Man Utd

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Man Utd

Post by Stuckey »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Stuckey wrote: So based on that then I'm a bigger Arsenal fan then most on here as I've been to 3 Arsenal games in the last 12 months. Bollocks.
My last boss was a massive Chelsea fan but can't afford to go to Chelsea game due to them being too expensive these days. He cried the day they won the champions league. How can you possibly say he's not a fan.
Well seeing as you can only be a fan of one side, better choose between your sides. However, just because a real fan goes to games it doesn't mean that just by attending you're a fan.

If he was a true fan he would find a way to see game once in a while. I can't stand chelse but even I have been to some games on occasions.
He decided it was easier and cheaper to get sky and watch every game them attend the odd game when he can afford it. IMO he's a really fan as he is still forking out ££ to see his side each week.
I'm in no way an Arsenal fan but I can't knock back tix when they come my way! Hoping to attending Arsenal-Man Utd in April!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Stuckey wrote: He decided it was easier and cheaper to get sky and watch every game them attend the odd game when he can afford it. IMO he's a really fan as he is still forking out ££ to see his side each week.
I'm in no way an Arsenal fan but I can't knock back tix when they come my way! Hoping to attending Arsenal-Man Utd in April!

taking an easier and cheaper option - how is he possibly a real fan?

He's also forking out ££ to man u, arsenal....

You regularly hear about the fans at home watching on tv being the 12th man don't you?

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Ian_Wright wrote:Oh dear, you really are a :clown: As i said i love watching Arsenal regardless of the result. I actually feel sorry for people like you. Your silly petulant comments make me wonder if you are old enough to be on the internet without your mothers supervision.
Ian_Wright wrote:Its very unfortunate that most Man U supporters have this simple mentality just like yours, makes the 4% of real fans look bad too.
Boo hoo :cry:

It took sometime, but we finally got the Liverpool fans around here to know their place. It looks like Arsenal is heading down the same path and their fan(s) need the same treatment... don't worry, I'm in it for the long haul.
Feel Good Inc.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

El Capitano wrote:
Ian_Wright wrote:Oh dear, you really are a :clown: As i said i love watching Arsenal regardless of the result. I actually feel sorry for people like you. Your silly petulant comments make me wonder if you are old enough to be on the internet without your mothers supervision.
Ian_Wright wrote:Its very unfortunate that most Man U supporters have this simple mentality just like yours, makes the 4% of real fans look bad too.

It took sometime, but we finally got the Liverpool fans around here to know their place. It looks like Arsenal is heading down the same path and their fan(s) need the same treatment... don't worry, I'm in it for the long haul.
I know 2 of the liverpool fans on this forum. Both of them have held season tickets in the past. I reckon one of them on their own has been to more liverpool fans in a season than all the man u fans together have ever attended.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

El Capitano wrote:

They are already starting to! My boss has a season ticket and at the start of the season he had people ringing him to borrow it now there are games he can't give it away for!

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

A fan only goes for one football team. You bring up United and there fans, buts its the same with fans all over the world for all clubs. Hardly any have been to there teams stadium let alone seen them play. You have to remember, its expensive to get a ticket to a game, let alone just how expensice it is to go overseas with flights and accom.
Ive been to anfield and emirates, and i bet more than half of the liverpool and arsenal fans here have never been to there teams stadium, so what big deal.
I watch all games United play religously, be it against man city or even west brom. Maybe missed 1 fa cup game and 1 league cup game as i work shift work. Yet even when at work ill have my phone on me constantly updating the eurosports app

The only thing that pisses me off is people that support 2 teams. Your entire passion should be put into one club only i believe.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Le King wrote:A fan only goes for one football team. You bring up United and there fans, buts its the same with fans all over the world for all clubs. Hardly any have been to there teams stadium let alone seen them play. You have to remember, its expensive to get a ticket to a game, let alone just how expensice it is to go overseas with flights and accom.
Ive been to anfield and emirates, and i bet more than half of the liverpool and arsenal fans here have never been to there teams stadium, so what big deal.
I watch all games United play religously, be it against man city or even west brom. Maybe missed 1 fa cup game and 1 league cup game as i work shift work. Yet even when at work ill have my phone on me constantly updating the eurosports app

The only thing that pisses me off is people that support 2 teams. Your entire passion should be put into one club only i believe.
I agree but I feel everyone is allowed 2nd and 3rd favourite sides. I mean Adelaide United is my team I will support them win, lose or draw no matter who they play. I am also a Man Utd fan and being in the UK am able to feel a closer connection with them but if AU and Man U play one another AU would be my team.
Because in the end basicially the only time AU and Man Utd would play one another would be in a meaningless friendly except for that time we almost played eachother in the World Club Cup but obviously the result was a foregone conclusion but it would have be wonderful to see AU make a game of it! But its clear that the two clubs are never really competing against one another as they are worlds apart.
When I say 2nd and 3rd favourites though obviously I'm not discussing people supporting clubs from same countries. Anyone who does that has no brain.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

El Capitano wrote:

Point proven :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Stuckey wrote:
Le King wrote:A fan only goes for one football team. You bring up United and there fans, buts its the same with fans all over the world for all clubs. Hardly any have been to there teams stadium let alone seen them play. You have to remember, its expensive to get a ticket to a game, let alone just how expensice it is to go overseas with flights and accom.

