Would the PFA vote for Suarez as the EPL's best player?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Would the PFA vote for Suarez as the EPL's best player?

Post by Con M »

BFW says Luis' 22 goals in 29 league matches and 29 in 40 appearances in all competitions so far make him by some distance the EPL's top scorer.

Darting runs, deft passes, slick control, tap-ins, solo dribbles & thunderous shots - Suarez has shown it all and playing in a team that's not even in the top-4 like van Persie or Bale are.

But would the professional footballers put last season's Evra incident and the occasional dive out of their mind and vote for him based just on his consistent talent alone?

Unlikely.

Del Boca Vista
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Would the PFA vote for Suarez as the EPL's best player?

Post by Del Boca Vista »

well he has made a lot of defenders embarrassed and humiliated the past 18 months.

if he is not voted player of the year everyone knows he is so anyway. don't need an award to confirm it.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Con M wrote:BFW says Luis' 22 goals in 29 league matches and 29 in 40 appearances in all competitions so far make him by some distance the EPL's top scorer.

Darting runs, deft passes, slick control, tap-ins, solo dribbles & thunderous shots - Suarez has shown it all and playing in a team that's not even in the top-4 like van Persie or Bale are.

But would the professional footballers put last season's Evra incident and the occasional dive out of their mind and vote for him based just on his consistent talent alone?

Unlikely.
whats his goals been against the top 5 teams this season? would be interesting

he would have to be up there with rvp and bale as favourites imo

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Le King wrote:
Con M wrote:BFW says Luis' 22 goals in 29 league matches and 29 in 40 appearances in all competitions so far make him by some distance the EPL's top scorer.

Unlikely.
whats his goals been against the top 5 teams this season? would be interesting

he would have to be up there with rvp and bale as favourites imo
Another good game by Suarez at Villa Park. Definitely a penalty - no dive.

was not van Persie's goal at Sunderland - that was a deflection.

Bale's goal at Swansea was a beauty.

Agree Le King. PFA player of the year will come from this trio.
Last edited by Con M on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Armageddon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Armageddon »

RVP or Bale....suarez should be deported....cheating, diving....little rascist C^%4

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Armageddon wrote:RVP or Bale....suarez should be deported....cheating, diving....little rascist C^%4
Nah, Armageddon. He's cleaned up his act.

RVP hasn't scored in 8 or 9 games now and look at the table-topping team he's got around him to set him up.

Suarez is skilfull & extremely mobile. Defenders are terrified when he starts to run at them. Bale is also in a rich vein of form. I reckon it might be down to these two now. Can't think of a dark horse..

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Con M wrote:
Armageddon wrote:RVP or Bale....suarez should be deported....cheating, diving....little rascist C^%4

RVP hasn't scored in 8 or 9 games now and look at the table-topping team he's got around him to set him up.

Suarez is skilfull & extremely mobile. Defenders are terrified when he starts to run at them. Bale is also in a rich vein of form. I reckon it might be down to these two now. Can't think of a dark horse..
Racist :wink:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

swannsong wrote:
Con M wrote:

Racist :wink:
Now now Swanny! But I guess the wink symbol says you don't mean it...

Still, one has to be ultra-careful with terminology these days..

(Dark horse definition: "a little known person or thing that emerges to prominence..")

Any contenders apart from Suarez or Bale?

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

Del Boca Vista wrote:well he has made a lot of defenders embarrassed and humiliated the past 18 months.

if he is not voted player of the year everyone knows he is so anyway. don't need an award to confirm it.
what about bale ?
I speak nothing but the truth

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

The one and only wrote:
Del Boca Vista wrote:well he has made a lot of defenders embarrassed and humiliated the past 18 months.

what about bale ?
If it was Player of Half the Season, Bale would be a shoe-in.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
The one and only wrote:

what about bale ?
If it was Player of Half the Season, Bale would be a shoe-in.
Ya got a point, BowTies - Gareth has been on fire recently. but PFA measures it over the whole season.

ps, I hope Liverpool stick to the contract & bring all the stars to the MCG game, including Suarez

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Con M wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote: If it was Player of Half the Season, Bale would be a shoe-in.
Ya got a point, BowTies - Gareth has been on fire recently. but PFA measures it over the whole season.

ps, I hope Liverpool stick to the contract & bring all the stars to the MCG game, including Suarez
I'm doubtful that Suarez and Reina will be here. I think everyone else (minus those being sold) will be down here though.

There's no basis for that line of thinking, just my guess.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Doobie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Doobie »

Con M wrote:

Michu would be my dark horse
Write a signature here

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Doobie wrote:
Con M wrote:

Michu would be my dark horse
Michu would have to get some votes - look how well he's done at Swansea & cost twopence to buy.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Here is Michael Owens team

'Player of The Year was Bale. Closely followed by Suarez. Young Player of The Year was Benteke,'

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Le King wrote:Here is Michael Owens team

'Player of The Year was Bale. Closely followed by Suarez. Young Player of The Year was Benteke,'

Not a bad line-up. How many games will Bale miss through injury? Yesterday the pundits on ESPN Presspass anointed Suarez as their choice for player-of-the-Year.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I wouldn't be surprised if Mata came in from the outfield.

Bale is probably the favourite though.

Pity he'll never achieve the heights he could have by doing a Ryan Giggs and choosing to play for Wales instead of England.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details