Man Utd

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Man Utd

Post by Le King »

Was a great experience in Sydney. Myself and Chips went up on the Wednesday
Went to the hotel the players were staying at a few times to catch a glimpse but security was pretty tight
and there were a few supporters there, bandwagoners ofcourse. A few people with either a Giggs or Hernandez top, who were getting autographs of other players on that shirt, a bit silly if you ask me. A lot of people there that were glory hunters. Fans that wanted an autograph and then were happy to move onto the next player and get his autograph.

Anyways on weds night while the players were at the rugby we decided to try our luck and went to the hotel bar for a few drinks. After 10 minutes Bryan Robson comes downstairs and sits 3 metres from us at the bar. He was just in normal clothes, not in United gear. So after 5 minutes we decided to chat to him. Just general chat about how hes enjoying Australia and so on. Even told us his daughter lives in Adelaide. He was actually a great bloke to talk too. We didnt bother asking for an auto or photo just out of respect, and were happy with just a chat. After 20 minutes of chatting to him, the rest of the United team arrived from the rugby and came to the bar, Giggs, Phil Neville, Rio, Moyes ect. Most of them chilled for a bit and then went back to there room. Only the coaching staff were still downstairs with Bryan Robson. We just sat there listening to there convos about Maradona, Zaha and future transfer targets....

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Le King wrote:Was a great experience in Sydney. Myself and Chips went up on the Wednesday
Went to the hotel the players were staying at a few times to catch a glimpse but security was pretty tight
and there were a few supporters there, bandwagoners ofcourse. A few people with either a Giggs or Hernandez top, who were getting autographs of other players on that shirt, a bit silly if you ask me. A lot of people there that were glory hunters. Fans that wanted an autograph and then were happy to move onto the next player and get his autograph.

Anyways on weds night while the players were at the rugby we decided to try our luck and went to the hotel bar for a few drinks. After 10 minutes Bryan Robson comes downstairs and sits 3 metres from us at the bar. He was just in normal clothes, not in United gear. So after 5 minutes we decided to chat to him. Just general chat about how hes enjoying Australia and so on. Even told us his daughter lives in Adelaide. He was actually a great bloke to talk too. We didnt bother asking for an auto or photo just out of respect, and were happy with just a chat. After 20 minutes of chatting to him, the rest of the United team arrived from the rugby and came to the bar, Giggs, Phil Neville, Rio, Moyes ect. Most of them chilled for a bit and then went back to there room. Only the coaching staff were still downstairs with Bryan Robson. We just sat there listening to there convos about Maradona, Zaha and future transfer targets....

His daughters lives at Henley Beach I think.

What's wrong with getting other players. My son has an England cricket shirt with Pietersen on the back and it's signed by the entire 2010 Ashes Side. Pride of place hanging on his wall.

Bryan Robson was my first hero as a kid, one of the first England captains that I remember. Always loved watching him play and he actually knew how to tackle and be a genuine "hard man" unlike todays players.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Le King wrote:Was a great experience in Sydney. Myself and Chips went up on the Wednesday

:lol: :lol: Of course, lucky you real fans were there.... :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Steve#4 wrote:

I did think the same, must have been a long trek from Manchester for him.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

To be fair to Le King, he’s lived my dream….1-4 at Old Trafford!!

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

lucky sherry, spewing I didn't arrive earlier to witness this!!
but saturday at the pub, was a fantastic experience meeting the BrisUnited cheer squad and the old fella from uk, with the sign "united, kids and wife... in that order"!

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:

I did think the same, must have been a long trek from Manchester for him.
:lol:

pyroboy1911
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by pyroboy1911 »

What's wrong with getting other players. My son has an England cricket shirt with Pietersen on the back and it's signed by the entire 2010 Ashes Side. Pride of place hanging on his wall.

Bryan Robson was my first hero as a kid, one of the first England captains that I remember. Always loved watching him play and he actually knew how to tackle and be a genuine "hard man" unlike todays players.
Yea he did mention that his daughter is here, Back in 2009 he was supposed to come here for a dinner event etc, but got cancelled at the end.

