liverpool v man city

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Re: liverpool v man city

Post by El Capitano »

There should be 2 terms for diving.
Dive: what the man city players did
Suarez dive: normal dive + antics + bitching & moaning

Biggest game of the year and he served up that rubbish.

Dzeko would have won a penalty if he went down earlier, dunno wtf Sakho was thinking :lol:
Feel Good Inc.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Potentially classic game ruined by play acting and playing the ref on both sides. As long as people make excuses for it when their own team profits it will get worse and destroy the main perceived advantage EPL has over other comps. Can't keep up the interest when players continually take the p!ss, people have their self respect.

Ironically the same ref that gives Liverpool 3 (yes 3) penalties against manure denies city 3 clear cut spot kicks
Sakho lunges in gets none of the ball and takes Dzeko down, if Dzeko doesn’t over react it was clear as day. Skrtel wrestles half the city team at a corner, not even looking at the ball, grabs on at least 2 shirts. Skrtel ‘s hand of god.

Should have had 3 sent off too, Henderson unlucky but correct decision. Skrtel 2 penalties, 2 yellows off. Suarez, take your pick. 4 or 5 yellows going his way in a just world. Maybe he should lend the ref one his own invisible cards.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

game ruined?
I can see how you'll be bitter about things, but ruined? haaaaa

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
Bomber wrote:Suarez didnt have a great day, Skrtel, wtf goes through his head sometimes but I notice not much mention of the 3 or 4 dives by Man City players?
End of, it was a HUGE game for both teams and I think nerves got the better of a lot of people out there (including the ref at times), but what a cracking game.
Do you seriously want to talk about dives .... really.

Suarez should have been booked for his pathetic attempt in the second half which would have meant red, but hey lets not let the facts get in the way.

I say all his with absolutely no vested interest in the result other than I hope Liverpool end up winning it this year and I mean that, but gees some of you guys cant see the forest for the trees.
+1

I also hope Liverpool win it and you can see what it would mean to Stevie G already. Bomber's borrowed some of those red-tinted glasses from the AU crowd :wink:

Suarez is actually very clever, he chooses when and where he want the free kick more or less. For Sterling's goal he showed how strong he is, no benefit in getting a free way out there, so he just bounced Clichy off of him, then later, the slightest touch by someone when he thinks a free is a benefit and he's flying through the air.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Blue Mastiff wrote:Congratulations to all the greek, italian, spanish, eastern block asians who support Liverpool in Australia.

How come none of you ever follow Wycombe?
Is Napoli the Italian Wycombe?
Feel Good Inc.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Saw that, thought I'd bite and ask him why the proportion of Napoli fans grew as the Milan and Juve ones fell way a few years ago but thought better of if.

whoops

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

N5 1BH wrote:Potentially classic game ruined by play acting and playing the ref on both sides. As long as people make excuses for it when their own team profits it will get worse and destroy the main perceived advantage EPL has over other comps. Can't keep up the interest when players continually take the p!ss, people have their self respect.

Ironically the same ref that gives Liverpool 3 (yes 3) penalties against manure denies city 3 clear cut spot kicks
Sakho lunges in gets none of the ball and takes Dzeko down, if Dzeko doesn’t over react it was clear as day. Skrtel wrestles half the city team at a corner, not even looking at the ball, grabs on at least 2 shirts. Skrtel ‘s hand of god.

Should have had 3 sent off too, Henderson unlucky but correct decision. Skrtel 2 penalties, 2 yellows off. Suarez, take your pick. 4 or 5 yellows going his way in a just world. Maybe he should lend the ref one his own invisible cards.
:lol: :lol:
I hate when skrtel wrestles and pulls shirts however kompany wasn't completely innocent. Watch the replays and you'll see most times he had skrtel's shirt as much as skrtel had his shirt.
Suarez overreacted a couple of times however Demichelis fouled Suarez in the second half. It looked like a Suarez dive but you could clearly see the contact on Suarez.
If man city could have had '3' penalties then Liverpool could have possibly had one. Suarez takes on kompany and goes to ground very easily however kompany wasn't really playing the ball. Game over anyways. Great win!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

The Kop wrote:Saw that, thought I'd bite and ask him why the proportion of Napoli fans grew as the Milan and Juve ones fell way a few years ago but thought better of if.

whoops
Amen.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Soldado, Mirallas, Lampard, David Silva, Walcott, Barkley, Ozil, Nasri, Cazorla, Podolski, Ba, Janujaz, Ben Arfa, Mata, Arteta, Valencia, Cisse, Lennon, Wilshere, Kagawa all have less league goals this season than Martin Skrtel (7), own goals not included 8) .

This is hilarious.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

The Kop wrote:game ruined?
Irritated, saddened, bemused, incredulous even. But not bitter (or in denial) though.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

N5 1BH wrote:
Irritated, saddened, bemused, incredulous even. But not bitter (or in denial) though.
Are you describing the game against Wigan which Arsenal struggled to win?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Black_Panther wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
Are you describing the game against Wigan which Arsenal struggled to win?
I could very well be

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

The Kop wrote:Soldado, Mirallas, Lampard, David Silva, Walcott, Barkley, Ozil, Nasri, Cazorla, Podolski, Ba, Janujaz, Ben Arfa, Mata, Arteta, Valencia, Cisse, Lennon, Wilshere, Kagawa all have less league goals this season than Martin Skrtel (7), own goals not included 8) .

This is hilarious.
And Torres (4) :wink:

castriotm
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by castriotm »

I really love the colors http://www.camisetafc.com/liverpool-c-1_91/ , designs and so on, but they were soooo pixelated shields and sponsors .. Turn up that