Bye Bye Gareth

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Bye Bye Gareth

Post by haywood djablowme »

Will Man United sign the EPL player of the year 2 years on the trot?
Which Spainish club will he choose Barca or Madrid or will he join the Bayern giants?

Who ever he chooses good luck to him, he is too good a player to be playing Europa League :D
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Bye Bye Gareth

Post by Derek »

:lol:

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

haywood djablowme wrote:Will Man United sign the EPL player of the year 2 years on the trot?
Which Spainish club will he choose Barca or Madrid or will he join the Bayern giants?

Who ever he chooses good luck to him, he is too good a player to be playing Europa League :D
Real Madrid?

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Happy St Totteringhams day guys
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:Will Man United sign the EPL player of the year 2 years on the trot?

You're only in the qualifiers don't forget. I'll remember this post if the Arsenal get beaten by Young Boys, although that would probably keep Wenger happy :lol:

If Bale goes, and I wouldn't blame him for looking, it depends on someone meeting Spurs' valuation. In our favour, he's still young and has plenty of time to move on, it's not like RvP who grew old at a cabernet club, whilst winning shiraz all. :wink:
Last edited by Nice One Cyril on Mon May 20, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

I reckon he'll sign the new contract and stay for another season. Lets face it, Levy is gonna want BIG money for the lad and can bargain hard because Bale seems to be happy and isn't itching to move.

Gotta make progress next year though or he'll be a gone

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Jimbob wrote:I reckon he'll sign the new contract and stay for another season. Lets face it, Levy is gonna want BIG money for the lad and can bargain hard because Bale seems to be happy and isn't itching to move.

Maybe we'll sign Wayne Rooney :wink:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Jimbob wrote:I reckon he'll sign the new contract and stay for another season. Lets face it, Levy is gonna want BIG money for the lad and can bargain hard because Bale seems to be happy and isn't itching to move.

That's just a ridiculous comment, Wayne Rooney is used to winning things so why on earth would he ever entertain the thought of going to Spurs apart from charity?

Another year of Spurs flattering to deceive and not actually getting anywhere or winning anything.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Old Redback wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

That's just a ridiculous comment, Wayne Rooney is used to winning things so why on earth would he ever entertain the thought of going to Spurs apart from charity?

Another year of Spurs flattering to deceive and not actually getting anywhere or winning anything.
Well our hands will be free to help the Goons carry their haul of trophies back to the New Library. Oh, wait ......... :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

You're only in the qualifiers don't forget. I'll remember this post if the Arsenal get beaten by Young Boys, although that would probably keep Wenger happy :lol:

If Bale goes, and I wouldn't blame him for looking, it depends on someone meeting Spurs' valuation. In our favour, he's still young and has plenty of time to move on, it's not like RvP who grew old at a cabernet club, whilst winning shiraz all. :wink:

Yet again the chokers known as spurs fail to qualify, and the Arsenal now make it 18 season of finishing above the jew boys. We may only be in the qualifiers but damm we have a good record in them as well. Cry in your white hart lane sludge pitt and dont forget for a fleeting minute at the game the dumb jew boys thought they had it in the bag because of a bogus twitter, get on mail sports and watch them celebrate a mythical result only to cry a minute later. Typical spurs shite yet again....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

legga wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Yet again the chokers known as spurs fail to qualify, and the Arsenal now make it 18 season of finishing above the jew boys. We may only be in the qualifiers but damm we have a good record in them as well. Cry in your white hart lane sludge pitt and dont forget for a fleeting minute at the game the dumb jew boys thought they had it in the bag because of a bogus twitter, get on mail sports and watch them celebrate a mythical result only to cry a minute later. Typical spurs shite yet again....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
South London class right there :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

I heard that Arsenal will hold on open-top bus parade around London tomorrow, to celebrate achieving 4th spot

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

gareth_bale wrote:I heard that Arsenal will hold on open-top bus parade around London tomorrow, to celebrate achieving 4th spot
You really are as stupid as you look on TV.
3 > 4 > 5
Time for some righteous indignation

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

So bitter. Arsenal's last 3rd of the season was amazing, 26 from 30 possible points. We have atleast 70 million pounds to spend this summer and Wenger is actually going to spend it. Yesterday was massive for us and a potential turning point. Tottenham fans can laugh all they want about us not winning any trophies for so long but we are heading in the right direction.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Ian_Wright wrote:So bitter. Arsenal's last 3rd of the season was amazing, 26 from 30 possible points. We have atleast 70 million pounds to spend this summer and Wenger is actually going to spend it. Yesterday was massive for us and a potential turning point. Tottenham fans can laugh all they want about us not winning any trophies for so long but we are heading in the right direction.

Honestly, Arsene has to spend it this year. I don't think you guys can get away with what you did this season if you don't, especially with Spurs ( as much as you hate to hear it), investing as they have been, and Chelsea gearing up for a few new players too.

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Ian_Wright wrote:So bitter. Arsenal's last 3rd of the season was amazing, 26 from 30 possible points. We have atleast 70 million pounds to spend this summer and Wenger is actually going to spend it. Yesterday was massive for us and a potential turning point. Tottenham fans can laugh all they want about us not winning any trophies for so long but we are heading in the right direction.
I can see next season going like your last 2.

