Chelsea CL Champions

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Chelsea CL Champions

Post by ruud »

Anti-football wins again...

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Chelsea CL Champions

Post by Victoria's Secret »

If you don't take your chances you don't deserve to win.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Congrats Chelski kings of Europe

Enjoy Europa league spurs
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Didn't Mourinho get sacked for this type of football?

Cech went the right way for every penalty :shock:

Hard to believe Roman has been at Chelsea for 10 years now
Feel Good Inc.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

ruud wrote:Anti-football wins occasionally ...
Fixed
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

massive lolz at Spurs
see you in the europa ya mugs :lol:
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Los Del Eague wrote:massive lolz at Spurs
Nobody to blame but themselves. We had numerous chances to finish above Arsenal but failed every time.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

I am about to go out for the day so need to log out so won reply for hours but...do you think 'Arry took his eye off the ball and was hoping for England?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

NickyTanner wrote:I am about to go out for the day so need to log out so won reply for hours but...do you think 'Arry took his eye off the ball and was hoping for England?
I'll phone him later and ask him :wink:

We'll never know if it was a factor, but it's highly suspicious that their slump in form coincides with the start of the rumours. Personally, I think he was found lacking with the loans he allowed, especially Pienaar, and was tactically poor with the way he allowed Bale to come inside so much, the way Defoe was woefully underused compared to VdV, the way we failed to really attack poor sides.

But then, had he have done exactly what I wanted, we might finished fifth, who knows?
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Bovver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bovver »

Gutsy effort by Chelsea to win the CL as penalties aren't there strong point.A few nervous moments throughout the last 10mins of normal time and the great save by Cech in the first few minutes of extra time,but overall great effort.Hope they keep Di Matteo as I feel he deserves it after the mess he was left by AVB.Fantastic for Drogba to score both important goals, a day he and Chelsea fans will never forget!! As for Spurs unlucky predigament to be in to be relagated to the Europa league by Chelsea winning the final, and after a 4th place finish in the league,but thats football! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I was a childhood genius but suffered from ADD i invented dice and bubble wrap when i was 6 years of age and the money was put in a trust fund until i was 30- when I was 30 i got the money i went Las vegas and blew 90% of it in the first week"

Bovver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bovver »

Los Del Eague wrote:massive lolz at Spurs
:lol: :lol: along with Liverpool :lol: :lol:
"I was a childhood genius but suffered from ADD i invented dice and bubble wrap when i was 6 years of age and the money was put in a trust fund until i was 30- when I was 30 i got the money i went Las vegas and blew 90% of it in the first week"

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

ruud wrote:Anti-football wins again...
Honestly sick of hearing and seeing these types of comments.

Please explain in detail how it is anti football. Is there a set way that all teams MUST play? If so why? Who says?

And do it properly, or are you a Craig Foster type wanker that thinks that unless you play tiki taka barca stuff you deserve to win just because you look good.

Remind me how many trophies Arsenal have won of late playing "not anti football".

Absolutely rubbish comment.

For the record, I was hoping that Bayern would win as I had picked them all season, however Chelsea have to be congratulated - did it against the odds starting with the win at home to Napoli. Good luck to them I say.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

I am not a Craig Foster fan whatsoever.

However I can recognise when 1 team comes out to play and the other just plants 11 men inside their own penalty box and hopes for the best with 1 or 2 counters in a game

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Chelsea just stole millions of Man City fans
Feel Good Inc.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Bovver

see you in the europa ya mugs

along with Liverpool
only when they visit swansea........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

i knew the longer the game went on that they would win, especially with all the luck that they had.
It was sad because u want to watch a gd game as a nutreal, but chelsea wouldnt care

only glad to see lamps do well, rate him as a player, and was hoping he'd score his penalty
thought Cole was solid back there, and drogba jst does it in big games(he staying or going?)
as for john terry, what a disgrace as a club captain. instead of sitting back n enjoying his teams success, he strips his suit off to reveal his kit
and then goes and joins in the celebrations by puting a medal around his neck and lifting the trophy with lamps. he got suspended for a stupid incidedent which nearly cost his team the chance to play in the final, then does that and shows no class

as Paul Scholes once said: "Me and Roy got medals but they didn’t mean anything to either of us. You have to play in the final to warrant a medal."

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ruud wrote:I am not a Craig Foster fan whatsoever.

