FA Cup Semi Finals

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

oldfart
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: FA Cup Semi Finals

Post by oldfart »

Con, can you desist with the small print it makes your posts look like an insurance contract. :P :lol:
FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

I used to be the Old Master but now I'm an Oldfart!

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Con M wrote: That 5 pm London time is a pity for fans of the game in Australia. Spells the end of the traditional FA Cup night Aussie party. Still we're at the 'a.r.s.e end of the World', quoting Paul Keating and they're not gonna care in England that the game is telecast at 1.30 am here.

Similarly FIFA couldn't give a fuck that the Australia v. Netherlands game on Thursday 19/6 is at 1.30 am here, and the Australia v. Spain game on Tuesday 24/6 is at 1.30 am here. Yet the inconsistent mugs FIFA did shift the Italy v England game time to suit TV audiences in those countries - so they could have done the same to those aforementioned games to better suit Dutch, Spanish & Aussie TV audiences.
Con, I think you'll find that the Dutch and Spanish audiences will be perfectly happy with a 5pm kick off.
Yep, can't deny your point there NOC. The FA Cup gets plenty of viewers on the Continent.

ps, on that other point I digressed to NOC, it's too late now but do you think FIFA could have scheduled the OZ/Netherlands & OZ/Spain game for a dawn TV k.o. in OZ to help the sport's profile in our developing country? The Dutch and Spaniards would have been comfortable with a corresponding late evening TV k.o. in their countries.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

oldfart wrote:Con, can you desist with the small print it makes your posts look like an insurance contract. :P :lol:
But formerly Old Master, look back on the thread - I only used the smaller font if I was making an aside to the topic at hand, or if I digressed somewhat from the topic...

Jim's Alteregos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jim's Alteregos »

Bollocks. You had already digressed from the topic when you began talking about the final.
Franchises available

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

does the greater footballing audience in Australia give a F%^K about the FA Cup anymore????
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Del Boca Vista
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Del Boca Vista »

surely we're not this precious yet... any time your country kicks off, bloody get up and watch them

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Del Boca Vista wrote:surely we're not this precious yet... any time your country kicks off, bloody get up and watch them

it's like adelaide united though, they'll only go if the kick off's at the right time, the weather is perfect etc..

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Del Boca Vista wrote:surely we're not this precious yet... any time your country kicks off, bloody get up and watch them
100% agree, Del Boca Vista.

it's like adelaide united though, they'll only go if the kick off's at the right time, the weather is perfect etc..
Nah GMAE, ya can't just generalise like that about all of us.