Arsenal

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Arsenal

Post by God is an Englishman »

Ga Pala wrote:A bit of culture may have got his brain into gear rather than getting into gang fights in pommie land. :D

Culture in marseilles :lol:

another one who's not been to marseilles. It's more likely the gangs of immigrants with machetes which is stopping him from getting into fights more than any culture.

Ubietz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ubietz »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Ubietz wrote:Speaking of he's been pretty decent for Marseille. Must be all that European philosophy, cheese and wine he's exposed to now.
european philosophy in marseilles :lol: You'd struggle to find a european there.
haha touché.

The closest thing he does is requote Nietzsche on twitter. I'm surprised the ultras haven't knifed him yet.
«Εμείς μαζί για μια ζωή»

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Wilshere red card was harsh according to Monsieur "I did not see it" Wenger :lol:

Bloke's an idiot. Wilshere and Cleverley were both warned, one manager did something and one did nothing.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Wilshere red card was harsh according to Monsieur "I did not see it" Wenger :lol:

Bloke's an idiot. Wilshere and Cleverley were both warned, one manager did something and one did nothing.
how many tackles did Cleverly get? 7.....how many tackles did Wilshere get? 3 haha it's ridiculous...and you're telling me Van shiraz's late tackle on Sagan wasn't a red? i've seen lighter challenges than that being sent off! bottle of shiraz ridiculous!

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

delfino_1936 wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Wilshere red card was harsh according to Monsieur "I did not see it" Wenger :lol:

how many tackles did Cleverly get? 7.....how many tackles did Wilshere get? 3 haha it's ridiculous...and you're telling me Van shiraz's late tackle on Sagan wasn't a red? i've seen lighter challenges than that being sent off! bottle of shiraz ridiculous!
Don't be silly. Wilshere should have been subbed off. Easily a second yellow.

Only thing you've got the right to complain about is RvP only seeing yellow for his ridiculous challenge on Sagna.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

Culture in marseilles :lol:

another one who's not been to marseilles.

the gangs of immigrants with machetes
Horrible place...well actually a nice place but horrible after dark and for a football game.
One of the scariest places I've ever been.
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

delfino_1936 wrote:

Rvp was a yellow easy as that, if your saying thats a red then maybe wilshere should have got a red for his late tackle from behind on Cleverly.

I thought both his yellows were deserved, as too was cleverlys and rvps

You cant complain, the scoreline flattered arsenal

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Wenger wrote:“I was surprised that [the referee] gave him a second yellow card. He went for the ball and Patrice Evra made the maximum of it,” he suggested. “What is unbelievable is how naive the referee can be. When he says in front of the other players, ‘the next foul and you are out’, of course the next foul the players dive like they have been killed and that’s what happened.”
Nothing about playing like crap and him not making the right subs. Bloody ref again! :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Le King wrote:
delfino_1936 wrote:

Rvp was a yellow easy as that, if your saying thats a red then maybe wilshere should have got a red for his late tackle from behind on Cleverly.

I thought both his yellows were deserved, as too was cleverlys and rvps

You cant complain, the scoreline flattered arsenal
I completely agree with that part for sure.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

RVP missed the ball......by a lot.

Absolutely no intention of winning that tackle cleanly, eyes only for Sagna. Pretty c*ntish considering Sagna is on his way back from a broken leg.

When you consider that players these days are getting red for playing the ball and following through the man, he's very very lucky to avoid red.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kop wrote:Image

Absolutely no intention of winning that tackle cleanly, eyes only for Sagna. Pretty c*ntish considering Sagna is on his way back from a broken leg.

When you consider that players these days are getting red for playing the ball and following through the man, he's very very lucky to avoid red.
:lol: another softcock, was down low and from the side and missed the ball by no more than a yard. Totally different to the Coloccini tackle on Suarez which was high, from behind and several yards away from the ball.

Honestly, some of you lot should be playing netball :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Its a reckless challenge, depending on the ref could've went either way.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
keep digging....

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

I was referring to whether it was a yellow or a red card....Not the result :roll:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Ian_Wright wrote:Its a reckless challenge, depending on the ref could've went either way.
I prefer to call it poorly timed :D
Danny Blanchflower

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Ian_Wright wrote:I was referring to whether it was a yellow or a red card....Not the result :roll:
and i was referring to the post above yours! :wink:

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

:lol: Fair enough.

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

RVP was probably lucky to stay on the field given that other players have gone for less but I don't think there was anything malicious on his part.

I also don't necessarily agree that Wenger was wrong to leave Wilshire on the field instead of subbing him. He should be able to trust his players not to get sent off and he needed his best, creative players on the pitch if they were going to salvage anything.

Fergie was spoilt for choice with replacements for Cleverly and wasn't chasing the game. It definitely backfired on Wenger though in hindsight!

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

fair summary.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

That's a yellow!

Does a player now have to be wary of an injury a bloke's had before. He dives in, his timing is bad. That used to just get called a "strikers tackle" and get on with it.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

So tough

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

That's a yellow!

Does a player now have to be wary of an injury a bloke's had before. He dives in, his timing is bad. That used to just get called a "strikers tackle" and get on with it.
Have you been hanging out with DAM too much? :lol:
Vis-à-vis based on other reds this season, wouldn’t have been out of place.
I’m saying RVP knew Sagna was just back from a broken leg and may have gone in a touch harder than if it was someone else.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The Kop wrote:

That's a yellow!

Have you been hanging out with DAM too much? :lol:
Vis-à-vis based on other reds this season, wouldn’t have been out of place.
I’m saying RVP knew Sagna was just back from a broken leg and may have gone in a touch harder than if it was someone else.

Conmpared to others it probably is a red, doesn't mean I believe the others should have been red though.

The game's gone soft!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

in the good old days that was just a talking to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwFrynodsQ4

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Borderline Red or Yellow. Seen less get Red. In saying that, I think it was an attempt at a tackle, he was just ordinary at it.

Can't complain about Arsenals red. Easily two yellows.

Arsenal have to spend some money in the transfer window. Their defence looks very shakey.

Ubietz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ubietz »

Red card? No.

It's a yellow. A definite striker's tackle.
«Εμείς μαζί για μια ζωή»

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Jay Walking wrote:Borderline Red or Yellow. Seen less get Red. In saying that, I think it was an attempt at a tackle, he was just ordinary at it.

Can't complain about Arsenals red. Easily two yellows.

Arsenal have to spend some money in the transfer window. Their defence looks very shakey.

Yes we do! Some more fire power would be nice!

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

at Old Traffard thats a yellow at most
elsewhere red

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

This thread is about Arsenal, so I'll comment about a couple of things that astounded me about the Club. (And I am a fan of their's, having admired their style of play & having fond memories of being at a Euro Champions League match at the old Highbury just before the move to Etihad).

Firstly the acceptance of the shirt-swap (by R.V.P. to some Arsenal player) at HALF bloody time @ Old Trafford was PATHETIC.

Secondly, I've just seen a clip on the Foxsports program "The Back Page" where not one, but TWO Arsenal players threw their shirts into the crowd, not bloody well realizing there was still extra time to be played in that League Cup game against Reading. These so-called professional morons had to RETRIEVE their shirts from the crowd to continue, FFS!

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Great post :shock:

Ps - Arsenal moved to the Emirates.