Happy Birthday Jari Litmanen

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

BrickTop
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Happy Birthday Jari Litmanen

Post by BrickTop »

Lucas is god wrote:Just because Fowler had a second less successful stint doesn't mean he wasn't at one point a world class player by that same reasoning you could argue that because Torres has suffered a massive form slump he was never world class which just is not the case.

Fowler, Rush, Barnes, Gerrard, Alonso, Torres, Hyypia, Owen, Reina, Carragher, McManaman.

Players I feel will be considered world class:
Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Suarez, Carroll, Kelly and Dirk Kuyt*.

*Any player who helps his nation to a world cup final in his non preferred position and is currently the 11th highest goal scorer and 8th most capped player has to be considered world class in my opinion especially when this player has managed this despite the glaring weaknesses in his game and his actions of the pitch mean that if he is not considered a world class player he is at least a class human being.

No offence to spurs fans but I don't consider Bale or VDV to be world class. Modric and King are.
Wait wait wait.... I support Liverpool, but you are saying Bale & VDV aren't world class yet Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Carroll, KELLY and D.K are? Surely you are fishing?
Tommy: We've lost Gorgeous George.

Brick Top: Well, where'd you lose him? He ain't a set of fucking car keys now, is he? And it ain't as if he's incon-fucking-spicuous now, is it?

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

“will be” is the obvious operative phrase there which you missed.

Liverpool have had a decent amount of WC players the last 20 years. Problem being they’ve all come – and gone – at different stages. Never had more than 4-5 at once to mount an unbeatable team.
08/09 was the best side we’ve had in yonks. Torres, Gerrard, Reina and Xabi would have comfortably been in the top 25 players of that season.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

@Ginger

Brian Stein, David Moss and Ricky Hill. All world beaters.

BrickTop
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BrickTop »

The Kop wrote:“will be” is the obvious operative phrase there which you missed.

Liverpool have had a decent amount of WC players the last 20 years. Problem being they’ve all come – and gone – at different stages. Never had more than 4-5 at once to mount an unbeatable team.
08/09 was the best side we’ve had in yonks. Torres, Gerrard, Reina and Xabi would have comfortably been in the top 25 players of that season.
The following paragraph goes on to say that D.K must be considered world class because of what he has done for his country. So I gathered the 'will be' was not pertaining to the future, more so what others thought.

Either way, if you are throwing those Liverpool players in there, then Bale and VDV 'will be' world class too.
Tommy: We've lost Gorgeous George.

Brick Top: Well, where'd you lose him? He ain't a set of fucking car keys now, is he? And it ain't as if he's incon-fucking-spicuous now, is it?

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

I agree.

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

NickyTanner wrote:@Ginger

Brian Stein, David Moss and Ricky Hill. All world beaters.
You forgot Malcolm McDonald, Paul Walsh, Kerry Dixon and Kingsley Black off of that list :wink:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Paul Walsh.....truly exceptional.

I wanted to have Walsh's children on this day. Although Whelan's goal Hoddle would have been proud of!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvdlXpjtxDA

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

NickyTanner wrote:Paul Walsh.....truly exceptional.

I wanted to have Walsh's children on this day. Although Whelan's goal Hoddle would have been proud of!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvdlXpjtxDA

:shock:

Lucas is god
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Lucas is god »

BrickTop wrote:

The following paragraph goes on to say that D.K must be considered world class because of what he has done for his country. So I gathered the 'will be' was not pertaining to the future, more so what others thought.

Either way, if you are throwing those Liverpool players in there, then Bale and VDV 'will be' world class too.
Will be is the operative word there, that's not to say Bale or VDV won't be considered world class one day. I don't feel Dirks full worth will be felt until after he is gone.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

In future years Dirk will never go down as a world great.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

NickyTanner wrote:In future years Dirk will never go down as a world great.
Put those red specs back on, you're much more fun then. :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Lucas is god wrote:
BrickTop wrote:

Will be is the operative word there, that's not to say Bale or VDV won't be considered world class one day. I don't feel Dirks full worth will be felt until after he is gone.
VDV, if he's not considered world class right now, will never be. And I don't think he's world class right now. He's just a very good player. Bale, if he's not already, will be in a few years time (barring injuries).
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I dont think VDV will either TBH.

I am always truthful, no need for glasses of any colour!

Now this player was world class.

A famous goal for many many reasons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOkZOcMjBe4