liverpool v man city

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: liverpool v man city

Post by Red-4-Life »

totsreds08 wrote:Gerrard crying after the win. What a massive day for him and the club. Finally able to knock off city!
gee, that brought a tear to my eye! Great to see how he got his troops in a group after the match and told them im sure that there is still a long way to go. Massive massive win, we looked gone when city levelled. Longest 4 weeks coming up, hope the boys can bring the goods home! YNWA

And agreed, Suarez was a bit silly tonight. Skrtel thinks it is rugby, has done all season and has only been pulled up on it once some how. Could have bee costly if he was busted

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Emotional occasion, great game & that Sterling goal was a beauty. Hope Hodgson picks him.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Poo will win the title.....Hodgson and England will fail miserably at the World Cup playing ancient football and Rogers will be appointed the next England manager....Poo's reign will be short lived as it reappoints either Daglish or Souness....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Stayed up & watched this one, what an emotional & entertaining game. The kop are awesome!!!

Well done Liverpool deserved the chocolates in the end after a great fight back by Citeh. I didn't think you had the squad to win it but credit to Rodgers he has kept the squad fresh & key players have been injury free at the right time of the year. Sturridge & Henderson out now might have an impact..

Big 4 weeks ahead & with Stevie G showing such emotion you can trust he will do his up most to get his team over the line (something Arsenal have lacked for years, a true leader)

Hope Roy plays Stevie G in the same role for England as he does for Liverpool
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

well worth staying up for, great game as a neutral.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Kim Kallstrom wrote:well worth staying up for, great game as a neutral.
Very enjoyable. How bad was Kompany, it was like watching Chiriches?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
:lol: City made the mistake of not dragging him at half time

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Awesome game, bar Suarez.
Feel Good Inc.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

MegaBonus wrote:Poo will win the title.....Hodgson and England will fail miserably at the World Cup playing ancient football and Rogers will be appointed the next England manager....Poo's reign will be short lived as it reappoints either Daglish or Souness....
All I can hear is waa waa, I'm going to support Chelsea now.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
To be fair, his first 30 minutes were actually awesome, him and Demichelis kept them in the game. Unfortunately he only had one thing to do in the second half, and he bottled it.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Top game.

Not sure how Suarez stayed on the pitch and there were two stonewall pens for Man City (Skrtel grabbing someone's shirt at a corner, clear as day and the handball which in normal time the referee would have struggled to see).

Having said that I hope Liverpool win it.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Black_Panther

MegaBonus wrote:

Poo will win the title.....Hodgson and England will fail miserably at the World Cup playing ancient football and Rogers will be appointed the next England manager....Poo's reign will be short lived as it reappoints either Daglish or Souness....

granted....as a long term Man U supporter, its alien not to be in the running for at least 1 trophy and my comment was tongue in cheek.....however, is there a better British manager than rogers atm???

England have struggled at major tournaments let alone their record in sth America.....I can see the call for rogers as national coach post world cup whether Poo win it or not...

its not just the way he has them playing but his tactical smarts as well...
Last edited by MegaBonus on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
To be fair, his first 30 minutes were actually awesome, him and Demichelis kept them in the game. Unfortunately he only had one thing to do in the second half, and he bottled it.
Really? I thought he was wrong for Sterling's goal, let him get onto his right foot for the shot, although Hart didn't help by hiding behind him.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

MegaBonus wrote:
Black_Panther

MegaBonus wrote:

granted....as a long term Man U supporter, its alien not to be in the running for at least 1 trophy and my comment was tongue in cheek.....however, is there a better British manager than rogers atm???

England have struggled at major tournaments let alone their record in sth America.....I can see the call for rogers as national coach post world cup whether Poo win it or not...

I didn't realise Suarez was English :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Really? I thought he was wrong for Sterling's goal, let him get onto his right foot for the shot, although Hart didn't help by hiding behind him.
Maybe awesome is stretching it, and Demichalis was the better of the two, but he did some fine work to keep them only 2 nil down I thought.

I blame Hart for Sterling's goal... he should of protected the near post.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Kompany was at fault for all three goals.

Loved how Sterlings indecision turned into a goal, then his same indecision butchered several other chances. The kid started slow but he's ending the season well.
Feel Good Inc.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Suarez didnt have a great day, Skrtel, wtf goes through his head sometimes but I notice not much mention of the 3 or 4 dives by Man City players?
End of, it was a HUGE game for both teams and I think nerves got the better of a lot of people out there (including the ref at times), but what a cracking game.
Ignore this signature

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

MegaBonus wrote:
Black_Panther

MegaBonus wrote:

You should know by now that the English public will not accept a foreign manager.

Stuart Pearce will more than likely be the next England manager.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Black_Panther

You should know by now that the English public will not accept a foreign manager.

what about the Swede and the Italian???

