Liverpool 2013/14

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Liverpool 2013/14

Post by Bomber »

Most wanted overseas team. Famous, most passionate and still most popular despite lack of recent big successes. That says something in itself. Bravo Liverpool and their supporters!
Ignore this signature

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Liverpool 2013/14

Post by Con M »

Bomber wrote:Most wanted overseas team. Famous, most passionate and still most popular despite lack of recent big successes. That says something in itself. Bravo Liverpool and their supporters!
Gots to tip ya hat to them. TV ratings for 7mate(Ch 73) must have gone through the roof, what with no competition from AFL, NRL or Ashes cricket last night.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Skrtel could be joining Reina at Napoli on loan.

Not sure how much truth there is to it but talks of loaning Sterling as well and selling Spearing.

Looks as if Papadopoulos will be on his way to Anfield as well, good signing.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Spearing already gone (sold) was the word some time ago yeah.....?
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Chaos wrote:Spearing already gone (sold) was the word some time ago yeah.....?
If only. Seems like he's on his way to Blackburn. All the best.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

He just toured with Liverpool, not sure why as he probably will be sold. Looks like Blackburn or maybe Bolton. Skrtel looks like hes gone on loan, and it looks like Papadopoulos may be on his way

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Brendan Rodgers on Arsenal's £40,000,001 bid: "I was surprised at the bid. I always associated them as a club with class but we'll move on."

Really like that from Rodgers.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:Brendan Rodgers on Arsenal's £40,000,001 bid: "I was surprised at the bid. I always associated them as a club with class but we'll move on."

love it, not gonna take any crap from anyone. I feel out squad is looking it's best for quite some time now. Lets see what happens though

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:Brendan Rodgers on Arsenal's £40,000,001 bid: "I was surprised at the bid. I always associated them as a club with class but we'll move on."

Yeah, why would Arsenal want to buy a classless player.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Bacon888 wrote:

Yeah, why would Arsenal want to buy a classless player.
:lol:

You'd have to ask them. I think they'd respond with something along the lines of him being a class above anyone in the Arsenal squad, Wilshere aside.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Until Liverpool buy another CB, i refuse to believe they'll do that well this season.

Rodgers has done the right thing with the front half, but the back line still needs some work for sure.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Kolo Toure ain't good enough? :lol:
Feel Good Inc.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Litmanen wrote:Until Liverpool buy another CB, i refuse to believe they'll do that well this season.

Rodgers has done the right thing with the front half, but the back line still needs some work for sure.
Hopefully we can land Papadopoulos to fix that.

Toure is an alright pick up but I think we need a CB who is coming through the ranks, and is not towards the later stages of their career. Skrtel looks set to go on loan so I would say another signing isn't far off

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Litmanen wrote:Until Liverpool buy another CB, i refuse to believe they'll do that well this season.

If we get Papadopoulus (I've still got my heart set on him) & another left back to challenge Enrique, we're sorted in defence.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Phew!

Some nice passages of football though. 8)

New keeper looking the goods. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Happy to get a win first up, been a while since that has happened! Mignolet the opening day hero. Should have been a bigger win but 3 points is 3 points.

The squad is starting to look more settled and is probably the strongest squad for a few years. If Suarez stays and screws his head on and a couple more signings are made (left wing, couple defenders) I think Liverpool can really push for a top 4 finish.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Thought kolo was good yesterday although it was only stole. I would like to see a new cb come in anyways. Someone younger who is ready to go.
I love coutinho.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

totsreds08 wrote:Thought kolo was good yesterday although it was only stole. I would like to see a new cb come in anyways. Someone younger who is ready to go.
I love coutinho.
Yeah Kolo is a good short term signing but we need a younger CB we can have for the long run. Papadopoulos would be ideal in this case

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Rumours of Sakho, him or Papa would be brilliant.

paokara
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by paokara »

They land Willian and they won't have to worry about scoring goals that's for sure, front line will be second to none. As mentioned Papa or Sakho would go a long way to staking a claim for that top 4. Can't believe what I'm typing.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Paokara wrote:They land Willian and they won't have to worry about scoring goals that's for sure, front line will be second to none. As mentioned Papa or Sakho would go a long way to staking a claim for that top 4. Can't believe what I'm typing.
In Brendan we trust :wink:

I really don't know much about Willian, but by all accounts he's quality.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Patience is key. Rodgers could only do last year with what he was given. Now that he has more of a say, it's looking better already but that said, it's a long season ahead. Gotta knock off Villa this week

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:In Brendan we trust :wink:

I'm sure he will be......
Daily Telegraph wrote:The two clubs have agreed a £30m deal with the Brazilian in London currently undergoing a medical. Though the deal is not fully complete and there is a small possibility he could still opt for Liverpool, Spurs look increasingly likely to make their fifth summer signing.

Liverpool were originally thought to be favourites to sign Willian, but Spurs decided to revisit their interest in the former Shakhtar Donestk player. Andre Villas-Boas had attempted to sign Willian in January, with chairman Daniel Levy travelling to Ukraine to speak to negotiate a deal with Shaktar, but the player moved to Russian club Anzhi instead.
........ at White Hart Lane :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Daily Telegraph wrote:The two clubs have agreed a £30m deal with the Brazilian in London currently undergoing a medical. Though the deal is not fully complete and there is a small possibility he could still opt for Liverpool, Spurs look increasingly likely to make their fifth summer signing.

Liverpool were originally thought to be favourites to sign Willian, but Spurs decided to revisit their interest in the former Shakhtar Donestk player. Andre Villas-Boas had attempted to sign Willian in January, with chairman Daniel Levy travelling to Ukraine to speak to negotiate a deal with Shaktar, but the player moved to Russian club Anzhi instead.
Eh, we'll live. I've never been this relaxed about everything transfer related tbh. I've got full confidence in Rodgers sorting us out, one way or another.

Getting Rusty
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Getting Rusty »

Red-4-Life wrote:If Suarez stays and screws his head on
Liverpool shirt or no Liverpool shirt the guy is a bell end.
No country who has never qualified for the world cup should be allowed to host it at the expense of one who has.
Sod Japan, sod Qatar, sod Blatter and his cronies!

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Getting Rusty wrote:
Red-4-Life wrote:If Suarez stays and screws his head on
Liverpool shirt or no Liverpool shirt the guy is a bell end.
Agreed. Couldn't care less if he left tomorrow.

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Kings Jesta »

Interest renewed in Arda Turan (was a target 2 years ago). Good player, and not a bad option if (as it looks likely) we miss out on Willian.
Always been a big fan of Sakho, can play left back or CB, would be a great signing, as would Papa. Could always save a few more quid and splash out on Hummels if we can raise the coin (obviously need UCL for him though).
Welcome to new boy Aly Cissoko, good strong, pacey left back. Very good competition to José.

If we can get 50m pound for Suarez then let him go. Coutinho behind Sturridge will work just fine, so long as we have the proper wingers in place.
If Cabaye leaves the Toon then we should make a move for Ben Arfa as he won't want to stick around at a club selling one of the players who kept them up last year.
Then a cheeky bid for Benteke to finish it all off :wink:

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Don't really rate Cissokho. Enrique is still our best option for LB.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Guess again. Chelsea with a last minute bid :lol:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

totsreds08 wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Guess again. Chelsea with a last minute bid :lol:
:lol: Nothing would surprise me, it's distinctly possible that he was always going to Chelsea, that's the fun of the transfer window. Not sure if he'd be first pick at the Chavs though, despite them playing CL. In twelve days we'll know for sure where everyone ends up.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower