England squad announced for the netherlands game

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

England squad announced for the netherlands game

Post by Litmanen »

Some weird inclusions/exclusions tbh.

No Lamps is the big one, somehow Gareth Barry and Downing got in though.

Campbell is a bit of a surprise, but i guess who else do you put in the squad? (agbonlahor is the only other one that springs to mind)

That defense is a real worry, if the young guys don't stand up they'll get smashed.

England Squad - In-full:

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Robert Green (West Ham United).

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Forwards: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

STOP THE bottle of shiraz PRESS, NO HESKEY!?!?!?!?!?!? THIS MANAGER DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING.

EDIT: would have like to have seen Oxlade-Chamberlain get a gig too, especially ahead of Downing.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: England squad announced for the netherlands game

Post by The Kop »

Downing doesn't deserve to be there at all, he's been rubbish lately.
Carroll, in all seriousness, unlucky not to be picked. His last month of football has been quite good.

Defence looks - at international level - weak.

Has Cleverley played an EPL game in the last 3-4 months?

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

The Kop wrote:Downing doesn't deserve to be there at all, he's been rubbish lately.
Carroll, in all seriousness, unlucky not to be picked. His last month of football has been quite good.

Defence looks - at international level - weak.

Has Cleverley played an EPL game in the last 3-4 months?
Agreed. Carroll should be in, Downing shouldn't.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Downing has been poor this season. Oxlade woulda been good to see, but of raw talent.
Why are people surprised there's no Carroll? Kop mentions that cleverley hasn't played for 4 months n fair enough, but Carroll? C'mon the blokes been playing n still can't get in the team, what's that tell u....

Why no John terry? Thought he was fit?

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Le King wrote:Why no John terry? Thought he was fit?
6-8 weeks out.
Time for some righteous indignation

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

Terry is injured and out for about 6 weeks apparently.

Agreed that Oxlade Chamberlain is the glaring omission.

Would have been nice to see England go the whole hog with youngsters and bite the bullett - it worked for Germany.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Defence looks average. Phil Jones? :lol:
Ignore this signature

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Bomber wrote:Defence looks average. Phil Jones? :lol:

beta chance of scoring than Carroll, tbh!
so
:lol:

ps, who is the new england coach?

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Bomber wrote:Defence looks average. Phil Jones? :lol:

If anyone was going to replace Carragher it's Jones, the own goals he scores are amazing at times.

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

Gerrard captain?

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Robert Green (West Ham United).

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Forwards: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).
Scott Carson??
Stewart Downing??

Look strong doing forward..... Campbell wont get a run, although pearce loves him
HA'WAY THE LADS

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

My two cents...

Walcott has been shite, why is he there??
Jones in the same boat as above..
Cambell??? :lol: International level
Two backup keepers are a joke...as most English keeper have been in recent years

Keep Downing as hes good out wide, drying the ball etc for the lads :lol:

Bring in Ox, not due to him being at Arsenal, but as stated, raw enrgetic talent and lack of respect due to his age of opponents.
Jagielka has been in decent form, better than that of Jones, although Jones' early season form may have got him over the line
If Campbell is good enough, so too are Liecester City's Danns, Defoe, Carroll etc. For me if this is thge case, why not try Sunderlands Connor Wickham :?: At 6'2, hes agile, fast and has a decent eye for the goals......Bleed in the new breed.

My lineup:
Hart (c)
Richards/Walker/Johnson Cahill Smalling Cole
Gerrard Parker Barry Young
Rooney Bent

Hart for captain, Gerrard will not be around too much longer, look to the future.
Any of the right halves can do the job
First choice subs:
Johnson (city)
Any of the right halves
Milner
Walcott/Ox, depending who was there
Sturridge
Keeper???

If this wernt a friendly thats my team of choice of what there is to choose from..
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

^ Why on earth should Bent get a run ahead of Welbeck?
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I reckon Gold Coast United's Youth Team could beat that lot. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one Clive!
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:^ Why on earth should Bent get a run ahead of Welbeck?
As much as Bent is a prick and a traitor and I hate his guts, I refuse to justify your question with an answer :roll:
HA'WAY THE LADS

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Quantity over quality perhaps? He does score alot of goals.. alot of cabernet goals, but goals nonetheless.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Litmanen wrote:

Quantity over quality perhaps? He does score alot of goals.. alot of cabernet goals, but goals nonetheless.
Welbeck has a lot more to his game than Bent. Would add so much more to the England side.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Litmanen wrote:

Precisely this! His goals to game ratio, even in the national side is impressive. He and young form a great partnership recently.

