Celtic

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Celtic

Post by DOC »

nice win in europe overnight :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Celtic

Post by Knight15 »

True although it was only Spartak Moscow away,Rangers had a great 1-0 away win against Forres Mechanics and I believe their team bus received a free service

Top of the league with a game in hand and 2nd Top of the Champions League group happy days
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Hibs seven
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Hibs seven »

Knight15 wrote:True although it was only Spartak Moscow away,Rangers had a great 1-0 away win against Forres Mechanics and I believe their team bus received a free service

Top of the league with a game in hand and 2nd Top of the Champions League group happy days

Alloa at home for them next round, pity it had not been away the might have got some free beer!

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

Hibs seven wrote:
Knight15 wrote:True although it was only Spartak Moscow away,Rangers had a great 1-0 away win against Forres Mechanics and I believe their team bus received a free service

Alloa at home for them next round, pity it had not been away the might have got some free beer!
:lol:

But Scottish Football is dead isn't it? The sky was going to fall in...............perhaps the Mayans were right.

Faith No More
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Faith No More »

A wi is a win in the UCL, 2nd win away in over 30 attempts but still a good win.
Credit where credit is due.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Faith No More wrote:A wi is a win in the UCL, 2nd win away in over 30 attempts but still a good win.
Credit where credit is due.
Well said

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

1st away win in the champions league group stages and still they care more about a brand new club.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Vista_Bhoy wrote:
Hibs seven wrote:

But Scottish Football is dead isn't it? The sky was going to fall in...............perhaps the Mayans were right.
One win in Europe hardly glosses over the huge problems that Scottish football has at the moment.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

actually jay scottish football actually looks quite good, teams are excited at the chance of knocking off celtic and we haven't had our own way like many expected

johnny russel and james forrest are young talents coming through

the national team has started very well, if levein would pick fletcher maybe the scots could push on for a play off berth

seems like the demise of rangers has re-invigorated the spl

celtic being competitive in europe is the icing on the cake as it raises the nations co-efficient ranking and hopefully scotland can have 1.5 spots in the CL again soon
ImageImage

yogi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by yogi »

Jay Walking wrote:
Vista_Bhoy wrote:
Hibs seven wrote:

One win in Europe hardly glosses over the huge problems that Scottish football has at the moment.[/quote]

Weve had many wins in Europe Jay, but tonight was a great game to watch not just by the result but by
the character and the way we played compared to other away games in the CL that we have tried to defend
right from the start. Well done Lennon and Co.

Keftetha1601
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Keftetha1601 »

SAMARAS!!!! :D

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Fair's fair, any win away in Europe is a good result, but weren't you losing until they went down to 10 men?

Let's see how you play against Barca before handing you the CL trophy :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

SAMARAS ole ole... saviour of celtic!!!
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

yogi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by yogi »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Fair's fair, any win away in Europe is a good result, but weren't you losing until they went down to 10 men?

Let's see how you play against Barca before handing you the CL trophy :wink:
Well, we have beaten them before in Europe, :lol:

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

NOC where are spurs this season? where is your champions league trophy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

DOC wrote:NOC where are spurs this season? where is your champions league trophy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Spurs are currently fifth in a league where Celtic would be lucky to be in the bottom five. Celtic don't have a Champions League trophy either btw.

As I said, one swallow doth not a summer make and all that, let's see how you're sitting after the next two games.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

DOC wrote:NOC where are spurs this season? where is your champions league trophy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Spurs are playing in a real league.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Spurs are currently fifth in a league where Celtic would be lucky to be in the bottom five. Celtic don't have a Champions League trophy either btw.

