England draw in Brazil's Maracana stadium

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: England draw in Brazil's Maracana stadium

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:
What was the score at half time again?
We were losing, how long does a game last? Was it a friendly?
We all know it was a friendly......BUT it was England v Australia!!
Ignore this signature

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Actually GMAE, Bomber et Postie have got some good points.

I recall reports of Becks and other senior players pleading with the Swede to let them stay on for the 2nd half to make amends. They WERE embarrassed and wanted to make amends.

The Swedish man who skirt-chased the Engerland F.A. office staff decided otherwise, but as Bomber alluded to, the second 11 were also capable and threw everything at us to equalise.

And that second-eleven was drawn from massive professional numbers from that part of Britain called England - current population 53 million out of the total British population of 63 million
(conquered 'nation'/provinces of Scotland 5.3 million, Wales 3.1 million & Northern Ireland 1.8 million).

Compare that to lil' ol' OZ with a 23-million population and whose playing stocks are divided between FOUR codes of football here.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Congratulations you won a friendly. Anyone with half a footballing brain knows they mean f%ck all. However i understand most small minded Aussie football fans will continue to enjoy that win and why not.

Good luck against Japan tonight, lets see if you get excited about something that actually means something.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Con M wrote:Actually GMAE, Bomber et Postie have got some good points.

I recall reports of Becks and other senior players pleading with the Swede to let them stay on for the 2nd half to make amends. They WERE embarrassed and wanted to make amends.

The Swedish man who skirt-chased the Engerland F.A. office staff decided otherwise, but as Bomber alluded to, the second 11 were also capable and threw everything at us to equalise.

And that second-eleven was drawn from massive professional numbers from that part of Britain called England - current population 53 million out of the total British population of 63 million
(conquered 'nation'/provinces of Scotland 5.3 million, Wales 3.1 million & Northern Ireland 1.8 million).

Compare that to lil' ol' OZ with a 23-million population and whose playing stocks are divided between FOUR codes of football here.
Sadly Con only about 30% of EPL players are able to play for England, which is well short of the figures in Italy, Spain and Germany. Hence lack of depth is causing major head aches for successive English National Team Managers.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Ian_Wright wrote:Congratulations you won a friendly. Anyone with half a footballing brain knows they mean f%ck all. However i understand most small minded Aussie football fans will continue to enjoy that win and why not.

Good luck against Japan tonight, lets see if you get excited about something that actually means something.
Hope you realise how bitter you sound. :lol:
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
Ian_Wright wrote:Congratulations you won a friendly. Anyone with half a footballing brain knows they mean f%ck all. However i understand most small minded Aussie football fans will continue to enjoy that win and why not.

Maybe he just realised they got pumped by the Kiwis in the one day cricket series. I guess that didnt mean anything either. :lol:
Ignore this signature

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:

Im not bitter i find it hilarious. #plasticsupporters

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Bomber wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:

Maybe he just realised they got pumped by the Kiwis in the one day cricket series. I guess that didnt mean anything either. :lol:

As for you Bomber, the fact you have an AFL badge as your pic completely sums you up :clown:

Stick to what you know.

One last thing........dont get me started on the cricket.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

ozzie owl wrote: Sadly Con only about 30% of EPL players are able to play for England, which is well short of the figures in Italy, Spain and Germany. Hence lack of depth is causing major head aches for successive English National Team Managers.
RUBBISH, well under 30% of the players in spain are English.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Ian Wrights be mad.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

:lol:

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

ozzie owl wrote: Sadly Con only about 30% of EPL players are able to play for England, which is well short of the figures in Italy, Spain and Germany. Hence lack of depth is causing major head aches for successive English National Team Managers.

Fact of the big four European leagues ( EPL,Spain,Germany ,Italy), the EPL has the lowest number of domestic players.

Young English talent is rarely given the chance. The current under 21 England squad has only Henderson and Rose who started regularly for an EPL sides. While Caulker and Shelvey were fringe players. Sadly the high price of success and failure means that EPL sides would rather sign mature imports than gamble on young local players.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:

Fact of the big four European leagues ( EPL,Spain,Germany ,Italy), the EPL has the lowest number of domestic players.

Young English talent is rarely given the chance. The current under 21 England squad has only Henderson and Rose who started regularly for an EPL sides. While Caulker and Shelvey were fringe players. Sadly the high price of success and failure means that EPL sides would rather sign mature imports than gamble on young local players.
how many Englishmen are playing in italy, spain and germany then? Good to hear it's over 30%..

One of the few things we agree on is limiting the foreigners playing in England. 2 per team is plenty.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

I would love to see a limit of three overseas per game introduced by FIFA , sadly Euro labour laws won't allow it.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:I would love to see a limit of three overseas per game introduced by FIFA , sadly Euro labour laws won't allow it.

Tories holding a referendum

UKIP going from strength to strength.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Brian the Postman wrote:
So you are telling me there is no pride in your national shirt?
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Brian the Postman wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:
So you are telling me there is no pride in your national shirt?

I've been saying that about our players for years and many times on here.

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

when people bring up the Australia game your like oh it was a friendly means nothing but a couple posts ago your like 2-2 in brazil friendly or no friendly ill take that any time. ?????
I speak nothing but the truth

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The one and only wrote:when people bring up the Australia game your like oh it was a friendly means nothing but a couple posts ago your like 2-2 in brazil friendly or no friendly ill take that any time. ?????

of course you'll take it but I also said it was JUST a friendly.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Ian_Wright wrote:

As for you Bomber, the fact you have an AFL badge as your pic completely sums you up :clown:

Stick to what you know.

One last thing........dont get me started on the cricket.
Personal insults the best you got? I gave you more creedence than that. I was obviously wrong about you. An avatar is just that, by the way, just a symbol. I notice in your signature you have a picture that is how old again???
Ignore this signature

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Come on Bomber dont be like that :wink:

Anyway, my amazing Ian Wright picture is a fond memory and he's my favourite player, i will never change it (mainly because i cant be bothered)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Ian_Wright wrote:Come on Bomber dont be like that :wink:

Anyway, my amazing Ian Wright picture is a fond memory and he's my favourite player, i will never change it (mainly because i cant be bothered)

Can't you change it to the picture of him being hit by an imaginary coin?

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

I cant seem to find one......

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Ian_Wright wrote:I cant seem to find one......

must be like the coint then, no one ever found that either.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Ian_Wright wrote:Come on Bomber dont be like that :wink:

Yet, Liverpool supporters are often accused of living in the past. Kenny Dalglish was my favourite. :wink:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

susannary wrote:I do not believe that we have found or even approached perfection. That is not necessarily in the scheme of human events.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buy Runescape Gold||Diablo 3 Gold||Runescape Gold
Clearly you've never met me