I was there too, Thursday night outside hotel and Rio came out, Friday night training match, Sat night at the game and Sunday at hotel again from 10am till they leave for airport at 8pm. Not able to enter the hotel, even regular diners are denied entry to the restaurant without prior reservation. Also met Paddy outside hotel who is ever so nice, chatted with us and shared some inside news. At least he didnt think we're bandwagoners....

Theres also a couple of travelling fans from Manchester, lifelong season ticket holders, pretty much chat with them about our different experience as fans from a totally different timezone. even more amazing considering they are as old as Paddy himself, They flew to Japan to see the team there too.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

pyroboy1911 wrote:

Yea he did mention that his daughter is here, Back in 2009 he was supposed to come here for a dinner event etc, but got cancelled at the end.

I was there too, Thursday night outside hotel and Rio came out, Friday night training match, Sat night at the game and Sunday at hotel again from 10am till they leave for airport at 8pm. Not able to enter the hotel, even regular diners are denied entry to the restaurant without prior reservation. Also met Paddy outside hotel who is ever so nice, chatted with us and shared some inside news. At least he didnt think we're bandwagoners....

Theres also a couple of travelling fans from Manchester, lifelong season ticket holders, pretty much chat with them about our different experience as fans from a totally different timezone. even more amazing considering they are as old as Paddy himself, They flew to Japan to see the team there too.

Yeah I met Paddy and Stewart Gardner too. I met Paddy in 09 while walking around in Manchester and he remembered us when i showed him the picture on my mobile. It was funny because when we bumped into him in Sydney, there were about 10 United supporters outside the hotel waiting, and Paddy walked past them without any of them stopping him or saying hello(obviously no idea). Hes a pretty funny guy.

Did you go to the Cheers Bar on George street? That place was rocking Friday night after training and Saturday before the game. Met the guy with the banner "United, Kids, Wife, In That Order". He's been to 29 countries to see United. Just amazing. Got some awesome vids of chanting at the pub, great athmosphere. I had more fun there than i did at the actual game

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

I was there too... no follow up questions please
Feel Good Inc.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Moyes is getting decent reults in the pre season friendlies.......

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Le King wrote:
pyroboy1911 wrote:

Yeah I met Paddy and Stewart Gardner too. I met Paddy in 09 while walking around in Manchester and he remembered us when i showed him the picture on my mobile. It was funny because when we bumped into him in Sydney, there were about 10 United supporters outside the hotel waiting, and Paddy walked past them without any of them stopping him or saying hello(obviously no idea). Hes a pretty funny guy.

Did you go to the Cheers Bar on George street? That place was rocking Friday night after training and Saturday before the game. Met the guy with the banner "United, Kids, Wife, In That Order". He's been to 29 countries to see United. Just amazing. Got some awesome vids of chanting at the pub, great athmosphere. I had more fun there than i did at the actual game

great time at the pub, reminded of the 2006/07 Aleague final in melbourne......before the massacre on the pitch!!

geee the poms know how to drink, and some of the chants were very witty and funny!

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Ian_Wright wrote:Moyes is getting decent reults in the pre season friendlies.......

Cool story Bro!!!
:roll:

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Cheers.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bubu wrote: great time at the pub, reminded of the 2006/07 Aleague final in melbourne......before the massacre on the pitch!!

geee the poms know how to drink, and some of the chants were very witty and funny!

cool story

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Ian_Wright wrote:Cheers.

footatability
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by footatability »

I have been calling van persie a c*nt, the fleeing Dutchman, van p*ssy, c*nt man for exactly a year now since he left Arsenal. But having the privilege of seeing him play in Sydney completely rid me of all my hatred for him. Respect for Van Persie, such a talent and delight to watch.

(I still hate Evra though)
Just hitting that like button on our facebook page means a lot! We have something really awesome in store for you football fans!

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/footatability

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Rvp is all class. I know he was good when he was at arsenal but watching him much more now as he plays for United, you just realise hes an amazing talent.
Better than Rooney

Anyways i hope he is gettin into Cesc's ear about coming to United ;)

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Le King wrote:Rvp is all class. I know he was good when he was at arsenal but watching him much more now as he plays for United, you just realise hes an amazing talent.
Better than Rooney

Face it, Man U can't attract the biggest players any more.
Man City and Chelsea have more money, and even Arsenal has a well known manager. This transfer window will be a tough one for Man U.