However I can recognise when 1 team comes out to play and the other just plants 11 men inside their own penalty box and hopes for the best with 1 or 2 counters in a game
Then it's up to the team with all the possession to work out how to break them down, score and force them to come out to play. There is an art to playing teams that park the bus.
Danny Blanchflower

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Then it's up to the team with all the possession to work out how to break them down, score and force them to come out to play. There is an art to playing teams that park the bus.
Relax he's a Holland supporter and is happy to lose as long as you play good football it doesn't matter.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

You always need luck to win these tournaments. We've had more than any other team and that's what it comes down to in the end.
If you had told me Messi, Robben and Schweinsteiger would miss pens, i'd have told you you're crazy.

The Chelsea players played for eachother so much more than they did under AVB, and today all i saw was alot of self sacrifice from the so called " big egos".

It makes me happy to know that when it counts, guys like Torres and Drogba sprint back from the attack to join the defense, and then on the flipside Cahill was clenching his hammy throughout the whole game, stayed on, and shut out Mario Gomez for 120 minutes. You can't teach someone to have heart, but everyone Chelsea player on that pitch showed it.

I'm so happy for the old guard, they deserved this for heartbreak they've had in past years.
For the newer blokes it's spectacular too, Torres, Mata, Romeu, Mereieles, and Cahill would have won nothing this year had they not come to Chelsea. Now they are all European Champions.

They can call it anti-football if they like, but the effort, work ethic, togetherness and self sacrifice, is something that Chelsea did ALOT better than their opponents today.

LASTLY. Looks like Torres is hating life at Chelsea still.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Congrats Litmanen.

Chelsea are still scum though. :wink:
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:Congrats Litmanen.

I've been getting that all morning :) (the scum part), Thanks mate!
Last edited by Litmanen on Sun May 20, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rulebritannia
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rulebritannia »

Robben choking isnt exactly a winning strategy

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Litmanen wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:Congrats Litmanen.

I've been getting that all morning :) (the scum part), Thanks mate!
You guys deserved it, regardless of all the comments about anti-football.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Hibs seven
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Hibs seven »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
Honestly sick of hearing and seeing these types of comments.

Please explain in detail how it is anti football. Is there a set way that all teams MUST play? If so why? Who says?

And do it properly, or are you a Craig Foster type wanker that thinks that unless you play tiki taka barca stuff you deserve to win just because you look good.

Remind me how many trophies Arsenal have won of late playing "not anti football".

Absolutely rubbish comment.

For the record, I was hoping that Bayern would win as I had picked them all season, however Chelsea have to be congratulated - did it against the odds starting with the win at home to Napoli. Good luck to them I say.
Agree 100% percent, Champs league final is a one off, any club that can beat Barca in a semi and Bayer (at home) in a final deserve lots of credit. Well done Chelsea..

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

congrat chelsea .. I like the way how the players show the passion for the whole 120 minutes ..
feel sorry for spurs though, i think they deserve to be in Champion League :(

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ronaldo07 wrote:congrat chelsea .. I like the way how the players show the passion for the whole 120 minutes ..
feel sorry for spurs though, i think they deserve to be in Champion League :(
That's rubbish, you get what you deserve at the end of a 38 game season. Spurs weren't good enough, simple as that.
Danny Blanchflower

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

Oi, Le Knob.......
I'm not a Chelsea or John Terry fan, but watched an english team
Win the european cup for the 1st time in their history, and I
Was happy that JT clobbered up to join fat frank, he's the club captain
And deserves to be there to celebrate the win, after all, its their
1st, it showed great solidarity and a great team spirit.
They deserve credit for their campaign results, just like Liverpool
In 05.
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Agree, and millions, and millions, and millions of people around the world have to watch that crap..... and try to be entertained...
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Los Del Eague wrote:Oi, Le Knob.......
I'm not a Chelsea or John Terry fan, but watched an english team
Win the european cup for the 1st time in their history, and I
Was happy that JT clobbered up to join fat frank, he's the club captain
And deserves to be there to celebrate the win, after all, its their
1st, it showed great solidarity and a great team spirit.
They deserve credit for their campaign results, just like Liverpool
In 05.
deserved to be there after nearly stuffing his teams chances up with a stupid sending off at the nou camp?
yeh ok what ever you rkn. celebrate on the pitch later with ur players and staff
but dont go up there and take credit after them lads put in a solid effort in the final and also the effort they put in at the nou camp

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Željko Jurin wrote:

Agree, and millions, and millions, and millions of people around the world have to watch that crap..... and try to be entertained...
Chelsea have just won the greatest trophy in club football for the first time in their club's history.

But they're pretty disappointed with their performance.