Inter 2011/12

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Inter 2011/12

Post by INTERISTA »

I think this transfer campeign will make or brake Inter's season.

Having your 2 best players in Sneijder & Eto being heavily linked to the EPL is a major concern.

It will be almost impossible to find someone of equal quality to Sneijder or someone who can bag 20+ goals like Eto (here's hoping the tevez swap happens if Eto leaves).

However the main issue now is finding the appropriate manager. Thank god Mihajlovic passed.

Lucas is god
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Inter 2011/12

Post by Lucas is god »

INTERISTA wrote:I think this transfer campeign will make or brake Inter's season.

Having your 2 best players in Sneijder & Eto being heavily linked to the EPL is a major concern.

It will be almost impossible to find someone of equal quality to Sneijder or someone who can bag 20+ goals like Eto (here's hoping the tevez swap happens if Eto leaves).

However the main issue now is finding the appropriate manager. Thank god Mihajlovic passed.
I still think Inter are a decent midtable side, you have nothing to worry about.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Lucas is god wrote:
INTERISTA wrote:I think this transfer campeign will make or brake Inter's season.

I still think Inter are a decent midtable side, you have nothing to worry about.
from a liverpool supporter :lol:

interista, who would you want to take to job?
rumor has it options are:
Zola
Mihajlovic
Gasperini
Ranieri
Spaletti
Villa Boas
Hiddink
Capello

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Inter could make a good push for a CL spot if they're lucky. Don't think their squad has the quality right now though. Gonna have to be busy in upcoming weeks if you really want it.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

I doubt it that Inter have a realistic chance of getting either Capello, or Hiddink. On this basis Spalleti would be my preference. Did a great job at Udinese & Roma with their limited budgets. Won the Russian league as well.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

I reckon Capello is definitely the dark horse, but it's not impossible.

I think Eto'o will be the harder one to keep.

Any players coming in at all that you know about?

Seems like there hasn't been much movement since Jose left.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

30 million bid from Inter for Kaka last night!

Sneijder on his way out?

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Why o why would you replace Sneijder with Kaka - he is 29 and has spent the best part of two years injured. There is a reason that Milan sold him. Sneijder is 27 or so and at the peak of his powers.

Fair enough if they cashed in on the dutchman and bought a Ganso or Neymar, but replace him with a 29 year old who is injury prone??? Don't get me wrong, Kaka at his best was unstoppable, one of my favourite players, I just think they are grasping at straws.

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

guus please

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Gian Piero Gasperini to Inter is official.

It will be interesting to see how he fits his favoured tactical system in with the current Inter squad, and who goes/comes in.

cuore_rossonero
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cuore_rossonero »

Inters reign of terror on Italian football is over kids. From now on we wont be hearing much from those who support them, just like we never heard much from them before they started winning.

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

Juventino wrote:Gian Piero Gasperini to Inter is official.

It will be interesting to see how he fits his favoured tactical system in with the current Inter squad, and who goes/comes in.
I think he'll do well if we can hold onto our core players like Sneijder & Co.

Meanwhile, glad we signed Viviano (even if it was due to Bologna error).

Moussa Sissoko would also be a handy signing.

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

Inter sign another promising South American star in Ricardo Gabriel Álvarez.
Admittedly I don't know anything about this player, apart from what position he plays.
So all I can say is hope he works out.
Inter haven't had much success with their South American youth imports, particularly Kerlon and Coutinho.
Coutinho was dubbed the next Kaka & whilst he is a decent player, he has a ways to go before he can come close to Kaka's level.

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

Inters new home strip.
Classic, plain & simple. Much better than last seasons 90's throwback.

Heres hoping we can keep him in that shirt.

AnotherMilanFan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AnotherMilanFan »

Inter kits are so ugly.
Noi odiamo la Juve
Noi odiamo il Verona
Noi odiamo la Roma
Forza magico Milan!

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

Article and video on Álvarez.

http://football-italia.net/blogs/si138.html

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

Jonathan Moreira officially in from Santos, paving the way for a possible Maicon exit.

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

Transfer wrap up.

Outs
MacDonald, Mariga (Loan) - Decent player hopefully he gets a lot of game time at Real Sociedad.
Goran Pandev (Loan) - Surprised that he was loaned to Napoli, given our need for wide players.
Davide Santon (Transfer) - Had a stellar debut year, but faded out over the last two seasons. Annoyed about this sale as I feel given time he could've found that form again. Also given that Nagatomo and Maicon both just had serious surgery I feel we may have left ourselves a bit under done on the flanks.
Eto (Transfer) - Not the best when a team loses their best player. However the money generated from this sale was obviously to good to turn down. From the Ibra sale, this Eto deal brings in a total 60 mil euros.
David Suazo (Free) - Never settled in. No loss.
Nelson Rivas (Terminated) - Again fringe player at best.
Victor Obinna (Free) - Fringe player.
Macro Materazzi (Terminated) - A true Interista, sad to see him not get proper send off.

In
Luc Castaignos (Full Ownership) - Promising talent. Apparently plays like Henry.
Yuto Nagatomo (Full Ownership) - Had a bright start, hopefully his form continues.
Ricardo Alvarez (Full Ownership) - Another young talent from South America. Hopefully this one matures into a good player given the amount we paid for him.
Andre Poli (Loan) - Good wraps on this guy, young and very talented. Pleased with this signature.
Diego Forlan (Full Ownership) - Slightly underwhelming replacement for Eto to be honest. Pazzini should definitely start over him given his form this pre season.
Mauro Zarate (Loan) - Don't see the point in his signature, given we had Pandev who is of similar ability and plays in a similar position.
Jonathan (Full Ownership) - Don't know about much about him.
Lorenzo Tassi (Full Ownership) - Tipped to be the next big thing, only 16. Again hopefully we can capitalise on his ability.

Overall Rating
Decent transfer campaign, signed a lot of youthful players. Not anticipating much of an immediate impact. Beginning to rejuvenate the squad with some young talent.