Rangers gets boot from Top Tier of SPL

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Rangers gets boot from Top Tier of SPL

Post by Gers »

Basically Rangers dont exist!!Then who is that training at Murray Park then Dhudley? The whole world watches only the top tiers in football....what a load of mince some blokes write on here! Rangers will always exist no matter how much that upsets you. A Light Shone In The Night,Somewhere Ahead....W.A.T.P.
MON THE GERS

dudley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by dudley »

seriously you think people are going to give a hoot about rangers playing in the 3rd division once the top tier SPL starts
the media the money the viewing audience crave the elite competitions all around the world.

tell me who plays in the 3rd divisions in italy, germany, england......answer....takes a while without google doesnt it.

now name 1 team in the topflight in those countries, answer a little quicker did we.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rangers might as well be dead now.no one would notice anyway.

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

So Setanta show the Blue Square League...no one tunes in. Fox show the Championship according to you no one will tune into that either, wonder why they broadcast them then? If RANGERS do go to the third division then their games wont be broadcast I imagine except on GERS T.V. But on the other hand if they get put in the first division I would expect TV companies will broadcast the games. No I dont know who is in third divisions in other countries why would I? Thousands world wide will follow Rangers no matter what division they are in. But of course it may be a bit hard cause they dont exist according to you!
MON THE GERS

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Gers wrote:So Setanta show the Blue Square League...no one tunes in. Fox show the Championship according to you no one will tune into that either, wonder why they broadcast them then? If RANGERS do go to the third division then their games wont be broadcast I imagine except on GERS T.V. But on the other hand if they get put in the first division I would expect TV companies will broadcast the games. No I dont know who is in third divisions in other countries why would I? Thousands world wide will follow Rangers no matter what division they are in. But of course it may be a bit hard cause they dont exist according to you!
There is no team existing as rangers atm
ImageImage

yogi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by yogi »

DOC wrote:
Gers wrote:So Setanta show the Blue Square League...no one tunes in. Fox show the Championship according to you no one will tune into that either, wonder why they broadcast them then? If RANGERS do go to the third division then their games wont be broadcast I imagine except on GERS T.V. But on the other hand if they get put in the first division I would expect TV companies will broadcast the games. No I dont know who is in third divisions in other countries why would I? Thousands world wide will follow Rangers no matter what division they are in. But of course it may be a bit hard cause they dont exist according to you!
There is no team existing as rangers atm
Because they are skint................... :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

DOC wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:A celtic fan calling someone a bigot, that's funny.

Looking forward to the marches myself. Pity the catholics can't accept these traditional celebrations of good beating evil. I might have to get my flute out and play The Sash. You'd have loved my celebration for the hat trick at the weekend.
mate way too obvious a troll, poor form :lol:

but im guessing the celebration was something like gazza is doing? yeah karma caught up with him :lol:
Not as good as Gazza's because we were chasing the game at the time and there was no scum to wind up. However, my irish mate joined in. We played in red and not orange though.

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

thewabster wrote:Rangers get the boot from Scottish Premier League July 5, 2012 - 8:43AM

Rangers were dramatically kicked out of the Scottish Premier League after rival clubs voted overwhelmingly to exclude the ailing Glasgow giants, it was confirmed on Wednesday.

The soon-to-be-liquidated Ibrox club had applied to rejoin the league next season after reforming as a new company, but its request was turned down following a vote of the other clubs which make up the Scottish top flight.

"At today's general meeting, SPL clubs today voted overwhelmingly to reject the application from Rangers newco to join the SPL," a statement from the SPL said.

Advertisement: Story continues below The statement came after more than five hours of talks at Hampden as Rangers' new management clung on to the hope of staving off exclusion.

It caps a humiliating fall from grace for the most successful club in Scottish football, which was plunged into crisis earlier this year after entering administration following a tax dispute.

It was not immediately clear where Rangers' new incarnation will begin life next season. One option under consideration is to start in the First Division - the league below the SPL.

The SPL, Scottish Football League and Scottish Football Association are all pushing for the First Division option, which would also include significant league reform and a STG1 million ($A1.55 million) payment for the second tier's television rights.

Safeguarding the multi-million dollar commercial deals on which all of Scotland's professional clubs rely so heavily is central to the issue, with a new TV deal worth STG80 million ($A122.9 million) over five seasons reputedly dependent on the screening of four Old Firm derbies between Rangers and Celtic a season.

Broadcasters are said to be prepared to go no more than one year without these showcase matches.

Already clubs in the lower leagues are speaking out against the prospect of Rangers going straight into the First Division, despite being told by the SFL that their own existence would be at risk if Rangers are forced to start in the Third Division.

The view of many lower league clubs is that Rangers should be forced to start from the bottom of the league ladder, as has happened in the past when clubs have been punished for financial mismanagement.

In 2008, Gretna was relegated from the SPL to the Third Division - and then went bust - after being unable to guarantee that it would fulfil its fixtures, while a year later, Livingston was relegated from the First Division to the Third Division after breaching league rules on insolvency.

"However, they will still be playing in the Third Division and guess what, they will have Rangers supporters supporting them....same club, different entity, same spirit, I think there is a club in our state's State league in exactly the same position"

I think there is a club in our state's State league in exactly the same position"

Just one?
I heard a Super league club also can't collect sponsor money and are in overdraft.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

the most successful club in Scottish football, .