I agree but I feel everyone is allowed 2nd and 3rd favourite sides. I mean Adelaide United is my team I will support them win, lose or draw no matter who they play. I am also a Man Utd fan and being in the UK am able to feel a closer connection with them but if AU and Man U play one another AU would be my team.
Because in the end basicially the only time AU and Man Utd would play one another would be in a meaningless friendly except for that time we almost played eachother in the World Club Cup but obviously the result was a foregone conclusion but it would have be wonderful to see AU make a game of it! But its clear that the two clubs are never really competing against one another as they are worlds apart.
When I say 2nd and 3rd favourites though obviously I'm not discussing people supporting clubs from same countries. Anyone who does that has no brain.

So you claim to be man utd fan but you also state that you would want them to lose if they played adelaide united. WOW! What a huge fan you are!!

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

God is an Englishman wrote:I know 2 of the liverpool fans on this forum. Both of them have held season tickets in the past. I reckon one of them on their own has been to more liverpool fans in a season than all the man u fans together have ever attended.
Whats your point?
Feel Good Inc.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

El Capitano wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:I know 2 of the liverpool fans on this forum. Both of them have held season tickets in the past. I reckon one of them on their own has been to more liverpool fans in a season than all the man u fans together have ever attended.
Whats your point?

that when it comes to being a fan of their club. Those liverpool fans own all the man u fans on this forum. You can only dream of being as good as them.

They've probably seen their team play more in a week than the vast majority have seen their team ever.

So I don't think they "know their place". You should know yours!

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Well said. Im not sure he will understand though.....

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

El Capitano wrote:

I know 2 of the liverpool fans on this forum. Both of them have held season tickets in the past. I reckon one of them on their own has been to more liverpool fans in a season than all the man u fans together have ever attended.
One of them still has their ticket!!!!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

NickyTanner wrote:One of them still has their ticket!!!!
probably touting it out to the highest bidder. Typical scouse ticket scalper, or it is just a wannabee scouser.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

El Capitano wrote:
Whats your point?

that when it comes to being a fan of their club. Those liverpool fans own all the man u fans on this forum. You can only dream of being as good as them.

They've probably seen their team play more in a week than the vast majority have seen their team ever.

So I don't think they "know their place". You should know yours!
Do you know the difference between a fan and a supporter?
Feel Good Inc.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

El Capitano wrote: Do you know the difference between a fan and a supporter?

yes

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

yes
Have I ever claimed to be a fan?
Feel Good Inc.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

El Capitano wrote:

yes
Have I ever claimed to be a fan?

How would I know?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

probably touting it out to the highest bidder. Typical scouse ticket scalper, or it is just a wannabee scouser.
Face value to a local. In my name and I use it when I go back.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

NickyTanner wrote:
Face value to a local. In my name and I use it when I go back.

I believe that's illegal. Got to love the irony that the non local is selling to locals.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

We have had this conversation before, it is not illegal, and LFC know about it. It's snot what you know, its who you know....

Selling a ticket above face value is illegal, I may actually pay for my ticket and let someone else use it for free, that is legal.

And as I always say, LFC never hide they have lots of OOT supporters, its UTD who seem to take offence when they are told this.

Anyhow different story for a different day.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

NickyTanner wrote:We have had this conversation before, it is not illegal, and LFC know about it. It's snot what you know, its who you know....

Selling a ticket above face value is illegal, I may actually pay for my ticket and let someone else use it for free, that is legal.

And as I always say, LFC never hide they have lots of OOT supporters, its UTD who seem to take offence when they are told this.

Anyhow different story for a different day.

I know we've had this conversation about it. Can someone tell other clubs that it's not illegal then. I've used many season tickets for free in the past, but always been told it's illegal. Maybe, that's why I got sent over here!

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

El Capitano wrote: Have I ever claimed to be a fan?
How would I know?
So you're making assumptions?
Feel Good Inc.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Boring.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

El Capitano wrote:
El Capitano wrote: Have I ever claimed to be a fan?
How would I know?
So you're making assumptions?
So, are you saying you're not a man u fan then?

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

It's rude to answer questions with questions
Feel Good Inc.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

El Capitano wrote:It's rude to answer questions with questions
Like a give a shiraz about being rude.

dudley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by dudley »

they have won the league more than anyone in england and won the fa cup more than anyone in england.

enough said :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

dudley wrote:they have won the league more than anyone in england and won the fa cup more than anyone in england.

enough said :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Their "fans" are still dickheads.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
dudley wrote:they have won the league more than anyone in england and won the fa cup more than anyone in england.

Their "fans" are still dickheads.

got no problem with their actual fans, it's the supporters, followers and hangers on that are grenache.