EPL 2013/2014

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: EPL 2013/2014

Post by Derek »

2-2 with Swansea! Another very disappointing performance.....time for some big changes!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Derek wrote:2-2 with Swansea! Another very disappointing performance.....time for some big changes!
Love Flamini. :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Fingers are pointing solely at Wenger. Told he had the money to get the players required at seasons start, made one big move, told again in January it was still there, yet sat on his muscat and didn't bother to bolster his squad, let alone strike force.
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Chaos wrote:Fingers are pointing solely at Wenger. Told he had the money to get the players required at seasons start, made one big move, told again in January it was still there, yet sat on his muscat and didn't bother to bolster his squad, let alone strike force.
We can let you have Sherwood if you're stuck :wink:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Chaos wrote:Fingers are pointing solely at Wenger. Told he had the money to get the players required at seasons start, made one big move, told again in January it was still there, yet sat on his muscat and didn't bother to bolster his squad, let alone strike force.
We can let you have Sherwood if you're stuck :wink:
:lol:
And after he is finished his English lessons, maybe Lamela can come ride the pine with Kim Kallstrom as part of the clause :wink:
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

I have always defended Wenger, but as you said the blame lies solely with him now. Somehow we sat top of the table for a large portion of the season and for what? My 1000/1 odds look a little silly now

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Derek wrote:I have always defended Wenger, but as you said the blame lies solely with him now. Somehow we sat top of the table for a large portion of the season and for what? My 1000/1 odds look a little silly now
That was the problem we were top! Wenger thought the thin squad could carry on till May :?

You would think somebody who has managed 1001 games would know how tough the run in is, especially on bodies who have already been playing game after game before the new year - hence why Ozil, Ramsey, Jack, Koscielny are all out injured from being run to the ground. Why can we all see it...
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Lucky it wasn't 3-2

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

saw this on twitter:

0-1 - Wenger out, Giroud cabernet, Kim cabernet, everyone cabernet
2-1 - Wenger knows, Giroud sexy, Kim huge, everyone half decent
2-2 - See 0-1

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Derek wrote:I have always defended Wenger, but as you said the blame lies solely with him now. Somehow we sat top of the table for a large portion of the season and for what? My 1000/1 odds look a little silly now
That was the problem we were top! Wenger thought the thin squad could carry on till May :?

You would think somebody who has managed 1001 games would know how tough the run in is, especially on bodies who have already been playing game after game before the new year - hence why Ozil, Ramsey, Jack, Koscielny are all out injured from being run to the ground. Why can we all see it...
Same reason Liverpool probably won't win it. Squads win titles and City and Chelsea are a fair way ahead on that score.
Danny Blanchflower

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

as a man u supporter, thank god for Arsenal and Wenger...

we knew we were finished ages ago....this mob still believe....which makes it even funnier...

it was obvious what we did against City...we preserved ourselves for Bayern... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Kim Kallstrom wrote:Lucky it wasn't 3-2
Assume you mean 2-3, when Swansea broke through on goal in dying seconds only for the ref to save the home team by blowing the full time whistle?
I'm trying to picture Arsene's reaction had it been the reverse!
:wink:
Ignore this signature

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

You mean this, WTF was this?!?!?

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

[quote="MegaBonus"]as a man u supporter,

we knew we were finished ages ago....

as in this year?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

yeh I thought the corner was turned when Mata was signed?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

cough cough...clearing of the throat..."now back to ridiculing Arsenal...."
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

The Kop wrote:You mean this, WTF was this?!?!?

Very lucky break

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:

Same reason Liverpool probably won't win it. Squads win titles and City and Chelsea are a fair way ahead on that score.
I agree, but people kept on saying we were a one man team, I think the form of Suarez, Sturridge and Gerrard has proven that to be bollox.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

All the diving from Suarez and Sturridge has really helped Gerrard find his goal scoring form.
Feel Good Inc.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

