Man United's Red Card

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Man United's Red Card

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Mato wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Mato wrote:Honestly looks like Nani is watching the ball untill the last second. Very very harsh red.
So those players that dive into a challenge are OK so long as they're looking at the ball? So was Shawcross when he snapped Ramsey's leg, so was Taylor when he did the same to Eduardo. You have a responsibility to be aware of other players and not be dangerous.

Nani was undoubtedly going for the ball, but led with his studs and, although I think it's harsh, it's not incorrect. If he'd broken a couple of Arbeloa's ribs, would that still have been OK?
The ball is coming over his head. He literally doesnt see Arbeloa until the balls about to touch his foot (or so Nani thinks).

Honestly if you see what Nani did as "diving into a challenge"... lol
It's not about diving into a challenge you twonk. What I'm saying is, there's shiraz all in the LOTG about intent or about watching the ball, but there is about serious foul play. Since nobody seems to be disputing it's a foul, it's therefore a matter of discretion for the referee as to whether he thinks it's dangerous or excessive and your comment about watching the ball is irrelevant.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Mato
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Mato »

Why are you so mad? Legit, what the shiraz is a twonk anyway

You'll note I didnt say "its not a red", if you read between the lines guess what this means... Yes I understand that technically its probably a red card, high foot dangerous play all that jazz :)

Referees use their discretion + common sense. You can get as worked up over my opinion as you like, I still think its a very harsh red.

rulebritannia
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rulebritannia »

100% correct call

behavior of Man United players toward ref was a disgrace. no class at all.

Ronaldo not celebrating his goal was a surprising piece of class by contrast.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

He stood there with his arms, how is that not celebrating? He might have played it down but he celebrated.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:He stood there with his arms, how is that not celebrating? He might have played it down but he celebrated.
He'd have looked bloody silly standing there without his arms :shock:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

rulebritannia
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rulebritannia »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:He stood there with his arms, how is that not celebrating? He might have played it down but he celebrated.
He'd have looked bloody silly standing there without his arms :shock:
:lol:

Ga Pala
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ga Pala »

Unfortunately that's the run of the green in football. To be fair MAN u HAVE HAD THEIR share of advantageous refereeing calls over the years. It was nice to see Fergie sook :wink:
" I used to go Missing a lot- Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss Germany." George Best

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

It is hilarious reading the bias from both sides. Whinging Man U haters claiming this is wonderful and Man U fans taking the hard done by flag.

Obviously its a red card if the player intended to hurt the opposition. As we all can clearly see he had eyes for the ball. It was a yellow.

Sad to see such a great game again ruined by lousy refereeing. The talking point really should be Modric's goal that was pure class. Almost paid back his transfer fee in one kick!

I do find it ironic that Fergie harped on about the ref needing to have a good game before the match. Maybe he shouldn't offer pre-match refereeing advice again!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Stuckey wrote:It is hilarious reading the bias from both sides. Whinging Man U haters claiming this is wonderful and Man U fans taking the hard done by flag.

Obviously its a red card if the player intended to hurt the opposition. As we all can clearly see he had eyes for the ball. It was a yellow.

Sad to see such a great game again ruined by lousy refereeing. The talking point really should be Modric's goal that was pure class. Almost paid back his transfer fee in one kick!

I do find it ironic that Fergie harped on about the ref needing to have a good game before the match. Maybe he shouldn't offer pre-match refereeing advice again!
What's sad is so many on here have so little understanding of the Laws of the game they profess to follow. Intent is irrelevant, your eyes could be on stalks looking at the ball but that would be irrelevant also, what matters is whether the play is judged to be excessively forceful, or dangerous to an opponent.

IMO it was insufficiently forceful to warrant a red, but I've had a few looks at it in real time and in slow motion, the ref doesn't get that option.
Danny Blanchflower

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Stuckey wrote:It is hilarious reading the bias from both sides. Whinging Man U haters claiming this is wonderful and Man U fans taking the hard done by flag.

What's sad is so many on here have so little understanding of the Laws of the game they profess to follow. Intent is irrelevant, your eyes could be on stalks looking at the ball but that would be irrelevant also, what matters is whether the play is judged to be excessively forceful, or dangerous to an opponent.

IMO it was insufficiently forceful to warrant a red, but I've had a few looks at it in real time and in slow motion, the ref doesn't get that option.
Well if thats the rule fine. Nani is clearly jumping forward towards the ball and the Real player jumps towards him to basically creating the situation out of himself. I would love to hear the ref's take on what he saw. It will be very interesting to see if Man Utd appeal the decision. Not that that would make the result any easier to take for the club.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Man u will lose any appeal. It's a harsh red card but it's there.

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

The referee only gets to look at an incident once, and in real time. There are always going to be mistakes where this is the case.

rulebritannia
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rulebritannia »

Ferdinand clapping in the ref's face was not a good look
he appeared a spoiled brat

i'd like to see players sanctioned for this sort of petulance

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

rulebritannia wrote:Ferdinand clapping in the ref's face was not a good look

He's a fucking twat.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

The referees positioning was 15-20 metres behind nani, he wouldn't have been able to see manis eyes, he's seen high foot, studs first, dangerous and reckless play. Yes to most when it happened it looked a harsh red but our tv cameras and the players benches were on the the (good position) side of the incident but as was said previously the ref gets one look at real time not slow motion replays.
things happen for a reason

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

God is an Englishman wrote:you can't have ball to hand when the hand is in an unnatural position and the natural position for an arm is not away from the body and up in the air.
Annnnnd thankyou.

