EPL 2013/2014

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: EPL 2013/2014

Post by totsreds08 »

The Kop wrote:You mean this, WTF was this?!?!?

I can't believe that happened. Those 2 points that Swansea could have gotten if they scored could have put them out of the relegation battle. Shocking refereeing.

Flexi
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Flexi »

Time is time. It shouldn't matter where the ball is.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Chiko Roll wrote:Time is time. It shouldn't matter where the ball is.
Agree, so why didnt he blow when time was already up when Arsenal was in attack? :wink:
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:
Agree, so why didnt he blow when time was already up when Arsenal was in attack? :wink:
How did you know time was up? The extra time shown by the fourth official is the minimum added time, the ref is still the sole arbiter of how much he thinks should be played.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:
How did you know time was up? The extra time shown by the fourth official is the minimum added time, the ref is still the sole arbiter of how much he thinks should be played.
No that Fergie has retired.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:
It went way past the allocated time and there was no cause to add further for any stoppages during the additional minutes. Why bother telling the fourth official you're going to add on 3 minutes (for example), but add on 4 or 5, especially when nothing occurs within those first 3 minutes that suddenly warrant more time added on?
How they manage only 3 or 4 minutes after 45 minutes of play, yet find another 1 or 2 within those 3 or 4 minutes really demands more explanation in my book.
Ignore this signature

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

added time has always been a shambles in my opinion, needs to change.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Derek wrote:added time has always been a shambles in my opinion, needs to change.
Have to agree, the whole issue of added time is too murky.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

I agree to. I've discussed before about making players that require treatment should have to spend a certain amount of time on the sideline before coming back on as a disincentive to time wasting. But if additional time was more accurately taken and adhered to this wouldn't be required.
Why not take time keeping away from the ref? Just have it like it is in AFL and have the ref blow time on and time off. Then its up to an official in the stands to work it out.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Have a time keeper, stop the clock at every stopage, not hard. Players may stay on their feet more if they know rolling around is not getting them anywhere!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Derek wrote:Have a time keeper, stop the clock at every stopage, not hard. Players may stay on their feet more if they know rolling around is not getting them anywhere!
That's very true, it does seem a bit ridiculous in this day and age, though FIFA are very keen on trying to make the game the same at all levels, it's partly why they resisted the miking of officials and goal line technology for so long.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Derek wrote:Have a time keeper, stop the clock at every stopage, not hard. Players may stay on their feet more if they know rolling around is not getting them anywhere!
That's very true, it does seem a bit ridiculous in this day and age, though FIFA are very keen on trying to make the game the same at all levels, it's partly why they resisted the miking of officials and goal line technology for so long.
Fair enough I say to try and make the game the same if its the UCL final or a local league game that's very noble. But they must think refs grow on trees though if they think they are able to source another two assistants to man the goal line in local leagues.
UCL and the like have too much riding on them to just let avoidable human errors creep in.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

A game would last longer then a T20 though. I agree with the principle but the practicality is a no goer.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

How would it take any longer?

Flexi
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Flexi »

Derek wrote:How would it take any longer?
Either you're taking the piss or you're not very bright.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Derek wrote:How would it take any longer?
The forum has just hit a new low.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

If the clock is stopped at the same time the ref
Is supposedly meant to stop his watch or add time, tell me how it would take the length of a t20 game???

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Are you on the turps? I just hope you are, or else you need to see a quack in the morning.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Well I thought they had a rough calculation that approx 30 seconds would be added for the time it took for every yellow card to be handed out and recorded, 30 seconds to effect a substitution which normally involved some sook dragging his feet & taking his time to stroll off, and 60 seconds for a red card send-off with the usual uproar at the 'victim' being hard done by; and whatever time it took for an injured player to be treated or stretchered off.

Oh, and if it's one of those horror oval stadiums with a running track, then the ref's discretion on how much time the ball spent out of bounds and the poor ball-boys to retrieve it or get another ball to the thrower or corner-kick taker. (There's no law to stop a team that's leading from continually hoofing it out in the closing stages of the game. Pity the poor ref from calculating that wasted time).

ps, it's not just FIFA's responsibility in this added time problem - I.F.A.B. is the sole custodian of the Laws of the Game and FIFA has 4 votes on that International F.A. Board and the 4 British home nations hold the other 4 votes. 6 out of the 8 votes are required for a change to pass. I.F.A.B.'s transparent new Football advisory Panel & Technical Advisory Panel should look at this vexing issue in the future.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

I'm
Not quite sure Digger understands what a stoppage is.....anyway I think it's a decent idea that would put an end to the mysterious minutes we get at the moment.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Derek wrote:I'm
Not quite sure Digger understands what a stoppage is.....anyway I think it's a decent idea that would put an end to the mysterious minutes we get at the moment.
But when is a stoppage not a stoppage?

When do you stop the watch? When does it re-start. I think longer than a Test match is more accurate in fact!

What happens when the crowd keep the ball, is that a stoppage?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Digger wrote:
Derek wrote:I'm
But when is a stoppage not a stoppage?

When do you stop the watch? When does it re-start. I think longer than a Test match is more accurate in fact!

What happens when the crowd keep the ball, is that a stoppage?
All those questions and more have already been answered in this thread.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

So what people on here think is what actually happens, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

It's just an idea, nobody is claiming that it will happen. Just relax, it's Friday and nearly time for a pint.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Derek wrote:It's just an idea, nobody is claiming that it will happen. Just relax, it's Friday and nearly time for a pint.
:clown:
Feel Good Inc.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

:lol:

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Digger wrote:So what people on here think is what actually happens, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course not but attitudes like yours is why things don't happen.

Del Boca Vista
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Del Boca Vista »

the murky situation around added time is how they keep matches fixed, same with penalties...

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Del Boca Vista wrote:the murky situation around added time is how they keep matches fixed, same with penalties...
When there are so many simple clear cut ways to change the game for the better sometimes you have to wonder whether that's the sad truth.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Should of been 3 pts against Citeh :( game of two halves

Huge result for Palace & Liverpool, lets see if they have the bottle to take advantage
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012