As I said, one swallow doth not a summer make and all that, let's see how you're sitting after the next two games.
history says we won it irrespective of where the trophy currently is

we have beaten barca before, looking forward to it

and if celtic has the sky money etc from being in the premier league, considering we only have roughly 5 mil owing on a bank loan, we would be competing :mrgreen:
ImageImage

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DOC wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

and if celtic has the sky money etc from being in the premier league, considering we only have roughly 5 mil owing on a bank loan, we would be competing :mrgreen:

I can't believe you are claiming trophies that they've never won. When did seltic win the european champions league then?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

DOC wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

If my Aunty had bollocks she'd be my Uncle :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DOC wrote:and if celtic has the sky money etc from being in the premier league, considering we only have roughly 5 mil owing on a bank loan, we would be competing :mrgreen:
That's a BIG IF, bottom line is you don't and why's that, because you're a one club league that no one gives a cabernet about.

I think you'd be competetive at championship level but that's about it.
Personally I'd love to see your horrible lot try it on at clubs like leeds, Millwall, cardiff. Make sure you take your running shoes and hide behind the police.

Faith No More
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Faith No More »

God is an Englishman wrote:
DOC wrote:and if celtic has the sky money etc from being in the premier league, considering we only have roughly 5 mil owing on a bank loan, we would be competing :mrgreen:
That's a BIG IF, bottom line is you don't and why's that, because you're a one club league that no one gives a cabernet about.

Personally I'd love to see your horrible lot try it on at clubs like leeds, Millwall, cardiff. Make sure you take your running shoes and hide behind the police.
LOL, would love to see Celtic in EPL, getting played off the park by Wigan, Swansea , etc etc.
as I have said before SPL is irrelevant these days.
will be a good test for barca....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

I can't believe you are claiming trophies that they've never won. When did seltic win the european champions league then?
sorry, european cup, which means more than the mickey mouse champions league anyways, uefa just milking the cash out of it
ImageImage

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
If my Aunty had bollocks she'd be my Uncle :lol:
you are a yid so its probably true :lol: :wink:
ImageImage

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

i have no interest in what happens off the pitch, but considering our fan base, financial situation, number of season tickets and merchandise we sell, we rank higher than most epl clubs, the only thing we lack is a good tv deal, we tried to go it alone after the setanta uk balls up but were told no, some numbers flying around were quite high
ImageImage

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DOC wrote:i have no interest in what happens off the pitch, but considering our fan base, financial situation, number of season tickets and merchandise we sell, we rank higher than most epl clubs, the only thing we lack is a good tv deal, we tried to go it alone after the setanta uk balls up but were told no, some numbers flying around were quite high

It counts for nothing having numbers flying around if they don't ever settle into a bank account.

You have no interest what happens off the pitch and they you mention a list of things OFF THE PITCH. It's make your mind up time!

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

DOC wrote:i have no interest in what happens off the pitch, but considering our fan base, financial situation, number of season tickets and merchandise we sell, we rank higher than most epl clubs, the only thing we lack is a good tv deal, we tried to go it alone after the setanta uk balls up but were told no, some numbers flying around were quite high

It counts for nothing having numbers flying around if they don't ever settle into a bank account.

You have no interest what happens off the pitch and they you mention a list of things OFF THE PITCH. It's make your mind up time!
i mentioned administrative issues, not fights, muppet :lol:

they do, hence we have minimal debt as we keep putting money towards it, with assets we are prob in a better financial situation that half the epl :lol: :lol:

imagine the sky bubble bursting now :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DOC wrote:

i mentioned administrative issues, not fights, muppet :lol:

they do, hence we have minimal debt as we keep putting money towards it, with assets we are prob in a better financial situation that half the epl :lol: :lol:

imagine the sky bubble bursting now :lol: :lol:
Paragraph 1: You mention "off the field", you didn't differentiate between fights.

Paragraph 2: You are going to have to explain yourself there, I've understood more from a drunk glaswegian than that.

Paragraph 3: It's one of the best dreams I could have. I deam of the day it will happen and football comes back to the real supporters.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Keep trying lads, but still can't wipe the smile off my face this week

What a great week for Glasgow Celtic

Hail Hail

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

dudley
First Team Regular