El Capitano wrote:All the diving from Suarez and Sturridge has really helped Gerrard find his goal scoring form.
:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Digger wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Same reason Liverpool probably won't win it. Squads win titles and City and Chelsea are a fair way ahead on that score.
I agree, but people kept on saying we were a one man team, I think the form of Suarez, Sturridge and Gerrard has proven that to be bollox.
The key has been Suarez only missing the 5 games at the start of the season, all the others are replaceable. Stoke, Villa, Swansea, Southampton and a crisis-hit Man United is not the toughest start in the World and, without him, you got 10 points out of 15, but I think he's played just about every minute since. A bit like Keegan's Toon, you've relied on outscoring teams as much as anything with only 9 clean sheets, take out Suarez's goals and assists and you'd be struggling to do that on a consistent basis.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Digger wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Same reason Liverpool probably won't win it. Squads win titles and City and Chelsea are a fair way ahead on that score.
The key has been Suarez only missing the 5 games at the start of the season, all the others are replaceable. Stoke, Villa, Swansea, Southampton and a crisis-hit Man United is not the toughest start in the World and, without him, you got 10 points out of 15, but I think he's played just about every minute since. A bit like Keegan's Toon, you've relied on outscoring teams as much as anything with only 9 clean sheets, take out Suarez's goals and assists and you'd be struggling to do that on a consistent basis.
All teams 'rely' on their best players. Messi was injured and Barca aren't the same etc. Bale went and look at you :-)

Suarez would get into each and every team in the world bar none. So of course he is the main man, but we are not a one man team. Sturridge and Suarez are simply breathtaking. I watched MOTD this week, and Shearer, Lineker and Leonardo were praising them immensely.

If we didn't have Suarez who knows where we would be, Aspas could have done a job :lol:

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Think people underestimate Rodgers as a coach, tactically he's scored a 9.5/10. Adapted quite a few systems, formations and style many times throughout the season. Some beauties from the press - Suarez should start from the bench since Sturridge is scoring, Sturridge should come back from injury via the bench since Suarez has been scoring, you can't play one of Suarez or Sturridge on a wing, Sterling's tracking back will let the team down, he needs to buy a DM in January cos Gerrard will be useless there, etc etc.

Having talented players is useless if you don't know how to use them *cough cough Moyesy!!

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Digger wrote:
El Capitano wrote:All the diving from Suarez and Sturridge has really helped Gerrard find his goal scoring form.
:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:
Nikky taner?
Feel Good Inc.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nicky Tanner was a clown, I agree with you with that. His performances were woeful at best for LFC.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Looks like I got a new toy
Feel Good Inc.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Man City's to lose now. If they get up over Arsenal I think they'll go all the way. However if they don't and Liverpool and Chelsea keep winning, it will come down to the wire. Liverpool's games vs City and Chelsea could be title defining...in fact they will be.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Digger wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:The key has been Suarez only missing the 5 games at the start of the season, all the others are replaceable. Stoke, Villa, Swansea, Southampton and a crisis-hit Man United is not the toughest start in the World and, without him, you got 10 points out of 15, but I think he's played just about every minute since. A bit like Keegan's Toon, you've relied on outscoring teams as much as anything with only 9 clean sheets, take out Suarez's goals and assists and you'd be struggling to do that on a consistent basis.
All teams 'rely' on their best players. Messi was injured and Barca aren't the same etc. Bale went and look at you :-)

Suarez would get into each and every team in the world bar none. So of course he is the main man, but we are not a one man team. Sturridge and Suarez are simply breathtaking. I watched MOTD this week, and Shearer, Lineker and Leonardo were praising them immensely.

If we didn't have Suarez who knows where we would be, Aspas could have done a job :lol:
The point was more that your defence is not the best, especially when compared to Chelsea and City.
Danny Blanchflower

Del Boca Vista
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Del Boca Vista »

chelsea play ivanovic and azpillicuetta every game, city have zaba and kolarov... Liverpool have done pretty damn well with a new keeper, second string full backs (including a young scouser who made his mark this season) and a fairly choppy set of centre halves. oh and did i mention steven gerrard having to adapt to a new position to cover this defence? it's the complete opposite to the consistency arsenal has in these positions yet we are still doing so well.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Del Boca Vista wrote:chelsea play ivanovic and azpillicuetta every game, city have zaba and kolarov... Liverpool have done pretty damn well with a new keeper, second string full backs (including a young scouser who made his mark this season) and a fairly choppy set of centre halves. oh and did i mention steven gerrard having to adapt to a new position to cover this defence? it's the complete opposite to the consistency arsenal has in these positions yet we are still doing so well.
I think you'll find the 80 odd goals you've scored is why you're doing so well, not the goals against. You've let in more goals than Hull FFS! :lol:
Danny Blanchflower