Suarez: Im sorry for being a tw*t

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Suarez: Im sorry for being a tw*t

Post by ronaldo07 »

Glad that you realized your behavior is disgraceful, but it's too late ..

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Suarez: Im sorry for being a tw*t

Post by Le King »

What? But I've seen these photos n it shows that evra lowered his hand n didn't shake suarez's so why is suarez saying sorry... :clown:

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

Liverpool's owners stepping up to the plate and putting the star player and the manager in their place ?

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

vertu1 wrote:Liverpool's owners stepping up to the plate and putting the star player and the manager in their place ?
Well they had too, they had been gettin so much stick for it. Like Fergie said, liverpool is a club of history and tradition, and suarez is tarnishing there image

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

No doubt KOP and BowTies will still be telling us the Earth is flat :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Yes I agree. Suarez should have just grabbed evra's lowered hand

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

Le King wrote:
vertu1 wrote:Liverpool's owners stepping up to the plate and putting the star player and the manager in their place ?
Well they had too, they had been gettin so much stick for it. Like Fergie said, liverpool is a club of history and tradition, and suarez is tarnishing there image
And they must absolutely hate hearing that from a rival. Dalglish tried to say that it was wrong for Fergie to say that about another club (probably right, though) and then got smacked by the powers that be who pretty much agreed with what Fergie said... Ouch!!
Who?... Who is but a form, followed by the function of what... And what I am, is a man in a mask!

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Fergie has no right to say that thought. Some of his own players have done worse yet he has played them. He is an absolute tool.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

finally........ an apology by both Kenny and Luis!

lets hope the matter is put to rest, tbh!

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

On Sunday, ’s hand was finally forced as they ostracised the controversial following his decision to snub ’s handshake, in order to salvage the club’s quickly diminishing image.

The 25-year-old had backtracked on an agreement with his paymasters to put the issue to bed, with Managing Director Ian Ayre even suggesting the former Ajax man had “misled” the Anfield outfit by refusing to draw a line under October’s race incident.

Suarez was widely condemned for his actions, and his manager Kenny Dalglish looked worn and out of his depth as he once again defended the striker – now after Liverpool’s change of stance, the Scotsman looks farcical.

Yet perhaps the biggest catalyst in the Red’s decision to finally take hold of the issue lies in the American media. With the New York Times calling on Fenway Sports Group, Liverpool’s owners, to tackle the racism storm which has embroiled the club, while the Boston Herald, the local newspaper of John W. Henry, also taking a front page lead on the Suarez debacle.

It certainly seems things go too close to home for the Liverpool hierarchy, and whilst the passage of time may heal wounds between rival clubs, it has certainly gone too far for Suarez to reverse the stigma.

That even Dalglish himself apologised for his, now seemingly ludicrous, suggestion that the striker had done nothing wrong in Manchester speaks volumes about the the Anfield outfit's stance on the issue. Enough was quite clearly enough in the upper echelons of the Liverpool board room - for the Scot to deliver such a stand down only reinforces the point. This is an issue

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has apologized after refusing to shake Patrice Evra's hand in yesterday's Premier League match against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

The Uruguayan was heavily criticized for failing to shake the United captain’s hand prior to the match which the Red Devils won 2-1.

It was Suarez's second match back for Liverpool following his eight-game ban for racially abusing Evra in the reverse tie at Anfield last October.

The Frenchman had offered his hand to Suarez but he appeared to ignore the defender and instead shook the hand of United goalkeeper David De Gea.

Evra proceeded to grab his opponents arm and try and pull him back, however the South American did not look back and carried on along the line.

Following the end of the game United manager Sir Alex Ferguson branded Suarez a disgrace to Liverpool and said he should never be allowed to play for the club again.

"I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realize I got things wrong," Suarez said via a statement on Liverpool's official website.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologize for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

Liverpool's managing director, Ian Arye also issued a statement on the matter, saying that the club was disappointed in Suarez.

The statement read: "We are extremely disappointed Luis Suarez did not shake hands with Patrice Evra before yesterday's game. The player had told us beforehand that he would, but then chose not to do so.

"He was wrong to mislead us and wrong not to offer his hand to Patrice Evra. He has not only let himself down, but also Kenny Dalglish, his teammates and the Club. It has been made absolutely clear to Luis Suarez that his behavior was not acceptable. "Luis Suarez has now apologized for his actions which was the right thing to do. However, all of us have a duty to behave in a responsible manner and we hope that he now understands what is expected of anyone representing Liverpool Football Club."

