Juve game postponed after youth players drown

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

geordie-442
Star Player
Star Player

Juve game postponed after youth players drown

Post by geordie-442 »

This is beyond belief my thought go out to all & I wonder how this happened.

TURIN, Dec 15 (Reuters) - Juventus's Serie B game at home to Cesena on Friday was postponed after two players in the youth team drowned in a lake inside the club's sports centre.

Fire brigade divers retrieved the bodies of the pair, both aged 17, from the small artificial lake, Italian news agencies said. They added that the two players appeared to have fallen in the ice-cold water as they were trying to retrieve a football.

The Turin's side Web site said the Cesena match had been postponed after a serious accident, without giving more details.

Juventus, who were demoted from Serie A last season because of a match-fixing scandal, are top of Serie B.

Pinturicchio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pinturicchio »

...thats terrible news

RIP boys

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

RIP

thats truly tragic

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Trajic - tow Juve juniors drown at training ground fetching

Post by admin »

A minute's silence will be observed on Italian football pitches this weekend and all players will wear black armbands in memory of two teenagers from the Juventus youth team who drowned.

Alessio Ferramosca and Riccardo Neri, both aged 17, drowned in a small, fenced artificial lake inside the club's training centre.

The two appeared to have fallen in the ice-cold water of the four-metre deep lake as they were trying to retrieve a football.

Juventus postponed their Serie B game at home to Cesena and all youth team matches scheduled for the weekend.

The Turin side, who were demoted from Serie A last season because of a match-fixing scandal, are top of Serie B.

MSE_06
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MSE_06 »

:shock: terrible news...

R I P Boys

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Juve drowning investigation begins Sunday 17 December, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Local police have opened an investigation into how two Juventus youth team players drowned at the club’s training camp.

Tragedy struck the side on Friday afternoon when 17-year-olds Alessio Ferramosca and Riccardo Neri were found in an artificial lake at the Vinovo ground.

It’s believed the two youngsters, part of the Berretti youth side, climbed over the fence and tried to recover some footballs that had fallen into the icy water. They slipped on the plastic sheeting lining the lake and couldn’t get back out.

The Turin police have begun their enquiry into manslaughter, citing five people under investigation. They are Juventus administrator Jean Claude Blanc, Berretti Coach Maurizio Schinaglia, goalkeeping trainer Lorenzo Frison, and those who run the Mondo Juve training camp – Renato Opezzi and Alessandro Sorbone.

“These names in the investigation are a necessary part of the process,â€￾ said the Juventus lawyers. “It’s just moving towards understanding what happened and researching the incident.â€￾

The Bianconeri’s match with Cesena was called off on Friday night after news of the tragic deaths and Alessandro Del Piero left a message on his official website.

“It’s a terrible loss that struck all of Juventus while we were already at the Stadio Olimpico for the game. When we discovered what had happened, I and the team were speechless,â€￾ he commented.

“I express my most heartfelt condolences to their families and are close to them and the boys’ teammates. We had celebrated the club’s Christmas party with the whole squad just a few days ago.â€￾

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

i smell a mafia cover up

Torcida
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Torcida »

died while fetching a soccer ball? sounds pretty sus to me.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Did you read the part about the plastic which lines the bottom of the artificial lake. Sounds as though one may have fallen in and the other tried to get him out and fell in also, it is winter in Italy.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Being winter the water would have been freezing and it also would not have taken long for the guys to freeze

yogi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by yogi »

NOTHING SUSS ABOUT THIS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ABSOLUTE TRAGIC.
R.I.P BHOYS.