Sign a few French players. Start off poorly. Wenger under pressure. Recover towards end of season. Scrape into CL spots. Wenger forgiven and keeps his job.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Litmanen wrote:

Honestly, Arsene has to spend it this year. I don't think you guys can get away with what you did this season if you don't, especially with Spurs ( as much as you hate to hear it), investing as they have been, and Chelsea gearing up for a few new players too.
Who have spurs invested in to get the same result as last year, no champions league. Other than off loading modric doesnt look much better than last years squad. Will players want to sign up for a team that cant guarantee them champions league football every year....mmmm maybe not. The gaffer has plenty of coin to spend this year at Arsenal, new pay structures coming in. So needs to spend wisely, maybe Mr Bale would like to do a Sol Campbell and wander over to a team that gets to play champions league on a regular basis, but then again who needs a diving cheating tool. Maybe he is off to liverpool then..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Litmanen wrote:

He certainly does. I predict Chelsea will be major contenders this year with the money they plan to spend and more than likely will have "The Special one" back at the Bridge.

As for Gareth Bales comments......I disagree. I think Wenger will get some big names this year and i think he can smell blood now that Ferguson has quit and so will the other managers of the top teams.

Bring on next season already!!

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

Ian_Wright wrote:
Litmanen wrote:

He certainly does. I predict Chelsea will be major contenders this year with the money they plan to spend and more than likely will have "The Special one" back at the Bridge.

As for Gareth Bales comments......I disagree. I think Wenger will get some big names this year and i think he can smell blood now that Ferguson has quit and so will the other managers of the top teams.

Bring on next season already!!
I wouldn't be too sure about Wenger bringing in the very best players. Yes, he's probably got money to spend but the very best players in the world aren't necessarily going to want to join a club that essentially doesn't challenge for trophies or pay the best wages. I think the best you guys can hope for is him getting hold of another Carzola and possibly unearthing a couple of rough diamonds.

Wenger has got money but I still think he's too cautious with it. I can't imagine him doing what Fergie did last year with RVP for instance.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

gareth_bale wrote:

Sign a few French players. Start off poorly. Wenger under pressure. Recover towards end of season. Scrape into CL spots. Wenger forgiven and keeps his job.
....and still finish in front of Spurs probably.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Old Redback wrote:
gareth_bale wrote:

....and still finish in front of Spurs probably.
....and still win zippedy doo probably. :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

legga wrote:
Litmanen wrote:

Who have spurs invested in to get the same result as last year, no champions league. Other than off loading modric doesnt look much better than last years squad. Will players want to sign up for a team that cant guarantee them champions league football every year....mmmm maybe not. The gaffer has plenty of coin to spend this year at Arsenal, new pay structures coming in. So needs to spend wisely, maybe Mr Bale would like to do a Sol Campbell and wander over to a team that gets to play champions league on a regular basis, but then again who needs a diving cheating tool. Maybe he is off to liverpool then..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spurs finished 4th last year, thus, actually a backwards step this year.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

legga wrote:
Litmanen wrote:

Vertonghen, Lloris, Dembele would be the three i'd suggest in the first instance. Then you have Gylfi and Dempsey who are great squad players too, remember that they lost Kaboul all year and he was excellent. Adebayor is a stop gap, and i think they need to sign another striker, but even without an outstanding striker they've done well this season ( of course playing around Bale helps).

Bale carried Spurs as much as Drogba carried Chelsea, as much as RVP carried United, Messi to Barca etc.
The players that are central to the plans of the team are always the one's that "carry" the results, and on a personal note i think AVB is quite a good manager, the players have changed a bit, but in reality he's got them playing better football then `Arry ever did in my book.

Denchkid
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Denchkid »

In an interview with Sky Sports he stated: "If i leave Tottenham, i want to stay in England."

If United sign Bale, we would have signed Arsenal and Tottenham. lol

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

MUFC_20 wrote:In an interview with Sky Sports he stated: "If i leave Tottenham, i want to stay in England."

Then all you'd need to do is sign Malouda.

Please.

Tin Soldier
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Tin Soldier »

Yet again the chokers known as spurs fail to qualify, and the Arsenal now make it 18 season of finishing above the jew boys. We may only be in the qualifiers but damm we have a good record in them as well. Cry in your white hart lane sludge pitt and dont forget for a fleeting minute at the game the dumb jew boys thought they had it in the bag because of a bogus twitter, get on mail sports and watch them celebrate a mythical result only to cry a minute later. Typical spurs shite yet again....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tin Soldier
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Tin Soldier »

Cant see him playing in Spain. Germany would be a great move for him, if a club were to make an offer. He would fit in well in Bayern or Dortmund, suits his fast direct style. I just have a feeling PSG could chase him up. If these clubs are after him Spurs are well and truly shiraz

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Gareth Bale signs £130,000-a-week contract with Spurs ... but can leave for £50m next summer
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 23742.html

Good news for Spurs. Can't see him leaving EPL personally. Even though it would be great for their national sides if a few british players did.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Litmanen wrote:
MUFC_20 wrote:In an interview with Sky Sports he stated: "If i leave Tottenham, i want to stay in England."

Then all you'd need to do is sign Malouda.

Please.
:lol: