FA Cup 3rd Round Draw.

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round Draw.

Post by BTAC »

Nice One Cyril wrote:I wonder what the Pool fans would prefer to have happened.

They get a penalty and go to 2-2 and Gerrard gets sent off, thereby missing the next game (whomever that is), or they don't get a penalty, go out of the Cup, have less games to worry about and their Captain can still play?

PS. Getting the penalty and Gerrard staying on the pitch is not one of the offered options :lol:
I'd prefer to still be in the cup.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

They get a penalty and go to 2-2 and Gerrard gets sent off, thereby missing the next game (whomever that is), or they don't get a penalty, go out of the Cup, have less games to worry about and their Captain can still play?

PS. Getting the penalty and Gerrard staying on the pitch is not one of the offered options :lol:
Reckon we’d do OK at home to Swansea without Gerrard.
8)

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

BTAC wrote:

I'd prefer to still be in the cup.
Me too.
Ignore this signature

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

The Kop wrote:it was only time before the gif was posted.

minimal contact........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
I still see the same thing, the contact was minimal in relation to the reaction of Suarez. He toes the ball away (so no longer has control) then turns into the expected tackle and rolls around like a goose, all of it pre-empted . No way the contact made could possibly cause that kind of reaction (how many roll overs? reminded me of Klinsman in the 80s). He was obviously attempting to 'earn' the penalty and put enough doubt in the refs mind.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

N5 1BH wrote:
The Kop wrote:it was only time before the gif was posted.

minimal contact........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
I still see the same thing, the contact was minimal in relation to the reaction of Suarez. He toes the ball away (so no longer has control) then turns into the expected tackle and rolls around like a goose, all of it pre-empted . No way the contact made could possibly cause that kind of reaction (how many roll overs? reminded me of Klinsman in the 80s). He was obviously attempting to 'earn' the penalty and put enough doubt in the refs mind.
I agree no penalty.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Jesus, if you genuinely don't think that's a pen, football isn't for you. :lol:
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Was a penalty, but Suarez's reaction to the contact was pathetic .

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

BTAC wrote:Jesus, if you genuinely don't think that's a pen, football isn't for you. :lol:
Here here. As for Kop though. That was a body check, no ankles hit there.

Once again. skrtel has gotten away with dozens of pens this year. What goes around...
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

BTAC wrote:Jesus, if you genuinely don't think that's a pen, football isn't for you. :lol:
Armchair supporters view of football in action. It is only a penalty if the ref gives a penalty and he can only do that if he is in NO DOUBT an offence has been committed. You've all had the benefit of watching 2 separate camera angles 100 times. Ignore the 2nd shot, the angle from behind the goal it has no relevance because the ref doesn't have the benefit of a replay from that angle. The first shot is closest to what the ref sees, watch it closely there is a clear impression of minimal contact and of Suarez (a notorious cheat) deliberately throwing himself to the ground. whether what the ref saw in real time is reality or not is not the point but look again and if you genuinely don't understand why the ref had doubts then football isn't for you :lol:

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

I really want to like Suarez, but he makes it so damn hard.
Feel Good Inc.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

N5 1BH wrote:
Armchair supporters view of football in action. It is only a penalty if the ref gives a penalty and he can only do that if he is in NO DOUBT an offence has been committed. You've all had the benefit of watching 2 separate camera angles 100 times. Ignore the 2nd shot, the angle from behind the goal it has no relevance because the ref doesn't have the benefit of a replay from that angle. The first shot is closest to what the ref sees, watch it closely there is a clear impression of minimal contact and of Suarez (a notorious cheat) deliberately throwing himself to the ground. whether what the ref saw in real time is reality or not is not the point but look again and if you genuinely don't understand why the ref had doubts then football isn't for you :lol:
Even Wenger saw it. Case closed.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

N5 1BH wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Suarez
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Suarez »

N5 1BH wrote: It is only a penalty if the ref gives a penalty
Flawless logic sir.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Suarez wrote:
N5 1BH wrote: It is only a penalty if the ref gives a penalty
Flawless logic sir.
Thanks Louis. So that's settled then it wasn't a penalty, case closed

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

N5 1BH wrote:
:lol:

He's five feet away from it, with no obstructions. There are no excuses for not giving that pen. Disgraceful refereeing, and you're a bell end.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

El Capitano wrote:I really want to like Suarez, but he makes it so damn hard.
No worries Januzaj, or do you prefer the old faithful Ashley Young...
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

N5 1BH wrote:
So by your logic no ref makes a mistake? Because if the don't ever call a foul, then it isn't there? So referees are perfect?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

totsreds08 wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
So by your logic no ref makes a mistake? Because if the don't ever call a foul, then it isn't there? So referees are perfect?
Obviously not, or they'd give at least two penalties every game against Skrtel and Agger for their MMA style and Webb would have sent Captain Gerrard off for a second hack. :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Gerrard was subjective, I thought he was going to be sent off, but neither foul was that bad so It would have been harsh. And he gave the free kick. I still say with rules as they are it should now be 3 yellows and you are off or a sin bin as it's so easy to get cautioned.

