Man U vs Bayern

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Man U vs Bayern

Post by Derek »

1-1 draw - Probably one of the worst performances i have seen from Bayern in a few years (especially the first hour) Still managed to get a draw......United will get pumped in Germany.

Jim's Alteregos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Man U vs Bayern

Post by Jim's Alteregos »

Derek wrote:united will get pumped in Germany.
We can only hope.
Franchises available

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Jim's Alteregos wrote:
Derek wrote:united will get pumped in Germany.
We can only hope.

Del Boca Vista
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Del Boca Vista »

Derek wrote:1-1 draw - Probably one of the worst performances i have seen from Bayern in a few years (especially the first hour) Still managed to get a draw......United will get pumped in Germany.
yea but i wonder how many super stokes like the mancs they've played over the years. the mancs made it pretty bottle of shiraz boring.

as usual, mandzukik coming on changed the game, he's awesome. wish they'd play him more but now they're bringing lewandowski in.... retarded

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Manuel Neuer is a great goalkeeper. But Bayern must have big confidence in him to not have a man on the post when defending corners. As Shaka pointed out on ESPN Presspass, Vidic's header would have easily been cleared if a man had been deployed there.

Love to know Mers' opinion on this trend of not having men guarding the two posts.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

This is the Euro Champions, league winners and you are questioning tactics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Digger wrote:This is the Euro Champions, league winners and you are questioning tactics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I admire Bayern's play and achievements, Robben's antics notwithstanding.

But they were at fault defending that corner. Eminent ESPN Panellists Shaka Hislop (Newcastle, West Ham, Trinidad & Tobago), Steve Nicol (iconic Liverpool & Scotland full-back) and Craig Burley (Chelsea & Scotland) noted and commented on that fault. As have other high-profile commentators noted that common fault defending corners when other teams also display it and concede soft goals.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Full credit to United, they managed to take the lead for about 12 seconds :lol:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Derek wrote:Full credit to United, they managed to take the lead for about 12 seconds :lol:
In fairness, given their season, I thought Man U punched above their weight in this season's CL.
Did well to get as far as they did and I think they played the team that should probably win it.

Id love to see semis Athletico v Real and Chelsea v Bayern. We shall see
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:
Derek wrote:Full credit to United, they managed to take the lead for about 12 seconds :lol:
In fairness, given their season, I thought Man U punched above their weight in this season's CL.
Did well to get as far as they did and I think they played the team that should probably win it.

In about 8 out of 10 games, Real are unbeatable, they just seem to have a strange off day every so often.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:

Hoping Atletico can win it from here.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Bomber wrote:

I think it depends on what Man U are planning for the future as to whether they can be in any way proud of that tie. If they are planning on developing as a club and rebuilding without going out and just buying whoever happens to be good and for sale at the time. Then fine bowing out in the QFs 3-1 to last seasons champions isn't something to sneeze at. But if they are going to go out and keep buying players like Moyes has done so far then there is no excuse and they are an embarrassment for going into the first fixture with a totally defensive attitude with a squad that won the league last season and has had almost £100m added to it.