Liverpool's Pepe Reina regrets manner of Napoli move

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Liverpool's Pepe Reina regrets manner of Napoli move

Post by Le King »

bit of a dog act by liverpool
but i did hear that rodgers wanted to sell him last season and he expected offers to come in thats why he signed mignolet.
that backfired

WayneO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by WayneO »

Le King wrote:bit of a dog act by liverpool
but i did hear that rodgers wanted to sell him last season and he expected offers to come in thats why he signed mignolet.
that backfired

It happens in every football club, but Reina could of at least been told beforehand that he was not required.
Why so much Hatred in the world?
Make love not war!!

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Reina has had two bad years. He should have seen the writing on the wall, but they also should have told him.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Can see why we let him go, he's long been desiring a move to Barcelona. With that looking like a genuine possibility next season, we made our move first.

Personally I'm a big fan of Mignolet, so I'm very happy with the move. On the downside, Reina is a genuine contender for the best 'keeper Liverpool has had. He was genuinely among the best in the world for a period, and as a character in the locker room, I'm sure he'll be missed. I wish him nothing but the best in the future.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

clemence > reina

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

You can't have it both ways though. Football is more business these days with alot of $$$$$ you can't openly go on that you may return to Barcelona if Valdes leaves and have your father having an input in the media also basically saying what would happen. Barcelona has got a lot of good players using the media this way like "he's coming home." fabregas at the world cup with players joking with player strips & saying where he should be.
So if the deal happened and reina left we are left with Jones...Liverpool got backed into a corner with this threat or scenario and came out with a good keeper and for Reina things backfired for a year. he had to have known the consequences.
I have the up most respect for Reina and his service for Liverpool and wish the departure was different but football is different today and there is very little loyalty anymore from players either so come transfer time comes risk management.
LIVERPOOL FC *****

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

manU4life wrote:clemence > reina
You'll notice I said 'genuine contender'.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Could have been dealt with better...he was a loyal player to the club. All the best to him.

Mignolet is a great signing and we need to think ahead, he's part of the future.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Red-4-Life wrote:Could have been dealt with better...he was a loyal player to the club. All the best to him.

Mignolet is a great signing and we need to think ahead, he's part of the future.

....... whilst sh*tting on ur past!

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

coutinho10 wrote:You can't have it both ways though. Football is more business these days with alot of $$$$$ you can't openly go on that you may return to Barcelona if Valdes leaves and have your father having an input in the media also basically saying what would happen. Barcelona has got a lot of good players using the media this way like "he's coming home." fabregas at the world cup with players joking with player strips & saying where he should be.
So if the deal happened and reina left we are left with Jones...Liverpool got backed into a corner with this threat or scenario and came out with a good keeper and for Reina things backfired for a year. he had to have known the consequences.I have the up most respect for Reina and his service for Liverpool and wish the departure was different but football is different today and there is very little loyalty anymore from players either so come transfer time comes risk management.
Backfired?
He doesn't know how lucky he is :wink:

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

bubu wrote:
Red-4-Life wrote:Could have been dealt with better...he was a loyal player to the club. All the best to him.

Look at you defending a Liverpool player.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
bubu wrote:

Look at you defending a Liverpool player.

ex Pooo player!
8)

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

bubu wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote: Look at you defending a Liverpool player.

ex Pooo player!
8)
Nope, still contracted to Liverpool. We're letting your mob borrow him for a season, that's how desperate you are.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
bubu wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote: Look at you defending a Liverpool player.

ex Pooo player!
8)
Nope, still contracted to Liverpool. We're letting your mob borrow him for a season, that's how desperate you are.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Benitez wanted Reina, and once Valdez retires, he will be gone to Barcelona!
Once Rafael develops and learns the vigors of Sere A football, he will be the starting keeper next year!

so desperation, I think not!
Andy Carroll was a great and intelligent deal for u!
:lol:

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

You're borrowing our player with no chance of making it permanent. I'd say that's pretty desperate.

