Juan Roman Riquelme

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Juan Roman Riquelme

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP3ArYY-eVU

Still got it......

Now this is a guy you would love to see in the A League!!!!!

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Juan Roman Riquelme

Post by Stuckey »

I'd like to see him in the HAL but I probably wouldn't want to see AU sign him. I reckon even at his age he'd still be way out of the league's price range. Especially considering that average Joe wouldn't know who he is.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Stuckey wrote:I'd like to see him in the HAL but I probably wouldn't want to see AU sign him. I reckon even at his age he'd still be way out of the league's price range. Especially considering that average Joe wouldn't know who he is.
True that, he would still be on mega bucks at Boca - what a class player he has been though, best passer of the ball outside Europe IMO. Plays very similar to Pirlo.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

I haven't seen much of him for a while but I remember him at Villarreal him and Forlan were amazing for that club. It was just sad that he wasn't that good for Barca.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Riquelme is great old-style Argentinian midfield general.

Reminded me of a former Argentinian captain, Antonio Rattin - described by some as "the one who strolls". Bossing the midfield, a magnet for the ball and never appearing to be in hurry. Sent off inexplicably against England in a World Cup quarter-final for something he was alleged to have said - by a West German ref who could not understand Rattin's Spanish words.