Rangers "new Co" record crowd

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

thewabster
Star Player
Star Player

Rangers "new Co" record crowd

Post by thewabster »

Fourth-tier Rangers shatter world record
August 20, 2012
Reuters

Rangers manager Ally McCoist paid tribute to the troubled club's fans after 49,118 packed into Ibrox to watch Saturday's 5-1 thrashing of East Stirling, a world record attendance for fourth-tier football.

"It was quite unbelievable really," said McCoist. "I looked out of the office at 1:30 today and Edmiston Drive was chock-a-block.

"It was fantastic. It's a statement and it's really encouraging.

"When you're getting support like that from the fans, you can only go one way and we must go forward."

Advertisement The Glasgow club, demoted to the Scottish Third Division following its liquidatation, marked its first home game in the bottom tier in spectacular fashion.

Rangers smashed the previous record crowd at that level - set in 1961 when 37,774 watched Crystal Palace's English Fourth Division clash against south London rivals Millwall.

And McCoist's side recovered from a sloppy start to send fans home happy, thanks to Andy Little's hat-trick.

Paul Quinn converted an early penalty for East Stirling, but the treble from Little, as well as a first Rangers goal on his first start from Francisco Sandaza and a late strike from Lee McCulloch, secured the club's first league win of the season following last weekend's draw at Peterhead.

McCoist added: "It was not the start that we would have wanted but I was pleased with the overall display.

"We created a staggering amount of chances and I was very pleased with our second-half performance."

Rangers chief executive Charles Green had addressed fans ahead of kick-off, making reference to a campaign to sell out Scottish Premier League grounds last week.

He told the Ibrox crowd: "Never mind 'Sell-out Saturday' - this is 'Sold-out Saturday'. That's testament to the passion, loyalty and commitment shown by the Rangers support and we thank you all."

New company, same club, same spirit, same supporters. There are many on this site that have stuck it to West Adelaide over the years (I mean really hard) for this new legal entity rubbish. Here we have Rangers with a brand new company but the same Rangers. 49,000 turn up. They see (as we at West Adelaide have always seen) that the club is not a mere legal entity but its an embodiment of a history. Talking to Neil McGachey on Saturday left me in no doubt who West Adelaide is and what we represent. The 500 or so that turned up on Saturday for our last game of the season really was a watershed moment and one that gives confidence to many down there about the direction we are heading.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Rangers "new Co" record crowd

Post by Victoria's Secret »

I know Rangers had trouble getting into the league they wanted, but I missed the news when they joined a League in Australia.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

Port Power could go and play 4th div and maybe get a crowd

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

They also hold the world record for the most fans to riot in Manchester and Barcelona..............no wait.........that was the now defunct Rainjurz.

Major Tom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Major Tom »

NickyTanner wrote:I know Rangers had trouble getting into the league they wanted, but I missed the news when they joined a League in Australia.
Having spent so much of his life in a caravan, wabster tends to get disorientated very easily.
Put your ray gun to my head

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Perhaps Rangers Mark Two could use some of the profits from the huge crowd to pay back some of monies lost by Rangers Mark One. I am sure some Glasgow businesses still owed money by Mark One.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

ozzie owl wrote:Perhaps Rangers Mark Two could use some of the profits from the huge crowd to pay back some of monies lost by Rangers Mark One. I am sure some Glasgow businesses still owed money by Mark One.

Perhaps you could use some of the money you earn this week to pay back the debts still owed by Ansett Airlines.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

adam wrote:Port Power could go and play 4th div and maybe get a crowd

doubt it, its a different shaped ball they play with in scotland!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thewabster wrote:Rangers smashed the previous record crowd at that level - set in 1961 when 37,774 watched Crystal Palace's English Fourth Division clash against south London rivals Millwall.
The 774 was probably the palace fans, the nigels never turn up when they play us.

Rivals? :lol: they're irrelevant!!