But since we're throwing out random players, how did Veron go for United?

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:You're borrowing our player with no chance of making it permanent. I'd say that's pretty desperate.

Actually why is it desperate - it works for everyone - we only pay 1/2 his wages, get a good experienced keeper for a season which we would be well aware of by which time the other young lad will be ready for us and you will then have to sell Reina for probably a 1/4 of what you paid.

Good business on Napoli's part if you ask me, explain how its desperate?

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:You're borrowing our player with no chance of making it permanent. I'd say that's pretty desperate.

Actually why is it desperate - it works for everyone - we only pay 1/2 his wages, get a good experienced keeper for a season which we would be well aware of by which time the other young lad will be ready for us and you will then have to sell Reina for probably a 1/4 of what you paid.

The only flaw in your plan is that Reina isn't that good anymore. We'll see i guess.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:

How much do you think we paid for Reina? :lol:

Any loan in which the club has absolutely no chance of getting the player permanently is pretty sad tbh. Deulofeu to Everton for instance.

Green Warrior
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Green Warrior »

Man Utd have won six premier league titles between now and when they signed Veron. How many Liverpool won in that time? You are a turkey champ. Liverpool are sooo sad these days.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote:

Any loan in which the club has absolutely no chance of getting the player permanently is pretty sad tbh. Deulofeu to Everton for instance.
Why is there no chance of signing him permanently?
If he has a good season would he return to a reserve GK role at Liverpool?
If he has a bad season, no problem. Napoli have a good young keeper in waiting, so blood him, send Reina back & Liverpool can continue to pay his way.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Green Warrior wrote:

Man Utd have won six premier league titles between now and when they signed Veron. How many Liverpool won in that time? You are a turkey champ. Liverpool are sooo sad these days.

Andy carroll was a great buy!

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

bubu wrote:
Green Warrior wrote:

For my mob it was a QUALITY sale!!

We even threw in a nose bag as a bonus, we felt kinda bad taking that much from them.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote:

One site said 6mill pounds, another says 9.8 mill Euro.

But, when he leaves on a Bosman, you'll get nothing.

However, I don't think that's relevant. You got 8 years out of him. Whichever price, it's good value for money (other than wages, of course).

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Green Warrior wrote:

What has that got to do with this? The 'tard threw out a completely off topic flop of ours, so I did the same. See if you're all still United supporters once the fall from grace has come. :)
bubu wrote:

Gonna let him answer for you 'tard?

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

getborn wrote:Why is there no chance of signing him permanently?
If he has a bad season, no problem. Napoli have a good young keeper in waiting, so blood him, send Reina back & Liverpool can continue to pay his way.
Because you're keeping him match fit for Barcelona.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

PDog wrote:
bubu wrote:
Green Warrior wrote:

Man Utd have won six premier league titles between now and

when they signed Veron. How many Liverpool won in that time? You are a turkey champ. Liverpool are sooo sad these days.

For my mob it was a QUALITY sale!!

We even threw in a nose bag as a bonus, we felt kinda bad taking that much from them.

very wise sale, top marks to ur club!

scousers...
:lol:

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
Who is Barca's number 1 with Valdes going?

If they wanted Reina & Reina wanted them why is he at Napoli?

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

getborn wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:

For 2013/14, Valdes is #1. No point Reina moving there.
In 2014/15 when Valdes is gone, then Reina can move to Barca on a Bosman, and be the #1.

I thought that was pretty simple to work out.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

getborn wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:

Because Valdes is seeing out his contract. There's no point in them having Valdes & Reina, just as there was no point in us having Mignolet & Reina. Didn't think that would need explaining...

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
getborn wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:Why is there no chance of signing him permanently?

Because Valdes is seeing out his contract. There's no point in them having Valdes & Reina, just as there was no point in us having Mignolet & Reina. Didn't think that would need explaining...
It doesnt.
I was under the impression Valdes had played his last match for Barca.

For your sake hopefully Mignolet can stay fit.