I cannot believe (although I shouldn't be surprised) the gall of Man Utd people.

You have an almost unblemished record of refereeing f*ck ups, bias and injury time at Old Traffordin your favour and the one time it goes against you, everyone is jumping up and down.

Bacon face getting off the bench was hilarious, it took him an hour to get to the touch line and then when he got there, what was he going to do anyway??

Not to mention the STONEWALL penalty and send off of Rafael that never happened.

Not one Man Utd person could sit there and hand on heart say that if that happened at the other end they would not have expected the same for them.

Geesus, the cheek of some people.

By the way, you are out of Europe again, although this time you got to the second round.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Appeared??? !!! :roll: :roll:

He is. Probably skipped the mandatory drug test as well.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:

He's a fucking twat.

when he was captain for ur national team, i bet u didnt think that!

also, what was he supposed to do, smack the ref in the mouth????

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:you can't have ball to hand when the hand is in an unnatural position and the natural position for an arm is not away from the body and up in the air.
Annnnnd thankyou.

I cannot believe (although I shouldn't be surprised) the gall of Man Utd people.

You have an almost unblemished record of refereeing f*ck ups, bias and injury time at Old Traffordin your favour and the one time it goes against you, everyone is jumping up and down.

Bacon face getting off the bench was hilarious, it took him an hour to get to the touch line and then when he got there, what was he going to do anyway??

Not to mention the STONEWALL penalty and send off of Rafael that never happened.

Not one Man Utd person could sit there and hand on heart say that if that happened at the other end they would not have expected the same for them.

By the way, you are out of Europe again, although this time you got to the second round.

u clearly forgot about the Evra penalty decision that wasn't given.....
:roll:

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Red Card, if you look closely at the replay Nani actually kicks out a little after Arbeloa passed him.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

bubu wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
Annnnnd thankyou.

And you clearly forgot the Rafael decision.

By the way, pick a f*shiraz team and stick to it two faced pezza di merda.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

bubu wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:

He's a fucking twat.

So you think its good what he did.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

bubu wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:

He's a fucking twat.

He has never been captain of my national team. And even if he was, it wouldn't change my opinion of him.

And yes, the only other logical thing to do if he isn't going to clap in the referee's face is to smack him in the mouth. You fucking retard.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

rulebritannia
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rulebritannia »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:

He's a fucking twat.
i never liked him. he often assumes the role of moral police when he himself is a complete tool.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bubu wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
Annnnnd thankyou.

as if that was a penalty :lol:

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

foot is high, studs raised, yes he was going for the ball but kicked the bloke in the chest, the argument isn't whether its a foul as we all agree it is, it is whether its dangerous play. i think the red is a bit harsh but can see where the ref is coming from, yellow would have been the correct call IMO
ImageImage

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

The best part was, the ref was so calm and didnt give anything away and then......bang, out comes the red.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Ian_Wright wrote:The best part was, the ref was so calm and didnt give anything away and then......bang, out comes the red.
i think he was getting info from his assistant, who would have said the foot was very high, which left him no choice in his mind, dangerous play, red card
ImageImage

FRANKEL
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FRANKEL »

DOC wrote:foot is high, studs raised, yes he was going for the ball but kicked the bloke in the chest, the argument isn't whether its a foul as we all agree it is, it is whether its dangerous play. i think the red is a bit harsh but can see where the ref is coming from, yellow would have been the correct call IMO
As I said yesterday on Facebook doc any man united fan that complains about a refereeing decision or feels were unfairly treated I'd very hypercritical. Iv supported man united a long time and ill never blame the ref for anything ( only on Saturday for ABE) :-)
We have had more luck than any team u will ever see if it wasn't for bad decisions this season away at Liverpool and away at Chelsea we would never have won the games and wouldn't be currently 12 points clear.. I agree 90% with roy keanes analysis I don't believe it was red but u can see why he sent him off hight foot stoods up into chest it's reckless it is dangerous play and like keane said if nani was a bit of a braver lad he could of used his head or chest to control the ball.. Times have changed unfortunately u cannot now get away with tackles which u could of 10/15 years ago that's football now and even though people may not like it it's the rules nowadays
An I'm on my knees looking for the answers....

Are we human!!!!!!! Or are we scousers!!!!!!!

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

FRANKEL wrote:As I said yesterday on Facebook doc any man united fan that complains about a refereeing decision or feels were unfairly treated I'd very hypercritical. Iv supported man united a long time and ill never blame the ref for anything ( only on Saturday for ABE) :-)
We have had more luck than any team u will ever see if it wasn't for bad decisions this season away at Liverpool and away at Chelsea we would never have won the games and wouldn't be currently 12 points clear..
That's a weird way of looking at things. Just because things "always" go your way doesn't mean you should accept it when something eventually goes against you.

The table never lies and 12 points is a lot. Did our luck contribute to City drawing an extra 6 games? Nope
Feel Good Inc.