FA Cup 3rd Round Draw.

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

London Hearts
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round Draw.

Post by London Hearts »

It's the north east, say no more.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

but I thought the north east has the most passionate and loyal supporters :lol:

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Digger wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Watching the Sunderland v Southampton game, what a poor crowd.
Did you see the bank balances of the fans?
Would have thought Sunderland could attract more than 16k to,an FA Cup 5th round.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

One eye on the UCL with our team selection
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Out of the cup undeservedly. Could have scored 4 today and had a couple of penalty claims turned away. Ox on Suarez and fabianksi punching agger has got to be something. Even the commentators agree.
Oh well lfc can focus on the league. Arsenal to face everton at emirates. City face Wigan home as well.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Undeservedly?

You guys should not be worried about any penalty claims given the times agger has wrestled players on defensive corners
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

totsreds08 wrote:Out of the cup undeservedly. Could have scored 4 today and had a couple of penalty claims turned away. Ox on Suarez and fabianksi punching agger has got to be something. Even the commentators agree.
Oh well lfc can focus on the league. Arsenal to face everton at emirates. City face Wigan home as well.
Skrtel on Santi in the box went unnoticed let alone Stevie G not getting a 2nd yellow bringing down Ox. Both teams had some decision go their way, we put 2 chances away & the pool couldn't score in open play

Put the bad result at Anfield to bed & now time to move on to the UCL :D
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

totsreds08 wrote:Oh well lfc can focus on the league.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:Out of the cup undeservedly. Could have scored 4 today and had a couple of penalty claims turned away. Ox on Suarez and fabianksi punching agger has got to be something. Even the commentators agree.
Skrtel on Santi in the box went unnoticed let alone Stevie G not getting a 2nd yellow bringing down Ox. Both teams had some decision go their way, we put 2 chances away & the pool couldn't score in open play

On balance of play, a draw (ET with Pool down to 10 men would have been interesting) would have been a fair result and the Goons definitely got the best out of their new signing on debut, Howard Webb, but Sturridge missed two glorious chances to almost end the contest inside 5 minutes. Got to take your chances at this level and Arsenal did.

Oxlade Chamberlain must surely have booked his ride to Brazil, although the Liverpool defenders looked ridiculously slow.

I was surprisingly impressed with Flappyhandski as well.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I'm busy FA Cup final night anyway. :wink:

Hope the goons win their next tie.
Ignore this signature

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Thank god we are out.

The final would have caused me a real headache, I am in the uK the week before and I get back a day before a big birthday for my wife, had I decided to stay for the Cup Final I would not have been popular.

I don't have that to worry about now.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

haywood djablowme wrote:

Podolski should have been booked as well? He committed about 6 fouls. 2 of which were late tackles. Webb had a poor game and I don't think he deserves the title as England's best.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Old Redback wrote:
What's funny? Liverpool can focus on getting a top 4 spot now. We could even push to overtake arsenal who have a busy fixture list.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

totsreds08 wrote:
Old Redback wrote:
What's funny? Liverpool can focus on getting a top 4 spot now. We could even push to overtake arsenal who have a busy fixture list.

you don't get an open top bus for coming 4th.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

It was a good game. We lost and could have had a penalty but so what.

Skrtel has given 10 away none given this season

Danny should have scored, Gerrard could have been sent off (Harshly but the way Webb dished out cards). IMO football was the winner a good cup tie.

I wish everyone would stop moaning.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Something not right about a South Yorkshire copper refereeing Liverpool games…

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kop wrote:Something not right about a South Yorkshire copper refereeing Liverpool games…
Bald head, flat feet, large truncheon?

Sturridge had an off day that's all.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

God is an Englishman wrote:

you don't get an open top bus for coming 4th.
I thought you do the way Arsenal brag about it :P finishing a champions league spot is the first step to being able to compete for the title the whole season.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

I think you'll find Arsenal have had an open top bus FOR ACTUALLY WINNING THE PREMIER LEAGUE!
GIAE is making the point that is somethig that Liverpool have not managed - that being said if you get excited about coming fourth then it kind of sums it all up. Personally I wouldn't be happy with 4th.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Not too bothered really, but Webb was shite. Dished out cards like they were going out of fashion (except to Podolski), and gave only one of three blatant pens.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

BTAC wrote:Not too bothered really, but Webb was shite. Dished out cards like they were going out of fashion (except to Podolski), and gave only one of three blatant pens.
And Gerrard :lol:

Certainly missed one penalty with Suarez, what was the other one? I thought Sterling would have got one when clipped by Koscielny, but stayed on his feet (to his credit). I didn't see any advantage called so Webb obviously didn't think it was a foul.
Danny Blanchflower

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
BTAC wrote:Not too bothered really, but Webb was shite. Dished out cards like they were going out of fashion (except to Podolski), and gave only one of three blatant pens.

Certainly missed one penalty with Suarez, what was the other one? I thought Sterling would have got one when clipped by Koscielny, but stayed on his feet (to his credit). I didn't see any advantage called so Webb obviously didn't think it was a foul.
Fabianski dropping Agger like a bad habit.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

BTAC wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Did you see the way Suarez went down, overacting at its worst, what a twat. He didn't give Suarez his penalty because contact or not Webb knew he was being sold, and good for him.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Arsenal logic.
Maybe you're too young to remember Pires!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:
BTAC wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:And Gerrard :lol:

Did you see the way Suarez went down, overacting at its worst, what a twat. He didn't give Suarez his penalty because contact or not Webb knew he was being sold, and good for him.
Nah, that was a penalty. You might be right that reputation played a part as does all the rolling around, but whatever way you look at it, it was a foul.
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

There was contact no arguments there but I reckon Suarez's action of throwing himself in the air dramatically made it impossible for Webb to give a penalty as the minimal contact made would not have caused that reaction naturally. The ref has to be certain, but he gave him cause to doubt

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Minimal contact? haaaa
He clattered him at right angles!

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

N5 1BH wrote:There was contact no arguments there but I reckon Suarez's action of throwing himself in the air dramatically made it impossible for Webb to give a penalty as the minimal contact made would not have caused that reaction naturally. The ref has to be certain, but he gave him cause to doubt
Minimal contact? :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=729480973750581

It's one of the most blatant penalties you'll ever see, and the ref is standing a few feet away.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

it was only time before the gif was posted.

minimal contact........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I wonder what the Pool fans would prefer to have happened.

They get a penalty and go to 2-2 and Gerrard gets sent off, thereby missing the next game (whomever that is), or they don't get a penalty, go out of the Cup, have less games to worry about and their Captain can still play?

PS. Getting the penalty and Gerrard staying on the pitch is not one of the offered options :lol:
Danny Blanchflower