Serie A discussion

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Serie A 2013-14

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Tough game to watch against Roma, but got the chocolates and that's all that matters.

shiraz Garcia - every game he plays they should have won. I can remember plenty games we played well and didn't get a result.

Anyway, game on now for 2nd place.

Callejon has been a steal - 10 goals in the league playing out wide. 9 million euro looks a bargain now.

Watched Juve vs Fiorentina - Juve playing in cruise control, what a goal from Asamoah.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Was very crucial to get the win, it pretty much wraps up the Scudetto and should allow for greater focus on the Europa League.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Juventino wrote:Was very crucial to get the win, it pretty much wraps up the Scudetto and should allow for greater focus on the Europa League.
Plenty of points up for grabs yet. Certainly not over.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

BAGGIO 15 wrote:
Juventino wrote:Was very crucial to get the win, it pretty much wraps up the Scudetto and should allow for greater focus on the Europa League.
Plenty of points up for grabs yet. Certainly not over.
Come off it buddy, Juve have lost what... 2 games or something all season (maybe 1) I cant remember - they would need to lose 4 of the last 11 for anyone to have half a chance at stealing it. Highly unlikely. Admit it, all over and deservedly so.

We are 10 points clear of Fiorentina now as well so we can have a real crack at the Europa League as well, will be interesting tomorrow morning.

The Mascherano to Napoli deal is definitely gathering more steam, really hope it happens - Britos, Dzemaili & Pandev look to be out the door at season's end as well Thank shiraz

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Pirrrrrloooooooo (and Buffon!). That is all.

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

Typical junk refereeing in Torino v Napoli, clear foul by Higuain on Glik and as usual, favours the big teams and they score from it.
Toro outplayed Napoli and deserved to get a draw or win.

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

3 goals conceded in last 6 games. thats much better!!

lovely to watch the boys in their traditional blue shirts white shorts

thats what im talking about
FOOTBALL IS A FOREIGN GAME FOR HOOLIGANS & DRUNKEN PSYCHO-FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Russki Claw wrote:Typical junk refereeing in Torino v Napoli, clear foul by Higuain on Glik and as usual, favours the big teams and they score from it.
Toro outplayed Napoli and deserved to get a draw or win.
Whilst I don't disagree with the fact that it looked like there was contact, you can see the pressure starting to get to Ventura (is that 4 in a row now?)

Also what are the chances of Cerci and hopefully Immobile at Napoli next season??

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

Immobile at Napoli is zero chance - Co-owned by Juventus and Cairo has stated he is a required player at Torino. Would say he will be either at Toro or Juve, most likely after going to the envelopes :)

Cerci is an interesting one. Milan are very keen as are Juventus. But also rumored to be a lot of interest from clubs such as Manchester United. In any case, that 5 million or so that Cairo paid for him, will be recouped by plenty should they decide to sell him. He signed a 2 year contract with Toro btw.

Ventura is under pressure, but seriously, Torino have lost a few games this season now from terrible refereeing decisions. Considering the objective at the beginning of the season was survival, they are still doing well and he resigned a new contract recently.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Russki Claw wrote:Immobile at Napoli is zero chance - Co-owned by Juventus and Cairo has stated he is a required player at Torino. Would say he will be either at Toro or Juve, most likely after going to the envelopes :)

Cerci is an interesting one. Milan are very keen as are Juventus. But also rumored to be a lot of interest from clubs such as Manchester United. In any case, that 5 million or so that Cairo paid for him, will be recouped by plenty should they decide to sell him. He signed a 2 year contract with Toro btw.

Ventura is under pressure, but seriously, Torino have lost a few games this season now from terrible refereeing decisions. Considering the objective at the beginning of the season was survival, they are still doing well and he resigned a new contract recently.
I was referring to his outburst at the end of the game.

he is normally a pretty cool cat.

I would love to have Immobile, a boy from Naples to wear the shirt with Insigne next to him.

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

I think he is sick of losing games at the death, happened a few times this year. Or he is sick of terrible decisions going against them enough to make anyone lose their cool. :)

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

terrible result this morning - now very difficult to catch Roma.

Haven't watched the game yet so I will save my comments till after. Had Ghoulam Sent off after 37 minutes so that obviously didnt help.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Ugly win at Catania, but in the middle of a packed schedule it was the only thing that mattered.

In midweek we have Juventus (14 consecutive wins at home) vs Parma (17 matches unbeaten).