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

zombie rangers, as per an agreement, have to pay monies owed to all clubs in scotland, which they have not done

49 000, wow we get playing st johnstone at home, but that is considered a poor crowd as out stadium seats over 60 000
ImageImage

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

Did Kafes get a run?
Agia Lavra 1821!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

God is an Englishman wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Perhaps Rangers Mark Two could use some of the profits from the huge crowd to pay back some of monies lost by Rangers Mark One. I am sure some Glasgow businesses still owed money by Mark One.

Perhaps you could use some of the money you earn this week to pay back the debts still owed by Ansett Airlines.
Totally different issue.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:

Totally different issue.
Exactly the same, company went bankrupt. New company started up, they are as much responsible for the old companies debts as you are for Ansetts.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

The difference is that Rangers Mark Two are using business trading names and logos of the bankrupt entity. Essentially they are trading off the goodwill of bankrupt business.

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

I must have missed where this has any relevance to West Adelaide.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Fact Hunt wrote:I must have missed where this has any relevance to West Adelaide.
Totally different scenarios.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Fact Hunt wrote:I must have missed where this has any relevance to West Adelaide.
Offering massive amounts of money and then go broke :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:

The difference is that Rangers Mark Two are using business trading names and logos of the bankrupt entity. Essentially they are trading off the goodwill of bankrupt business.

Seperate companies, so if they have to pay back debts that have nothing to do with them then you should pay back ansett's debts.

yogi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by yogi »

The Huns are going bust,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait until the courts and HRMC gets into them.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

yogi wrote:The Huns are going bust,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait until the courts and HRMC gets into them.

What do you call bambi with no eyes?

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

yogi wrote:The Huns are going bust,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait until the courts and HRMC gets into them.

What do you call bambi with no eyes?
bamb :?:
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

thewabster
Star Player
Star Player

Post by thewabster »

ozzie owl wrote:
Totally different scenarios.

Got to be kidding me....

Same issues similar outcomes, its just a matter of degrees.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

The if its new company they should pay to use the trading name of the old company.

As for Ansett Airlines ?

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

Vista_Bhoy wrote:They also hold the world record for the most fans to riot in Manchester and Barcelona..............no wait.........that was the now defunct Rainjurz.
Rather have our history than yours. BIG JOCK NEW!
MON THE GERS

rulebritannia
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rulebritannia »

well Rangers run through the lower league divisions should provide a financial boost to all the other clubs along the way who will welcome their paying travelling fans

Faith No More
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Faith No More »

rulebritannia wrote:well Rangers run through the lower league divisions should provide a financial boost to all the other clubs along the way who will welcome their paying travelling fans
Funny how there's now greater focus on Div 3 than the SPL .
:lol:
Celtic fans, time to get on with trying to win the SPL when you now have bugger all competition.
:?:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:The if its new company they should pay to use the trading name of the old company.

As for Ansett Airlines ?

Don't confuse the company with the team.

It's a new company, what part of that are you struggling with? Have you ever read anything to do with the bankruptcy laws?

The new company has nothing to do with the old one, the same as you have nothing to do with Ansett.

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

Same club= RANGERS. Same stadium=IBROX. Same colours=BLUE,WHITE AND RED. Same badge=RFC. Same Supporters=Fantastic.
Pacific Shelf F.C. continue with their obsession with Scotland's greatest club.Jealousy it just eats away at them. 54 and more to FOLLOW FOLLOW! RANGERS THEN! RANGERS NOW! RANGERS FOREVER! :D
MON THE GERS

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

Still waiting Dhimmy! 54 and more to FOLLOW FOLLOW!
MON THE GERS

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Gers wrote:Same club= RANGERS. Same stadium=IBROX. Same colours=BLUE,WHITE AND RED. Same badge=RFC. Same Supporters=Fantastic.
Pacific Shelf F.C. continue with their obsession with Scotland's greatest club.Jealousy it just eats away at them. 54 and more to FOLLOW FOLLOW! RANGERS THEN! RANGERS NOW! RANGERS FOREVER! :D
Don't worry mate, they still won't even be close to Rangers titles even with the ones they'll win be default in the next few seasons.

A great proud scottish and British club, I hope they bounce back as quick as possible