Pearce....the rest of the world just collectively laughed....

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Bomber wrote:Suarez didnt have a great day, Skrtel, wtf goes through his head sometimes but I notice not much mention of the 3 or 4 dives by Man City players?
End of, it was a HUGE game for both teams and I think nerves got the better of a lot of people out there (including the ref at times), but what a cracking game.
Do you seriously want to talk about dives .... really.

Suarez should have been booked for his pathetic attempt in the second half which would have meant red, but hey lets not let the facts get in the way.

I say all his with absolutely no vested interest in the result other than I hope Liverpool end up winning it this year and I mean that, but gees some of you guys cant see the forest for the trees.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

MegaBonus wrote:
Black_Panther

what about the Swede and the Italian???

Pearce....the rest of the world just collectively laughed....
Common sense doesn't come into English football.

Eriksson & Capello were excellent for England however their passport didn't allow them to get the credit in England that they deserved.

re Pearce, just because it's stupid and wrong - it doesn't mean it's not going to happen....

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

Skrtel is one unattractive human being!
FOOTBALL IS A FOREIGN GAME FOR HOOLIGANS & DRUNKEN PSYCHO-FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

Congratulations to all the greek, italian, spanish, eastern block asians who support Liverpool in Australia.

How come none of you ever follow Wycombe?
FOOTBALL IS A FOREIGN GAME FOR HOOLIGANS & DRUNKEN PSYCHO-FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Black_Panther wrote:

The guy who played David James as an outfield player in a premier league game when he had another striker on the bench?? yeah unlikely.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
Bomber wrote:Suarez didnt have a great day, Skrtel, wtf goes through his head sometimes but I notice not much mention of the 3 or 4 dives by Man City players?
Do you seriously want to talk about dives .... really.

Suarez should have been booked for his pathetic attempt in the second half which would have meant red, but hey lets not let the facts get in the way.

I say all his with absolutely no vested interest in the result other than I hope Liverpool end up winning it this year and I mean that, but gees some of you guys cant see the forest for the trees.
So the 3 or 4 dives in Man City's penalty area aren't worth a mention, yet your talking about facts getting in the way? Give me a break!!!
Suarez had a poor day as I admitted (and could have been worse) but at least open your eyes to ALL player's actions on the pitch. At least the ref wasn't conned, so even stevens in that area.
Ignore this signature

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Replays showed Demechelis did make contact though. I thought it was a foul, Demechelis goes to ground recklessly, takes none of the ball, makes contact (albeit minimal) with Suarez. You don’t have to clatter and break legs to give away a foul.

The biggest decision the ref got wrong was not giving City a penalty at the end for Skrtel’s handball that would have been a worthy spoil in any AFL match.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

The Kop wrote:Replays showed Demechelis did make contact though. I thought it was a foul, Demechelis goes to ground recklessly, takes none of the ball, makes contact (albeit minimal) with Suarez. You don’t have to clatter and break legs to give away a foul.

The biggest decision the ref got wrong was not giving City a penalty at the end for Skrtel’s handball that would have been a worthy spoil in any AFL match.
Agreed. Even when he did it I thought, WTF, did I just see what I saw?
The Bomber's could have used him in Fletcher's absence in Perth yesterday and maybe Freo woulnt have won by so many!
Ignore this signature

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

gerrard's talk to his players after the game on the pitch and his interview were class. The man deserves a title, he will do everything he takes and no doubt the rest of the players will follow

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

So the 3 or 4 dives in Man City's penalty area aren't worth a mention, yet your talking about facts getting in the way? Give me a break!!!
Suarez had a poor day as I admitted (and could have been worse) but at least open your eyes to ALL player's actions on the pitch. At least the ref wasn't conned, so even stevens in that area.[/quote]

Tell me about the dives??

Don't mention Dzeko going down where Sakho lunged at him (Not a penalty, incidental contact) but not a dive.

David Silva went down easily once, again incidental contact.

A dive is when people don't suffer contact and go down, like Suarez did in the second half.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:So the 3 or 4 dives in Man City's penalty area aren't worth a mention, yet your talking about facts getting in the way? Give me a break!!!
Suarez had a poor day as I admitted (and could have been worse) but at least open your eyes to ALL player's actions on the pitch. At least the ref wasn't conned, so even stevens in that area.
Tell me about the dives??

Don't mention Dzeko going down where Sakho lunged at him (Not a penalty, incidental contact) but not a dive.

David Silva went down easily once, again incidental contact.

A dive is when people don't suffer contact and go down, like Suarez did in the second half.[/quote]

I agree Suarez wasn't the only one, time for video review after the game to penalise the divers. The other blight on the game is the gang pressure applied by players all pressuring the ref to issue cards.

At least the ref last night didn't give in to these tactics.