David Puddy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by David Puddy »

Juve just keep getting it done. 78 points with 9 games to go. Unreal. 100 could well be on the cards.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

David Puddy wrote:Juve just keep getting it done. 78 points with 9 games to go. Unreal. 100 could well be on the cards.

Napoli have 6 points more than where they were this stage last year - Juve have just been way too good.

David Puddy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by David Puddy »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
David Puddy wrote:Juve just keep getting it done. 78 points with 9 games to go. Unreal. 100 could well be on the cards.

Napoli have 6 points more than where they were this stage last year - Juve have just been way too good.
And if someone told you at the start of the season that Roma would lose 2 games out of 28 and still be 14 points off top then you wouldn't have believed it.

Immobile a chance to return to Juve next year with Berardi? What does everyone think?

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

David Puddy wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote:

And if someone told you at the start of the season that Roma would lose 2 games out of 28 and still be 14 points off top then you wouldn't have believed it.

Immobile a chance to return to Juve next year with Berardi? What does everyone think?
Would look better in his hometown shirt :D

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

That Immobile goal :shock:

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

he looks bloody great in granata, thanks very much.
Cerci or Immobile will go at end of the season, I reckon Cerci is the more likely to be sold.
My bet is Immobile will either be at Torino or Juventus next season. Regardless, Torino have made some great investments in Cerci and Immobile this season and Ventura has certainly bought the best out of both of them, they will double their investment at a minimum.

on today's game, seriously, I am so over Torino conceding last minute goals this season, we really could have been pushing for Europa league without that and cabernet refereeing in so many games.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Win No 15 at home this season, and Parma's run ended. But it was a close one. I can't believe Molinaro of all people scored a bloody volley, and he could have easily finished with a hattrick.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Juventino wrote:Win No 15 at home this season, and Parma's run ended. But it was a close one. I can't believe Molinaro of all people scored a bloody volley, and he could have easily finished with a hattrick.

Even Marchioni played well, Amauri was another story. I felt bad for him getting sent off. Just glad I didn't hear any booing.

We have looked tired in the second half lately.

Now off to Napoli, not as excited as i normally am for this fixture.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Very packed schedule lately and only more to come, so hopefully Barzagli, Ogbonna and Peluso come back soon. That will give more options at the back and out wide.

No Tevez in Naples which is a blow, but he gets a rest ahead of the Europa League. And given the lead we have, we can really start putting eggs in that basket.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Juventino wrote:Very packed schedule lately and only more to come, so hopefully Barzagli, Ogbonna and Peluso come back soon. That will give more options at the back and out wide.

No Tevez in Naples which is a blow, but he gets a rest ahead of the Europa League. And given the lead we have, we can really start putting eggs in that basket.
Did anyone see Henrique's goal this morning for Napoli - candidate for goal of the season.

http://www.calcionapoli24.it/zoom/video ... 70327.html

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Not bad at all.

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

Would have preferred to beat Fiorentina 4-2 and lose to Catania 1-0

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

Inter this morning were hard to watch!

Good result for the Naps

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

When Napoli score we dont lose

Napolis 5 losses this season we have failed to score in al of them.

Both games we lost at home v Parma and Fiorentina they have scored in final minute

Pleasing to have matched Juve and Roma this season head to head

Juve fail to score for first time this season

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

A deserved win no doubt I can only remember Juve fashioning one half chance when Lichsteiner hit a tame left foot effort at Reina.

Buffon simply outstanding in the opening half hour. He single handedly kept them in it, Napoli controlled possession for almost the whole first half. Second half was more even in possession, but what a goal from Mertens. Pogba, Vidal and Pirlo all had poor games by their lofty standards.

Need to push on and keep snapping at Roma's heels but its unlikely we will catch them and have to settle for 3rd and do our best to win the Coppa Italia.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

No complaints, Napoli the better side. Only so much Buffon can do.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Juventino wrote:No complaints, Napoli the better side. Only so much Buffon can do.
Mate I have been reading some negative pieces about him over the past few months - I do not know what people are on about, he is still top three in the world in my opinion with Neuer and maybe Reina based on form, although you could argue for Cech, who really hasnt been the same after the head injury. If Courtois has another season like this and the last he will be up there and only 21-22.

World class save on Hamsik in the first half, almost kept the first goal out, could do nothing on the second. I am surprised Juve played such a strong side, they had nothing to gain really out of the game and should really make sure they win the Europa League now.