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

totsreds08 wrote:Fergie has no right to say that thought. Some of his own players have done worse yet he has played them. He is an absolute tool.
Maybe/Maybe not. But getting told to apologize by the powers that be after Fergie's already come out said what he did, has got to hurt.
Who?... Who is but a form, followed by the function of what... And what I am, is a man in a mask!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I feel sorry for Kenny, Suarez's actions left him stuck between a rock and hard place. He should have used the Wenger excuse of 'I didn't see anything' and stayed schtum.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

The most unlikely scapegoat, however, is in the process of being canonised on Merseyside. Luis Suárez – found guilty of racially abusing a rival player – is being portrayed by Liverpool FC as the innocent subject of an unholy conspiracy, the unhappy target of malevolent forces anxious to see him depart from our shores.

According to the club, Suárez has done nothing wrong. The fault in this incident lies with his duplicitous accuser, with the incompetent match officials, with the system of justice that spitefully victimised him. With anyone, in fact, except the player who has done nothing more than exercise his inviolable right to make disparaging remarks about a fellow citizen’s skin colour.

Suárez has apologised but remains is in danger of being targeted with abuse, of being unfairly ostracised by fans given the green light by a system institutionally biased against Liverpool’s interests. He will need protection and, if he is not, sources suggest, he may be driven from the English game.

Of course all of this is nonsense. Indeed, it is possible to suggest that through their clumsy, cack-handed and entirely ill-advised actions, the club has made Suárez’s post-ban life more treacherous than it need be.

The truth is, English football in the 21st century is not a forum much concerned with the rigours of natural justice. As Liverpool’s response to adversity demonstrated, the primary instinct within the game is to back your own side right or wrong. Tribalism is the first refuge in adversity. To understand that, you only have to hear the vitriol poured from the stands in the direction of a visiting player who has the temerity to be injured by a home favourite and spend what is reckoned too long recovering from the assault. There, in the transformation of victim into villain, is evidence of a game pockmarked with the assumption that, whatever the circumstances, my lot are right, and yours are wrong.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Nice One Cyril wrote:No doubt KOP and BowTies will still be telling us the Earth is flat :wink:
:lol:
Feel Good Inc.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

El Capitano wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:No doubt KOP and BowTies will still be telling us the Earth is flat :wink:

egg on face>?????

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Shame Kops gone on holidays, im sure he will find a place where he can post a photo of Evra standing 5 cm back from when he shook suarez hand

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

So when are we getting the apology from Rio? I assume Fergie will never allow him to play at Manure again.
Ignore this signature

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

What have I been saying that is so wrong throughout this?
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Bomber wrote:So when are we getting the apology from Rio? I assume Fergie will never allow him to play at Manure again.

he should be applauded tbh!

ARIANARA
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ARIANARA »

Bomber wrote:So when are we getting the apology from Rio? I assume Fergie will never allow him to play at Manure again.
an apology for rejecting the hand of a rascist, at a time when his brother is involved in a racism scandal just as bad, if not worse.

i'm sure that if suarez hadn't skipped evra, ferdinand would've accepted his hand
...kai den eimai kala

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Princkiwicz wrote:
an apology for rejecting the hand of a rascist, at a time when his brother is involved in a racism scandal just as bad, if not worse.

i'm sure that if suarez hadn't skipped evra, ferdinand would've accepted his hand

correct, if u watch the replay, Rio pulls his hand away from suarez after witnessing what he did to evra!

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

marado wrote:
Princkiwicz wrote:

correct, if u watch the replay, Rio pulls his hand away from suarez after witnessing what he did to evra!
Oh dear.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
marado wrote:
Princkiwicz wrote:

Oh dear.

is that the best u got??
typical scouser really...
:roll:

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
marado wrote:
Princkiwicz wrote:

Oh dear.
You don't think this is the case? Rio would have shaken his hand no problem. People who think otherwise are dillusional

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

^^^^^ he is one eyed, jimbob!

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Jimbob wrote: You don't think this is the case? Rio would have shaken his hand no problem. People who think otherwise are dillusional
Oh no, his quote is perfectly true in terms of what he's written. It's what he hasn't written and doesn't understand that makes him silly.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIFq3-IGPbU&feature=fvst

The bloke is an absolute animal, the above link is him bitting someone and recieving a 7 match ban. With his outstanding goal scoring record before joining Liverpool, their is a reason that no big club went for him.......They had respect for the image of their club and didnt want some savage or as he is known in Holland "the cannibal" to ruin that.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Ian_Wright wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIFq3-IGPbU&feature=fvst

The bloke is an absolute animal, the above link is him bitting someone and recieving a 7 match ban. With his outstanding goal scoring record before joining Liverpool, their is a reason that no big club went for him.......They had respect for the image of their club and didnt want some savage or as he is known in Holland "the cannibal" to ruin that.
Lol extremely poor troll is extremely poor.

ARIANARA
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ARIANARA »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
Jimbob wrote: You don't think this is the case? Rio would have shaken his hand no problem. People who think otherwise are dillusional
Oh no, his quote is perfectly true in terms of what he's written. It's what he hasn't written and doesn't understand that makes him silly.
brilliant
...kai den eimai kala