You are the expert pundit apparently *cough* bow ties, feed us a lineup you'd play.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

So you're going to hide behind the stats here?

If you've watched them both play, there's no comparison between them. Welbeck is a much better player.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:So you're going to hide behind the stats here?

If you've watched them both play, there's no comparison between them. Welbeck is a much better player.
Welbeck plays for probably the most professional side English football has ever seen. I have actually seen Bent play live. His work off the ball is brilliant. As for Welbeck, it's not hard to look great in an amazing side, pity Anderson and co can't back this up.
So where's my hiding behind stats then kid.
Stat, who's scored more goals this season?....hint... he's played less games too and for a worse side.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Chaos wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:So you're going to hide behind the stats here?

Welbeck plays for probably the most professional side English football has ever seen. I have actually seen Bent play live. His work off the ball is brilliant. As for Welbeck, it's not hard to look great in an amazing side, pity Anderson and co can't back this up.
So where's my hiding behind stats then kid.
Stat, who's scored more goals this season?....hint... he's played less games too and for a worse side.
So it's not hard to look good in an amazing side, yet 'Anderson and co' aren't. Flawed logic, 'kid'.

And you keep going back to goals scored. Congratulations, you figured out that Bent scores goals. You should be a scout.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Pearce said he left Chamberlain out as he will be playing for the under 21's in a Euro game and feels that will be more important for him and England rather than playing a small cameo roll in the 1st team.

justmyopinion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by justmyopinion »

Fairly average squad, the best thing England had going for it was that Italian gaffer.....now hes gone and we really look F........U......!...............K......ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

Dutch squad announced, a few debutants in the team which is always good!

GK: Maarten Stekelenburg (AS Roma), Tim Krul (Newcastle United), Michel Vorm (Swansea City)

Defense: Khalid Boulahrouz (VfB Stuttgart), Jeffrey Bruma (Hamburger SV), John Heitinga (Everton), Joris Mathijsen (Málaga), Erik Pieters (PSV), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Midfield: Mark van Bommel (AC Milan), Urby Emanuelson (AC Milan), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City), Stijn Schaars (Sporting Lissabon), Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale), Kevin Strootman (PSV), Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham Hotspur)

Attack: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04), Ola John, Luuk de Jong (beiden FC Twente), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Luciano Narsingh (SC Heerenveen), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Bayern München) en Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV).

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

ruud wrote:Dutch squad announced, a few debutants in the team which is always good!

GK: Maarten Stekelenburg (AS Roma), Tim Krul (Newcastle United), Michel Vorm (Swansea City)

Defense: Khalid Boulahrouz (VfB Stuttgart), Jeffrey Bruma (Hamburger SV), John Heitinga (Everton), Joris Mathijsen (Málaga), Erik Pieters (PSV), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Midfield: Mark van Bommel (AC Milan), Urby Emanuelson (AC Milan), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City), Stijn Schaars (Sporting Lissabon), Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale), Kevin Strootman (PSV), Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham Hotspur)

Attack: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04), Ola John, Luuk de Jong (beiden FC Twente), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Luciano Narsingh (SC Heerenveen), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Bayern München) en Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV).
Never realised how gifted the Dutch were with 'keepers. That's three excellent goalies you've got there.

BrickTop
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BrickTop »

I'm surprised Gerrard is included and Lampard isn't.

The Ox should have got included over Downing, all day, every day.

Campbell has ben doing okay, but Carroll should feel slightly unlucky. Had a great month.
Tommy: We've lost Gorgeous George.

Brick Top: Well, where'd you lose him? He ain't a set of fucking car keys now, is he? And it ain't as if he's incon-fucking-spicuous now, is it?

BlackBrian_7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BlackBrian_7 »

Where's Fat Frank?

Also surprised there weren't any Ajax players called in from the team that beat the scum bags yesterday.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Who says you lot aren't fascinated by England?

BlackBrian_7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BlackBrian_7 »

Australians do tend to enjoy black humour.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

BlackBrian_7 wrote:Australians do tend to enjoy black humour.

Another thing you got from the English.