Massive Ban For Nedved

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Massive Ban For Nedved

Post by Juventino »

Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved has been handed a massive five match ban following his red card in Friday's volatile Serie B clash against Genoa.

The game ended in a frustrating 1-1 draw for Juventus, with Nedved's 71st minute opener was cancelled out just three minutes later.

The Czech saw a straight red in the dying minutes, being adjudged to have deliberately stamped on an opponent. He subsequently bad-mouthed the referee, and stamped on him as well in a fit of rage.

His efforts have now been rewarded with a five match ban, something that is certain to hit Juventus hard.

The Turin giants are currently second in Serie B behind Napoli, level on points with Bologna, whom they meet on December 19 in a crunch clash.

What a bloody idiot.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

For a player that always seemed so placid, he has a tendency to blow a gasket every now and then.

It would be interesting to see ho many times he has been sent off for Juve - the one act of stupidity I remember was the foul on McManaman in the CL semi in 2003 that saw him miss the final vs Milan.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

he stamped on the ref? gold Pav! loose cannon alright!
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Bad mouthing the ref is going to far...but stamping on him? Absolute stupidity.

Pinturicchio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pinturicchio »

pretty sure he stamped on the opponant, had he stamped on the reff guarenteed more than 5 games

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

Was the ref on the ground or something? Otherwise how the hell did he stamp on him.. little bit crazy

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

*Del*Piero* wrote:pretty sure he stamped on the opponant, had he stamped on the reff guarenteed more than 5 games
He did both.

The Czech saw a straight red in the dying minutes, being adjudged to have deliberately stamped on an opponent. He subsequently bad-mouthed the referee, and stamped on him as well in a fit of rage.

Torcida
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Torcida »

hahahahahahaha. funniest cabernet i heard. must of stamped on his foot i guess. ne one got a video of it?

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

I watched the game and he went off at the ref because Pavel had copped it all game, but footage doesn't show him stamping on the ref. The ref looks down, but does not show any pain and doesn't pull away, not what I'd expect from someone being stamped on. The ref was terrible in this match and he's a serie A ref . He simply lost control of the game, but Pavel not being an angel showed the frustration had got to him. We'll miss him.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

nedved looking for a way out of serie b? :lol:

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Furious Nedved issues threat

Juventus ace Pavel Nedved is fuming over his five-match ban. “If this is the policy, I will retire,â€￾ he stated.

The Czech midfielder received the massive ban for his dismissal against Genoa in Friday night’s 1-1 draw, when he was adjudged to have intentionally stepped on the foot of the referee after his red card.

“Zinedine Zidane was suspended for three matches for a head-butt, what did I do to get five?,â€￾ said the player to his agent Mino Raiola.

“If this is the way they intend to manage things, I might as well retire from football,â€￾ added the player, who was asked by Juve to avoid releasing any statements on the issue as the Bianconeri are appealing.

“Pavel told me that he cannot agree with the decision and that [referee] Farina is a liar, he never offended him and he did not stamp on him voluntarily,â€￾ explained Raiola to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Many clubs have complained about this referee, including Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter and Milan.

“Pavel is convinced that the team is paying for what happened during the summer, but that was not the players’ fault,â€￾ added the representative.

“If this is how things will continue, they should have killed the club or given them a 40-point deduction.

“Pavel also wants Juve to know that he does not agree with their attitude. The club must react and demand respect.

“If this does not change he is ready to consider quitting. Punishments must be proportional to blame, in this case there is no proportion.

“I am thinking of appealing to the European Court of Human Rights. A five-match ban means that Nedved will not be able to play for a month and a half and you cannot deny a citizen the right to work for such a long time.

“They might as well rescind his contract…â€￾ ended Raiola.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Juventus have decided to appeal against the five-match ban handed to Pavel Nedved by the disciplinary commission on Tuesday.

“Nedved has been suspended for five championship games following his sending off in Genoa last Friday, December 1,â€￾ read an official note on the club’s website.

“Juventus consider the punishment to be excessive and will therefore lodge an appeal with the relevant sporting authorities,â€￾ concluded the statement.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Nedved sure is pissed off.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Farina confirms Nedved insults Wednesday 6 December, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Referee Stefano Farina has given his side of the story after Pavel Nedved called him a “liarâ€￾ for prompting a five-match ban.

The Juventus midfielder was shown a straight red card at the end of last Friday’s 1-1 draw at Genoa for stamping Francesco Bega’s ankle. Farina’s report later stated that Nedved had trodden on his foot and insulted the official.

“I will not take it back because I confirm everything I said,â€￾ insisted Farina. “I repeat what I wrote in my report. I only pointed out faithfully what happened on the field of play.â€￾

Nedved was handed a five-match ban for the incident, but maintains his innocence and has even threatened to retire if the suspension is confirmed.

“When it comes to the punishment meted out by the Disciplinary Commission, it’s not up to me to pass judgment or make comments. The referees are under an unacceptable attack from the mass media. We won’t stand to become once again the scapegoats for the problems in Italian football.â€￾

Juventus also suggested that the straight red card for Nedved’s foul was harsh, but Genoa man Bega certainly didn’t see it that way.

“Nedved’s challenge was a dangerous one and intentional,â€￾ he told Odeon TV. “I don’t understand why he won’t admit it. He would’ve helped himself and everyone else if he had come forward. Everyone can make mistakes, but the important thing is to own up to them and learn.â€￾

The 1-1 draw at Marassi was very tense in the final stages and a scuffle broke out between players after that foul.

“If you look at the television images carefully, you’ll see that Nedved came back when I was still on the ground and kicked me again. There were people pulling my hair, as if I was acting, but I’ve got a swollen ankle and can’t play.

“Farina had a great refereeing performance and judged all the incidents in the same way. It’s not right for Juve to complain about this match

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Juve backing Nedved

Juventus have given their backing to Pavel Nedved after he was handed a five-match ban by the disciplinary commission.

The Czech player was found guilty of offending referee Stefano Farina and voluntarily stepping on his foot after being sent off for stamping on Genoa’s Francesco Bega last Friday.

Juventus decided to lodge an appeal, but Nedved threatened to quit football as he felt the club was not reacting appropriately against what he believed was an unfair decision.

“Pavel must remain calm, because we will not abandon him,â€￾ President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli told Tuttosport.

“He is a key player for us, he is the second one who decided to stay with us after the summer demotion and is the real driving force of the team.

“Of course we cannot deny the foul on Bega, the red card was inevitable, but a five-match ban is excessive.

“We know that Nedved is fiery on the pitch, but I cannot believe that he voluntarily stepped on the referee,â€￾ concluded the Bianconeri chief.

Director general Jean-Claude Blanc met the Juve squad on Wednesday, reassuring them that the club will always defend them.

“The players need to focus on playing and winning, and should avoid complaining to referees, because we are under the spotlight,â€￾ said Blanc.

“Some behaviour is counterproductive, so we need to remain calm and not worry. We will always defend and protect our players in every possible way.â€￾

Captain Alex Del Piero, who has fully recovered from his injury and should be available for Saturday’s match with Verona, has also told Nedved to remain calm in this difficult moment.

“Nedved doesn’t need me to tell him what to do, so I can only say that sometimes anger does not give good advice,â€￾ declared the world champion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

hes lucky its not more i reckon
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

vigilante
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vigilante »

juventus appealing the decision will probably result in the ban being revoked, the genoa player being suspended and juventus being rewarded with 3pts instead of the 1 for the draw
Boia chi Molla

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

He simply didn't step on the ref intentioaly as claimed. Watch the replay. 2 games is plenty.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

punishments getting reduced for juve

nothing has changed :D