Serie A discussion

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Serie A discussion

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Redeye10 wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Yep much better Juventino

Higuain is up there with the best ATM great win :D :)
yes good win, bit tense there at the end but overall we were the better team,
so good to sit at the top of the summit and hopefully can get a result at bologna
next week before another huge game at home against Roma, interesting next few
weeks for sure, hopefully we will be enjoying the xmas break top or near the top
The big test is in the back half of the season - Lazio, Juve, Inter, Roma, Samp, Fiorentina all away from home. Can only do what we have until now, couldn't be happier but what a fairy tale it would be, especially with a Napulitane for a coach

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Incredible how Inter didn't equalise at the end. But I'm not sure what they are complaining about with the red card.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Juventino wrote:Incredible how Inter didn't equalise at the end. But I'm not sure what they are complaining about with the red card.
Yeah I couldn't believe Mancini's "we deserved a draw". They were given a hiding for most of the game lets be honest.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Table looking better by the week :D

Except for the team at the top.

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

Coppa Italia derby this week mate, Toro well rested after the fog in Sassuolo.

Most disappointed after waking at 3:30am to watch that match and seeing a murky fog and no match :)

Juve certainly look like they have turned the corner, Dybala showing why he was signed, he is quality. Napoli should have beaten Roma from what I saw, but Inter and Juve starting to look like the the two who will battle it out along with Napoli potentially.
Race for 3-6 is looking interesting, hoping Toro can have a better run with injuries in the 2nd half of the season, Quagliarella can start scoring again and we sneak in for a Europa spot!

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Russki Claw wrote:Coppa Italia derby this week mate, Toro well rested after the fog in Sassuolo.

Most disappointed after waking at 3:30am to watch that match and seeing a murky fog and no match :)

Juve certainly look like they have turned the corner, Dybala showing why he was signed, he is quality. Napoli should have beaten Roma from what I saw, but Inter and Juve starting to look like the the two who will battle it out along with Napoli potentially.
Race for 3-6 is looking interesting, hoping Toro can have a better run with injuries in the 2nd half of the season, Quagliarella can start scoring again and we sneak in for a Europa spot!
Coppa game went quite well :wink:

Christmas break now, but we are set for a thrilling 2016 thanks to Lazio's win at Inter.

Here's the top five:
Inter 36
Napoli 35
Fiorentina 35
Juventus 33
Roma 32

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

Words fail me, then topped it off with home loss to Udinese. Ventura out of ideas? No Maksimovic, Avelar, Obi for long term injuries etc. have been an issue but letting EL Kaddouri return to Napoli and not replacing his playmaker style has hurt. Hope we can get someone like that in Jan.
As for Juve, they look very strong now. Liked Dybala at Palermo and he has carried it on.

Buon Natale!

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Roma and Lazio still struggling after the break, how long till Berlusconi sacks Mihailjovic?

Status quo for Inter, Juve, Fiorentina and Napoli

PS Insigne shiraz me what a goal, he's really blossomed this season

Gonna Be a great finish to the season

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Allegri gone. Seedorf gone. Inzaghi gone. Mihajlovic? Maybe the problem isn't necessarily on the bench, but the decisions from up high. That's where it starts.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Juventino wrote:Allegri gone. Seedorf gone. Inzaghi gone. Mihajlovic? Maybe the problem isn't necessarily on the bench, but the decisions from up high. That's where it starts.
Slow down buddy you are making too much sense. Let them implode shiraz them I'm enjoying it.

To last night, big win at Froshhhhinone - some master class goals from Higuain, Hamsik & Manolo

Redeye10
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Redeye10 »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
Juventino wrote:Allegri gone. Seedorf gone. Inzaghi gone. Mihajlovic? Maybe the problem isn't necessarily on the bench, but the decisions from up high. That's where it starts.
Slow down buddy you are making too much sense. Let them implode shiraz them I'm enjoying it.

To last night, big win at Froshhhhinone - some master class goals from Higuain, Hamsik & Manolo
Yes and now we have the so called winter championship under our belts the big test will be to win the league,
Major obstacles in our way are difficult away games against top 6 teams in the next few months.
Should be a cracker of a second half of the season, Serie A really providing entertaining stuff this season

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Can't wait until the big Valentines Day showdown :D

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Juventino wrote:Can't wait until the big Valentines Day showdown :D
Getting ever closer and if current form/standings keep up, it will be an absolute cracker.

