James McLean

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: James McLean

Post by God is an Englishman »

MegaBonus wrote:its also silly to suggest a foreigner applying his trade in his 'host' country must agree with its foreign policy......

would i be offended if any of our foreign players at adl ut didnt support our involvement in afghanistan????....No!!!!
He's a British Citizen, but either way you should show respect to the country you're in. I have stood in an anzac day ceremony and that doesn't affect me. What would happen if I didn't respect the culture if I was in saudi arabia?

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

God is an Englishman wrote:This was sent to me by a mate who's a sunderland season ticket holder
At the end of the day, its a free country & he's free to say, do and wear what he likes.

He's also free to p*ss off back to potato land if he doesn't like and respect the traditions and sense of decency of the country he's earning his money in.

Are you sure your mate isnt talking about you here?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Le King wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:This was sent to me by a mate who's a sunderland season ticket holder
At the end of the day, its a free country & he's free to say, do and wear what he likes.

He's also free to p*ss off back to potato land if he doesn't like and respect the traditions and sense of decency of the country he's earning his money in.

Are you sure your mate isnt talking about you here?
I take the piss, but I respect your traditions.

PLUS, I don't live in potato land!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

pernunz wrote:I thought soldiers fought and died to protect the freedom of speech?
Doesn't exist anymore, proof of that from Millwall this weekend, but my freedom of speech allows me to want the cover to never work again in my country.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

its a funny one for the irish as during the 2 world wars the irish fought in the british army despite years of persecution, but many events after that have blurred this somewhat and only the hostile feelings remain, which is understandable, and yes while mcclean is earning money from an english club he doesn't have to respect all traditions like i'm sure you dont respect all australian traditions hawkesy? MON didn't wear one during the game and o shea didn't have one on his second half kit either...

side note, celtic fans observed and impeccable minutes silence overnight
ImageImage

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DOC wrote:its a funny one for the irish as during the 2 world wars the irish fought in the british army despite years of persecution, but many events after that have blurred this somewhat and only the hostile feelings remain, which is understandable, and yes while mcclean is earning money from an english club he doesn't have to respect all traditions like i'm sure you dont respect all australian traditions hawkesy? MON didn't wear one during the game and o shea didn't have one on his second half kit either...

I won't dignify the "years of persecution" comment with a response.
o'shea didn't wear one in the second half. This has been reported as normal for him to change his shirt at half time and in no way was it a political statement.

You're right about not respecting all australian traditions but I would also understand that if I didn something this terrible that cast my employer in a bad light then they would have no choice but to let me go.

I hope he enjoys playing pub football in southern ireland from now on, because if I ran sunderland he'd be GONE!! It appears many sunderland supporters feel the same. Hopefully, his position becomes untenable.

Goon on celtic if they did it impeccably but I'll be honest I do struggle to believe that. and I had no idea about o'neill. In which case, he too is a champagne.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

God is an Englishman wrote:
DOC wrote:its a funny one for the irish as during the 2 world wars the irish fought in the british army despite years of persecution, but many events after that have blurred this somewhat and only the hostile feelings remain, which is understandable, and yes while mcclean is earning money from an english club he doesn't have to respect all traditions like i'm sure you dont respect all australian traditions hawkesy? MON didn't wear one during the game and o shea didn't have one on his second half kit either...

I won't dignify the "years of persecution" comment with a response.
o'shea didn't wear one in the second half. This has been reported as normal for him to change his shirt at half time and in no way was it a political statement.

You're right about not respecting all australian traditions but I would also understand that if I didn something this terrible that cast my employer in a bad light then they would have no choice but to let me go.

I hope he enjoys playing pub football in southern ireland from now on, because if I ran sunderland he'd be GONE!! It appears many sunderland supporters feel the same. Hopefully, his position becomes untenable.

Goon on celtic if they did it impeccably but I'll be honest I do struggle to believe that. and I had no idea about o'neill. In which case, he too is a champagne.
im pretty sure quinn and MON would understand the situation and my just have a word with the lad, he will remain at the club, MON did wear one for the after the game press conference though

the game wasn't on tv but forums are stating the you could here a pin drop at the celtic game, i think a few muppets have wised up and realise it only hurts the club
ImageImage

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Now the chardonnay has turned his back on a game in the states whilst his own national anthem and that of his club's was playing.

It just shows with this bloke that he doesn't care about the people paying his wages.

So glad i abused him a few months ago and watched him absolutely melt.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

What a miserable small minded prick he looked. Hypocritical wanker, best he remembers courtesy and respect work both ways. Thankfully most now accept his kind are the problem not the solution.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

This supposed man is as weak as they come. Every time I see him on the tube I honestly hope he gets hurt. I'd never wish that on anyone normally. This little shite has too much to say without having any real reason to say it I'm afraid.....
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Del Boca Vista
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Del Boca Vista »

what are you washed up old sheep whining about? you don't have to wear anything you don't want to in this life, poppy included. you don't have to wear something to stand for something and you don't have to believe in something you don't believe in. you are all the real problems, attacking someone for having a broader mind than you.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Del Boca Vista wrote:what are you washed up old sheep whining about? you don't have to wear anything you don't want to in this life, poppy included. you don't have to wear something to stand for something and you don't have to believe in something you don't believe in. you are all the real problems, attacking someone for having a broader mind than you.

Have you escaped again or have you found a way to type with the straitjacket on ?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Del Boca Vista wrote:what are you washed up old sheep whining about? you don't have to wear anything you don't want to in this life, poppy included. you don't have to wear something to stand for something and you don't have to believe in something you don't believe in. you are all the real problems, attacking someone for having a broader mind than you.
Doesn't like the Queen but will quite happily have the paper with her picture on his pocket.

It's about having respect. I've stood for the Australian, German and Irish national anthems as well as many other countries.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

He's at it again. Abusing Sunderland fans because they dared to sing "shiraz the ira"