Bale v Adam

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Bale v Adam

Post by Old Redback »

I hardly think Gareth Bale is one to take the moral high ground against Charlie Adam when he apparently pulled out of Team GB because of injury - it didn't seem to hinder him playing for Spurs. Makes me sick.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Bale v Adam

Post by Victoria's Secret »

and he carried on playing in the game, and he is OK..

storm in a tea cup.

A poor challenge yes...but these things happen

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Isn't there some kind of history between the two?
Thought Adam had butchered him once before.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

NickyTanner wrote:and he carried on playing in the game, and he is OK..

storm in a tea cup.

A poor challenge yes...but these things happen
Of itself, the tackle was hardly the worst you'll see but it was totally unnecessary, especially given the context of the game. When the ball is 5m away and the player's gone past you, any tackle, grab or whatever cannot be for the ball, so must be a card.

Adam's an average player and dirty with it. I doubt he'll feature much under Rodgers.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

Bale needs to man up and snap Charlie's leg that's the only way that tit will learn

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

SPURS18 wrote:Bale needs to man up and snap Charlie's leg that's the only way that tit will learn
And there is the problem. If the officials don't take a dim view of those sort of tackles and punish them accordingly, players are likely to take the law into their own hands, which I can't agree with.

The game has to be bigger than any two players.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Adam was just trying to help bale justify his reasoning for not going to the olympics

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

sh*t "tackle" followed by an equally sh*t reaction from avb, bale and kyle runner.
sums it all up really.

(also i think spurs are hunting for a rivalry that doesn't really exist)

Stewie Griffin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Stewie Griffin »

no matter how bad the tackle was (have not seen it) Bale should really STFU with some of his comments about it also... Calling Adam a coward was plain :oops:

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Stupid tackle......Id be pissed if i was Bale, considering Adam snapped his ankle ligaments last year in a nasty challenge. Average player, be surprised if we see much of him this year.........

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Stewie Griffin wrote:no matter how bad the tackle was (have not seen it) Bale should really STFU with some of his comments about it also... Calling Adam a coward was plain :oops:
Tough guys come at you from the front. Blokes with no bottle whack you front behind, especially when they know you can't thump them back.

Charlie by name, Charlie by nature.
Danny Blanchflower

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Stewie Griffin wrote:no matter how bad the tackle was (have not seen it) Bale should really STFU with some of his comments about it also... Calling Adam a coward was plain :oops:
Tough guys come at you from the front. Blokes with no bottle whack you front behind, especially when they know you can't thump them back.

Right. Said player has carried on for half an hour in the game after malicious career threatening assault then played the next Spurs friendly overnight a couple of days later with no problem.

And they call Liverpool fans whingers….

Faith No More
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Faith No More »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Charlie Should've stayed at blackpool, where he looked like he could play !
his time at Liverpool sums up their season in 2011/12.....CRAP!

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Cyril is getting close to being as moronic as DAM and Jimbob....well maybe not but he is doing himself no favours....

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

The Kop wrote:sh*t "tackle" followed by an equally sh*t reaction from avb, bale and kyle runner.
sums it all up really.

(also i think spurs are hunting for a rivalry that doesn't really exist)
Why would Spurs want a rivalry with the Bindippers? We prefer our rivalries with Top 4 clubs not mediocre mid table outfits!

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

It was a bad challenge, but Bale needs to man the fuck up. Same with AVB. Mountains out of mole hills.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kop wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Right. Said player has carried on for half an hour in the game after malicious career threatening assault then played the next Spurs friendly overnight a couple of days later with no problem.

And they call Liverpool fans whingers….
Must have missed the bit where I called it malicious and career threatening. Having trouble with the language?
Nice One Cyril wrote:[Of itself, the tackle was hardly the worst you'll see but it was totally unnecessary, especially given the context of the game
Danny Blanchflower

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Lets be honest everyone knows bale is a girl
AVB wants to be seen to be defending his most prized asset (seen as modric won't be there)
Charlie won't be playing much but a handy back up, squad player which is what we need - depth

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Stuff the tackle - what makes me sick is him turning his back on rep football crying wolf with injury but still managing to turn out for Spurs.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Old Redback wrote:Stuff the tackle - what makes me sick is him turning his back on rep football crying wolf with injury but still managing to turn out for Spurs.
He didnt want to be shown up by Pearce in training.....

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

it's funny that with the tackle like that in a friendly, all the kops still defending adam ..
im having a larf !!

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:It was a bad challenge, but Bale needs to man the fuck up. Same with AVB. Mountains out of mole hills.

Could be deflection from the issues around Bale not turning up to the Olympics perhaps.

Either way i agree, the less said the better.

Ubietz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ubietz »

Of course, this isn’t the first time Adam has butchered Bale with a malicious tackle, with a frankly disgusting challenge back in 2011 – while Adam was still at Blackpool – bringing Bale’s season to a premature conclusion and putting him out of action for the best part of three months…

Here’s what Bale has had to say on the matter:

“I was surprised to see a challenge like that in a friendly. We are over here to build up our fitness and get a good workout. But what he did was over the top. Some people are like that and it’s just wrong.

“It’s flattering if players try to take you out in a game but when it threatens your career it becomes more serious.”

“There are pictures on the internet of what he did before when he snapped all my ankle ligaments. I was out for three months that time and one player told me he went out to do the same thing to me again. He’s come for me twice now – and he’s got me twice.

“From what I’ve seen of him on pitch, I think he’s a bit of a coward. I haven’t had an apology from him or anything like that. But I don’t really want one from him, to be honest.

“That’s what kind of person he is like. He’s done it before. I’m not going to accept his apology.”
«Εμείς μαζί για μια ζωή»

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

latest rumour adam to everton for 5 mill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Is bale saying adams shouldn't be tackling hard because it's a "friendly". What a load of tosh!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:Is bale saying adams shouldn't be tackling hard because it's a "friendly". What a load of tosh!
He's saying Adam shouldn't be kicking him when the ball is 3 yards away :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Is bale saying adams shouldn't be tackling hard because it's a "friendly". What a load of tosh!

shiraz Bale, he should be kicked on and off the park the panzy :wink:

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

delfino_1936 wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

shiraz Bale, he should be kicked on and off the park the (chimp)panzy :wink:
Fixed. :wink:
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
delfino_1936 wrote: shiraz Bale, he should be kicked on and off the park the (chimp)panzy :wink:
Unusually clever - you must have taken your pills today :wink:

And apt :lol:

Adam's still a champagne though :twisted:
Danny Blanchflower

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:
delfino_1936 wrote: shiraz Bale, he should be kicked on and off the park the (chimp)panzy :wink:
Unusually clever - you must have taken your pills today :wink:

And apt :lol:

Adam's still a champagne though :twisted:

hahahaha brilliant banter lads!