve in a better team.
Shaw's defensive stats should be better then shouldn't they?

Given that he would be under a lot more pressure.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Cafu prefers Flanagan I believe...

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Shaw is flashier going forward and with the ball at his feet, but Flanagan is a better natural defender.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kop wrote:Shaw is flashier going forward and with the ball at his feet, but Flanagan is a better natural defender.
Red Goggle Brigade out in force :lol:

If anything, I'd say it was the other way around.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Footballwise wrote:
The Kings Jesta wrote:Sanchez to LFC doesn't make sense while we still have Suarez/Studge/Sterlo/Coutinho/Suso and possibly Lallana. IF we deal Suarez to Barca / Madrid, why take Sanchez (and his wages) as part of the deal, as it will still leave us overloaded out wide. We would need a goal scorer to replace Suarez (Cavani, Falcao, Benteke, Lukaku, Muller could all be viable options with 85+mil from a Suarez deal). I would really like Muller if Suarez does go, seems to be a really professional player in his approach on and off the field, knows what it takes to win, is physically capable of playing in the EPL, and can play 9 / 10 / 7 / 11.
Suarez to go. Get Lukaku and Muller. Then gives plenty of options. Then sign Lovren and 2 good full backs. Johnson is finished. As much as I dont like him Ashley Cole could do a job for LFC. Flanagan is ok but even the RB from ivory coast would be special.
Yeah just go out and get Muller, too easy. What makes you think he would leave Bayern?

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

The Kop wrote:Shaw is flashier going forward and with the ball at his feet, but Flanagan is a better natural defender.
You have to be kidding right? I mean that.....
As good as both are, Shaw was able to still play against name players, Flanagan was found out on more than numerous occasions, and not by necessarily top shelf players.
Both are young and will learn. Both will progress very well to IMO. But at this stage Shaw is the standout.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Chaos wrote:
As good as both are, Shaw was able to still play against name players, Flanagan was found out on more than numerous occasions, and not by necessarily top shelf players.
Both are young and will learn. Both will progress very well to IMO. But at this stage Shaw is the standout.
FMD, I agree with a smelly Goon :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Kings Jesta »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
Footballwise wrote:
Yeah just go out and get Muller, too easy. What makes you think he would leave Bayern?
Muller has been quoted as "looking for clarification of his role at Bayern" and that "his contract is with Bayern but who knows in the future".
With Lewandowski signing from BVB, Gotze, Robben, Ribery, Shaqiri etc. all playing in similar roles, could be a good time to test the water for someone who has delivered on the biggest stages and is only 24.
Reports are ManU are prepared to pay 30mil pound for Alexis Sanchez, I'd happily see LFC invest that in to Muller instead.
Would be awesome if we could snatch both Shaqiri and Muller from Bayern. 45mil pound should cover both :D

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Emre Can to Liverpool a couple days ago. Lovren apparently about to spit the dummy at Southampton as he wants out but the club won't let him. Liverpool and Spurs in line to sign him.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Debauchy looks set to sign as Sagna's replacement immediately after the world cup

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Chaos wrote:
FMD, I agree with a smelly Goon :wink:
Cheers, anytime .. :lol: :wink:

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Chaos wrote:
No kidding. Flanagan is a limited player and will probably never get to the level Shaw will. Shaw is more of an allrounder with bigger upside.
No Red goggles here.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

C'mon Wenger spend the $$$$$$$$$$$$

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Hearing Michu to Napoli on a loan with the option to buy.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Ashley Cole to Roma.

If this works out half as well as Maicon did, which it will, it's a good pick up.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

getborn wrote:Ashley Cole to Roma.
playingis works out half as well as Maicon did, which it will, it's a good pick up.
Very good pick up on a two year deal

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

joel campbell may be used as a make-weight in the debuchy deal.

janmaat to newcastle as debuchy's replacement after the world cup.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Welcome Alexis :D :D :D

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

haywood djablowme wrote:Welcome Alexis :D :D :D
quality signing

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

PDog wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:Welcome Alexis :D :D :D
quality signing
quality source too..

Plenty of Arsenal fans still can’t believe the deal is happening, but Alexis Sanchez’s transfer to Arsenal has been confirmed… by his hairdresser.