I think my favourite stat this season is: Higuain - 20 goals in 20 games. Inter - 25 goals in 20 games.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Now let me preface this post by saying I don't condone what Sarri said to Mancini, but Mancini has opened a can of worms and is a bi$tch

He quickly forgets when he was coaching Lazio and Mihailjovic called vieira a black so and so - he responded by saying what happens in the game should stay in the game

All of a sudden that goes out the window ??? Typical hypocrite he is

Pure north V south stuff again trying to unsettle us

He's a co(khead of the highest order but I guess you only have to look at who he coaches

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Apparently he also called a journalist a faggot back in 2001. Says he didn't however, but seems an odd thing for Gazzetta to make up.

I'd hate to hear all the other crap that is said on the field, if players would immediately go to the media... Mancini has done his bit to try and ruffle Napoli's title charge. Let's see if it has an effect.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Higuain 21/21 unbelievable really.

Cavani who????

Good result away

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

And that's Roma out of the Scudetto race. We're down to four (but in reality, probably two).

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Unless there is a change in Inter, Fiorentina's form its seemingly a two horse race now.

We play the most attractive football in Italy at the moment but I don't care I just want to win.

We would have drawn or lost that game last year, Sarri has to take ALL the credit we now treat every game likes it's a massive one.

Most fearsome attack in Italy and the fact Mertens can't get a game says something.

Insigne has registered a goal and assist in the same game 7 times this season, an official record in Serie A now. His free kick was class this morning.

I still think Juve are favourites though.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Still eyeing off the 14th. Massive game.

Fantastic to see Morata back among the goals. Even better as Mandzukic is out injured, but he's picked up the slack.

Insigne has to go to Euro 2016. I don't think he will because Conte is stubborn, but bloody hell he has been incredible this season.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Spot on re: Insigne amazing player now.

See Mancini's effort when he got sent off with his one finger salute

Pressures getting to him the d$ckhead

Lazio first then the weekend THEN we worry about the 14th

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

I could maybe understand excluding Insigne if the talent was there. But the bottom line is, the attackers chosen in the past few squads constitutes one of the weakest attacking units in decades for Italy. Look at the last matches - Zaza, Gabbiadini (both not regulars), Okaka (playing in Belgium), Pelle (poor after a good start to the season) and Eder (best of the bunch this season, but not sure about his international pedigree). Then the wingers chosen - Cerci, El Sharaawy and Candreva. Insigne has outperformed them all this season. Hell, he's one of the reasons why Gabbiadini isn't playing!

The talent not in the squad - Insigne, Rossi, Berardi and I'll include Balotelli even if he is a basket case - is better than what Conte is selecting. But Insigne is, at least presently, not expected to go to France because of that incident last October. Which was probably making a mountain out of a molehill.

Conte spoke in November about it needing more than one or two goals/good performances to be picked, then chooses De Silvestri, despite him not even playing for Sampdoria this season due to injury.

I just don't see Italy as much of a threat going forward if that will be the attacking unit chosen.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

If he ignores him he's cutting his nose off to spite his face

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Solid performance this morning if not spectacular but those two champs again higuain with another goal and Insigne with another assist

Callejon finding the goals now gives another option up front

Carpi home Sunday ........

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Meanwhile, ours was a scrappy win - but hey, it's 13 in a row - club record - and Napoli are still just two points up the road.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

We just equalled our club record - 7 in a row which stood since the last championship ..........

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

And here we go...

Tight wins for both Juve and Napoli, perhaps both had an eye on next week. It's going to be a cracker - the first genuine Scudetto battle since Milan - Juve in 2012.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Yes indeed!!! Massive but I still don't think it will decide the Scudetto

8 in a row for a club record and I think if I'm not mistaken Higuain has scored against every side in Serie A this season

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

I read that he's scored against every club he has faced in Serie A except for Catania.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

:D :D :D :D :D

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Pretty tactical game not any real chances and a little bit of luck with the goal

Milan next week

As Zaza said, Juve's scudetto to :wink: :wink: lose now