Safeguarding the multi-million dollar commercial deals on which all of Scotland's professional clubs rely so heavily is central to the issue, with a new TV deal worth STG80 million ($A122.9 million) over five seasons reputedly dependent on the screening of four Old Firm derbies between Rangers and Celtic a season.

Broadcasters are said to be prepared to go no more than one year without these showcase matches.

There's the only important part to remember and what proves what the sensible people have been saying all along.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

God is an Englishman wrote:

There's the only important part to remember and what proves what the sensible people have been saying all along.
Reportedly, are said to

No quotes in the articles, all speculation
ImageImage

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DOC wrote:

Reportedly, are said to

No quotes in the articles, all speculation

You're so naive!!

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Nope, you don't think the clubs would have known this, and if true changed their vote? Or maybe this is all crap

And maybe the clubs have budgeted well enough that they don't need rangers games

And with the league being more competitive I predict bigger crowds
ImageImage

Faith No More
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Faith No More »

DOC wrote:Nope, you don't think the clubs would have known this, and if true changed their vote? Or maybe this is all crap

And maybe the clubs have budgeted well enough that they don't need rangers games

they will be flocking in to see Ross County v Hibs !
I can see it now, packed to the rafters for that & that other blockbuster Hearts v St.Mirren !
Don't kid yourself...SPL is a joke !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Faith No More wrote:
DOC wrote:Nope, you don't think the clubs would have known this, and if true changed their vote? Or maybe this is all crap

I can see it now, packed to the rafters for that & that other blockbuster Hearts v St.Mirren !
One more European spot available, fans will still follow their teams

And yes we know the spl is a poor standard but Celtic is the team I go for so I don't care
ImageImage

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

DOC wrote:
Faith No More wrote:

One more European spot available, fans will still follow their teams

And yes we know the spl is a poor standard but Celtic is the team I go for so I don't care
:lol: Whoop de fricking doo. It's two extra games because whoever they play will thump them.
Last edited by Nice One Cyril on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Yeah, I reckon the rangers v celtic sell outs and losing 50k (??) every fortnight will be easily replaced :lol:

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Yeah, I reckon the rangers v celtic sell outs and losing 50k (??) every fortnight will be easily replaced :lol:
rangers attendances dropped off this season, i thought they didn't do walking away? will be interesting to see how many are there round 1 :lol:
ImageImage

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

Rangers attendances dropped of according to you? The total attendance for the last five home games was 240,695 that averages out at 48,139 spectators at a stadium that holds 51,000!!! It was a bad season off the field for THE RANGERS but the fans stood by the club...."as in the days of the gallant pioneers" W.A.T.P.
MON THE GERS

yogi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by yogi »

Gers wrote:Rangers attendances dropped of according to you? The total attendance for the last five home games was 240,695 that averages out at 48,139 spectators at a stadium that holds 51,000!!! It was a bad season off the field for THE RANGERS but the fans stood by the club...."as in the days of the gallant pioneers" W.A.T.P.
It doesn't matter anyway,,,,,,,,The HUNS are Dead ! :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

yogi wrote:
Gers wrote:Rangers attendances dropped of according to you? The total attendance for the last five home games was 240,695 that averages out at 48,139 spectators at a stadium that holds 51,000!!! It was a bad season off the field for THE RANGERS but the fans stood by the club...."as in the days of the gallant pioneers" W.A.T.P.
It doesn't matter anyway,,,,,,,,The HUNS are Dead ! :lol:
New Rangers will be back better than ever as good will always prevail over evil

Wonder if you'll have caught their league titles by the time they are back in the top flight, I doubt it!

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

"Our very success,gained you will agree by skill,will draw more people than ever to see it. And that WILL BENEFIT MORE CLUBS THAN RANGERS!
No matter the days of anxiety that come our way,we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to overcome." 54 and counting! W.A.T.P.
MON THE GERS

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

You keep saying we are the people, but what does that even mean? We are all people
ImageImage

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DOC wrote:You keep saying we are the people, but what does that even mean? We are all people
I took it to represent that they are the club for all scots, not just those who ran out of potatoes.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

DOC wrote:You keep saying we are the people, but what does that even mean? We are all people
I took it to represent that they are the club for all scots, not just those who ran out of potatoes.
:lol:

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

again way to obvious, you expect me to bite? mate you're losing your touch
ImageImage

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DOC wrote:
Love the way that when I say somemthing you have no answer for you call me out for "fishing".

Gers
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gers »

For the uneducated...We Are The People comes from the old Rangers song..We follow Glasgow Rangers our hearts are strong and true, We Are The People,Who cheer the boys in blue! There endith the lesson sportsfans :D W.A.T.P.
MON THE GERS

yogi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by yogi »

DOC wrote:
Or his hair,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LMFAO !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

yogi wrote: Or his hair,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LMFAO !
Personal insults just show you have nothing left to argue.

I'm not losing my hair anyway, you've used the wrong tense.

yogi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by yogi »

yogi wrote: Or his hair,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LMFAO !
Personal insults just show you have nothing left to argue.

I'm not losing my hair anyway, you've used the wrong tense.
Mate,,,,,,,,who says I was talking about you !

P.S. I didnt no it wuz an englisch leson on heer.

dudley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by dudley »

rangers hurry up and play in div 3 already...goodluck for the upcoming season :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: