Wayne Rooney hands in transfer request

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Tin Soldier
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Wayne Rooney hands in transfer request

Post by Tin Soldier »

As a Man U fan there is IMO a bit of a difference between Rooney and Lamps. Lamps is to Chelsea what Giggs is to Man U. With Rooney's contract issues of before its fairly clear that he isn't a Red Devil to the core. But as we have seen many times at Man U with Beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Cristiano Ronaldo, etc. superstars can be replaced and growing too attached to a player can cloud judgment towards the team as a whole. Sure its sad to see people who have been great players leave but if its not working for all involved changes need to be made.[/quote]

I have to hand to Man U for that. Every time a big player goes they do manage to fill the void

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

This thread is the reason why I never get a players name on the back of my shirt.

How is lampard like giggs? Giggs is a one club man and I don't think lampard's ever shagged his brother's wife.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

God is an Englishman wrote:This thread is the reason why I never get a players name on the back of my shirt.

How is lampard like giggs? Giggs is a one club man and I don't think lampard's ever shagged his brother's wife.
Wasn't Giggs a City junior?
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Brian the Postman wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:This thread is the reason why I never get a players name on the back of my shirt.

Wasn't Giggs a City junior?

I'll rephrase to a one club man as a proffessional.

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

Litmanen wrote:
MUFC_20 wrote:2nd time Rooney wants to leave, why? you get paid a ton of money, playing for the biggest club in England. PSG is just money and boring French league. Chelsea rumoured to go for him as well, that wouldn't go down well considering we stood by him when he wanted to leave in the first place. If he leaves for a big top 5 side in the EPL, then it'll be like RvP moving to United, the amount of hate will be huge.

If Rooney leaves, then im 100% sure we'll get another quality striker. Falcao rumoured (but City and Monaco ahead of us), Lewandowski rumoured (Bayern ahead of us) or even the slight chance of CR7 coming back, which would probably revert our formation to 4-3-3 with Ronny and Valencia wide and RVP upfront. Even Benzema who's been out of form but has potential would be good for us.

Don't think Benzema would leave as Higuain is about to go to Juve.
Found a few articles saying he's agreed terms for Arsenal.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Benzema?

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

Ian_Wright wrote:Benzema?
Higuain

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Yeah seen a few reports but dont think its going to happen. Looks like Jovetic is a done deal from Fiorentina.

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

seems like more solid speculation than last year. this transfer window Wenger is dropping hints about, Cesar, Valdes, Higuain, Rooney, Jovetic, Fabregas. some good prospects right there.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Ian_Wright wrote:Looks like Jovetic is a done deal from Fiorentina.
I would guess your mail is mainly from British sources, whilst mine is mainly Italian.
I've read nothing that would even qualify as speculation at this stage let alone a "done deal".
Having said that, he is an absolute gem.

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

getborn wrote:
I would guess your mail is mainly from British sources, whilst mine is mainly Italian.
I've read nothing that would even qualify as speculation at this stage let alone a "done deal".
broaden your horizons my friend :wink:

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

getborn wrote:

Time will tell.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

# 9 wrote:
getborn wrote:
broaden your horizons my friend :wink:
You mean like Goal.com & Tribal Football.

I'd rather read from the few reasonably accurate sources rather than of shitload of garbage ones.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

he wont leave.....then they pay him more....he always does this.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:I just find it funny how all these United supporters seem happy enough for Rooney to leave.
Well when he's handed in 2 transfer requests why wouldnt we be happy if he left?
If you dont want to play for the club anymore, then later

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Old Redback wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:I just find it funny how all these United supporters seem happy enough for Rooney to leave.
Yes they seem to have very short memories - remember all the uproar a couple of years ago?
Now they have RvP all that seems forgotten.
Shows the fickle nature of United fans (question their loyalty perhaps?) - compare this with Chelsea fans - they really don't want to see Lampard let go despite acquiring Mata, Hazard and Oscar.
Oh yeah, those loyal Chelsea fans were all in evidence during the eighties and early nineties when the team were wank. They just acquired a load of plastics when the money came along.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nice One Cyril wrote:Oh yeah, those loyal Chelsea fans were all in evidence during the eighties and early nineties when the team were wank. They just acquired a load of plastics when the money came along.

chelsea were still well supported when they were in div 2. It's just now there's a lot more hangers on.

newcastle are a team that everyone goes on about the loyal fans, they were getting cabernet crowds in the 80's in division 2.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Oh yeah, those loyal Chelsea fans were all in evidence during the eighties and early nineties when the team were wank. They just acquired a load of plastics when the money came along.

chelsea were still well supported when they were in div 2. It's just now there's a lot more hangers on.

newcastle are a team that everyone goes on about the loyal fans, they were getting cabernet crowds in the 80's in division 2.
You obviously didn't go to many Chelsea games then, most of them were under 20k and the Bridge was half empty. I only know because my two best mates were a Chelsea STH and a Fulham STH so I spent a lot of time in West London.

The only clubs I can think of that maintained support during a stint in the lower divs were Man City and Leeds.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nice One Cyril wrote:

You obviously didn't go to many Chelsea games then, most of them were under 20k and the Bridge was half empty. I only know because my two best mates were a Chelsea STH and a Fulham STH so I spent a lot of time in West London.

The only clubs I can think of that maintained support during a stint in the lower divs were Man City and Leeds.

Went to the bridge a few times in the 80's but they were BIG games so would have been sold.

those clubs maintained those crowds during the later days though, not the 80's. What was the bridge's capacity then?

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Ian_Wright wrote:Yeah seen a few reports but dont think its going to happen. Looks like Jovetic is a done deal from Fiorentina.
Jovetic is a gun, but the value at Fiorentina is Ljajic. Incredible 2nd half of the season.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Even in the last season in the old div one they'd get some crowds under 10k from what I've read.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

The Kop wrote:
Ian_Wright wrote:Yeah seen a few reports but dont think its going to happen. Looks like Jovetic is a done deal from Fiorentina.
Jovetic is a gun, but the value at Fiorentina is Ljajic. Incredible 2nd half of the season.
Those two up front are awesome.

If we sell Cavani I am still hoping De Laurentiis goes for Jo-Jo.

Tin Soldier
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Tin Soldier »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Old Redback wrote:
Yes they seem to have very short memories - remember all the uproar a couple of years ago?
Now they have RvP all that seems forgotten.
Shows the fickle nature of United fans (question their loyalty perhaps?) - compare this with Chelsea fans - they really don't want to see Lampard let go despite acquiring Mata, Hazard and Oscar.
Oh yeah, those loyal Chelsea fans were all in evidence during the eighties and early nineties when the team were wank. They just acquired a load of plastics when the money came along.[/quot

So didnt Chelsea have any success in the 90's?

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

The Kop wrote:
Havent seen a great deal of both of them to be honest, but have recently done some research since Arsenal showed interest and the last thing i read was Arsenal should've chased Ljajic as he has outperformed Jovetic??

From the videos i watched online they both look tasty.