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

Litmanen wrote:
Le King wrote:Rvp is all class. I know he was good when he was at arsenal but watching him much more now as he plays for United, you just realise hes an amazing talent.
Better than Rooney

Man City and Chelsea have more money, and even Arsenal has a well known manager. This transfer window will be a tough one for Man U.
By the sounds of it the only real target United have had all summer is Fabregas and it was never going to be easy to make him leave his beloved Barca. Thiago has come out and said we never even spoke to him.

And don't forget, we don't need need major changes to be made to the current squad. I'd be happy if we only brought in Cesc. As long as we keep Rooney

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Cesc signing not looking like it will happen, but you never know.

Going to be tough for United to keep their crown this season.
Last edited by Derek on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

What do the man u "fans" think about Liverpool outdoing them in australia?

Bigger crowd
Bigger event
Bigger spectacle
Bigger atmosphere

Made me think that liverpool are more supported and respected in australia than man u.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

God is an Englishman wrote:What do the man u "fans" think about Liverpool outdoing them in australia?

Bigger crowd
Bigger event
Bigger spectacle
Bigger atmosphere

Made me think that liverpool are more supported and respected in australia than man u.
You make very good points there....

footatability
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by footatability »

Steve#4 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:What do the man u "fans" think about Liverpool outdoing them in australia?

Bigger crowd
Bigger event
Bigger spectacle
Bigger atmosphere

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Manchester United had also played at the MCG the crowd, event, spectacle and atmosphere would have been quite similar. But I still believe Liverpool have a bigger fan base in Australia
Just hitting that like button on our facebook page means a lot! We have something really awesome in store for you football fans!

footatability
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by footatability »

Ian_Wright wrote:Going to be tough for United to keep their crown this season.
Hopefully, but I am not to sure this will happen, van persie will make sure of it lol.

Everyone thought Barca would drop when they lost Pep and even more so when Tito got sick. So unless there are major internal issues like Rooney etc. United will be up there all season.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Jimbob wrote:
Litmanen wrote:
Better than Rooney

By the sounds of it the only real target United have had all summer is Fabregas and it was never going to be easy to make him leave his beloved Barca. Thiago has come out and said we never even spoke to him.

And don't forget, we don't need need major changes to be made to the current squad. I'd be happy if we only brought in Cesc. As long as we keep Rooney
I don't disagree, but i think that when Le King is dissmissive of Rooney, i start to wonder who he thinks will properly replace him. Kagawa is a bit of a stretch IMO.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

footatability wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but if Manchester United had also played at the MCG the crowd, event, spectacle and atmosphere would have been quite similar. But I still believe Liverpool have a bigger fan base in Australia

You're wrong, man u played in sydney.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

footatability wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:

Bigger crowd
Bigger event
Bigger spectacle
Bigger atmosphere

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Manchester United had also played at the MCG the crowd, event, spectacle and atmosphere would have been quite similar. But I still believe Liverpool have a bigger fan base in Australia
Can you change the size of your advertisement, it is very annoying....

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Ian_Wright wrote:Cesc signing not looking like it will happen, but you never know.

Going to be tough for United to keep their crown this season.
chelsea are favourites for the title this coming season i believe. We will drop points this season, where we would have got 3 points other seasons purely down to Fergie
We dont need to buy a heap of players. The key to Uniteds success is stability, its served them so well
Theyve never gone out and bought 5 or 6 players in a transfer window, they give youth a go, and we have young players a plenty that will only get better and better. Jones, Smalling, Rafael, Fabio, Evans, De Gea, Zaha, Cleverley, Adnan and Wellbeck

We have lacked a cm since Keane left so getting a player like Cesc would be great.
Litmanen wrote: but i think that when Le King is dissmissive of Rooney
Just because i said RVP is better than Rooney, it doesnt mean that i think Rooney should go

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

write off ManUtd at ur peril.

However, I think this year with Moyes in charge, it will be much more difficult to win the title.
Man shitty and chelski are very strong sides and with nice person in charge, they both will push for top spot
Assssnal will be up there this coming season, and the top 4 will between them

spurs, poooo will not finish top 4