The penalty he didn't give. That was just wrong.

As I said I have no sour grapes we lost and we move on, BUT it was a blatant penalty that he inexcusably git wrong, will the FA have the balls to drop him after a few howlers?

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Rodgers is quoted in today's paper as saying Suarez is being unfairly treated, based on reputation of other incidents. He's got a point because Suarez has only received 2 yellow cards for simulation, the same as 8 other players (refer separate thread "Only 31 yellow cards for diving in 900 EPL games").

The Ox fouled Suarez and it should have been a penalty. I don't think Webb booked Suarez for simulation after the incident at the first break of play either.

In the end I'm still glad Arsenal won and went part of the way for redemption after the 1-5 @ Anfield. But this could easily have been 2-2 and a replay.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Digger wrote:Gerrard was subjective, I thought he was going to be sent off, but neither foul was that bad so It would have been harsh. And he gave the free kick. I still say with rules as they are it should now be 3 yellows and you are off or a sin bin as it's so easy to get cautioned.

As I said I have no sour grapes we lost and we move on, BUT it was a blatant penalty that he inexcusably git wrong, will the FA have the balls to drop him after a few howlers?
As ive said, yes should of been given but take your glasses off Pool fans. Skrtel was also a pen on Carzola with 10mins to play

Maybe Webb turned away that one as he knew he stuffed up on the 2nd not given.... & tbh the first was a very soft pen anyway
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Digger wrote:Gerrard was subjective, I thought he was going to be sent off, but neither foul was that bad so It would have been harsh. And he gave the free kick. I still say with rules as they are it should now be 3 yellows and you are off or a sin bin as it's so easy to get cautioned.

As ive said, yes should of been given but take your glasses off Pool fans. Skrtel was also a pen on Carzola with 10mins to play

Maybe Webb turned away that one as he knew he stuffed up on the 2nd not given.... & tbh the first was a very soft pen anyway
Soft, yeah. Definitely a pen though. Podolski was absolutely brain dead.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

what glasses? Skrtel was possibly a pen, but Suarez was blatant.

You win some and you lose some, but nothing wrong with highlighting how bad Webb was. As others have come out and said too - ex refs mainly. That shows how poor he was.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

BTAC wrote: Soft, yeah. Definitely a pen though. Podolski was absolutely brain dead.
So was Stevie G, with his tackle on Ox!

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Digger wrote:what glasses? Skrtel was possibly a pen, but Suarez was blatant.

You win some and you lose some, but nothing wrong with highlighting how bad Webb was. As others have come out and said too - ex refs mainly. That shows how poor he was.
Umm the glasses you still have on. Both blatant, both not given

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

totsreds08 wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:

Why do you all have such difficulty coming to terms with the very real possibility that the ridiculous and embarrassing theatricals of the delicate genius put doubt in the refs mind and cost liverpool a decision that would most likely have ended in a goal and kept them in the cup. What was the refs mistake? he can only call what he sees in real time. Are you seriously suggesting that Suarez didn’t throw himself to the ground. He got what he deserved and you all know it.

Suarez should have a look at his little apprentice Raheem Sterling, his diving has been more productive lately, like at Stoke the other week much to the amusement of Rodgers. Spanish penalty my muscat, it’s a f!#king dive.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Watch the replay. You can see Webb in the background shaking his finger before Suarez even hits the floor.
So no, Suarez going to ground didn't change his opinion. He generally can't make big calls in big games.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

haywood djablowme wrote:
BTAC wrote: Soft, yeah. Definitely a pen though. Podolski was absolutely brain dead.
I don't disagree. He normally nails those challenges though tbf, so I can see why he went for it. It was just stupid to try it on a yellow.

No idea what Podolski was thinking though. I'd say he'd have been ripped a new muscat after the game.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

BTAC wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:
I don't disagree. He normally nails those challenges though tbf, so I can see why he went for it. It was just stupid to try it on a yellow.

No idea what Podolski was thinking though. I'd say he'd have been ripped a new muscat after the game.
Thats why Podolski doesn't get much game time for us on the left cause he cant defend to save his life. Gives our LB no cover at all

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

I’ve got no problem being knocked out, the Liverpool defending was amateur and Arsenal capitalised. Sturridge could have won the tie off his own boot.
Ultimately that’s what cost us, not Webb – as incompetent a ref as she is.

But this penalty talk takes the cake. That’s clearcut penalty in any league in any country in the world. If you’re gonna be saying it’s not then at least have the decency to use blue text!