Tottenham 2011/12

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Tottenham 2011/12

Post by totsreds08 »

Salpigidis wrote:PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOODBYE TOTTENHAM , YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN SCHOOLED BY THE ALMIGHTY PAOK!
:oops: few weeks late buddy

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Still ticking along nicely under the radar. :D
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Whoops. Comprehensively outplayed by Swansea and one of our poorest performances this season. Too much turkey I think.

To be fair to Swansea, Rodgers has got them playing some great stuff, simple but effective and boy, do they work hard. A lot of teams will struggle there.

With United and the Chavs getting turned over, it looks like there's five teams chasing 2nd, 3rd and 4th so it should be an interesting run in to the season.

COYS
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Mato
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Mato »

ez win this morning

good game from livermore. stunning game from benoit. i like that even when things go wrong for adebayor his effort is kept strong, this morning his touch was so heavy but he kept trying. due for a big scoring game with some luck :DD

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Mato wrote:ez win this morning

good game from livermore. stunning game from benoit. i like that even when things go wrong for adebayor his effort is kept strong, this morning his touch was so heavy but he kept trying. due for a big scoring game with some luck :DD
Saving the big one for when we play the Goons
Danny Blanchflower

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

Can Adebayor play this weekend against City even though hes on loan to us or have they put in his deal that he can not play against his parent club?

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

SPURS18 wrote:Can Adebayor play this weekend against City even though hes on loan to us or have they put in his deal that he cn not play against his parent club?
He out! Cant play part of the loan deal.. always find that weird thou why clubs do this
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
SPURS18 wrote:Can Adebayor play this weekend against City even though hes on loan to us or have they put in his deal that he cn not play against his parent club?
He out! Cant play part of the loan deal.. always find that weird thou why clubs do this
They are still paying a decent chunk of his wages, so it would be more than a bit annoying if he scored the match winning goal. About time JD had a start anyway, personally I prefer him to Adebarndoor.
Danny Blanchflower

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:
They are still paying a decent chunk of his wages, so it would be more than a bit annoying if he scored the match winning goal. About time JD had a start anyway, personally I prefer him to Adebarndoor.

I agree Defoe should start but whats a bet Redknapp goes negative and plays one up front which will be Pav i really hope he doesnt

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Not our best performance this year, especially in the first half, but we were close enough to the Champions-elect for me to be happy overall.

Could have been playing against 9 men, could have nicked it in injury time, could have NOT given a penalty away, but we didn't and they nicked it right at the death. That's football for you.

The good news is that Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle and Chavski all dropped points as well, so our quest for CL qualification is still on track.

Looks like a two horse race (as I always thought it would be) for the title now though.
Danny Blanchflower

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

For those of you playing at home.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Comfortable win at home against lowly Wigan. Bale looking to be back to his best and ready to rip Liverpool a new one. :wink:

Handy that City and the Chavs both dropped points as well and fourth now looking a real possibility for the Bindippers.
Danny Blanchflower

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

slip any lower than third from this point of the season would be a disappointment for Spurs IMO. real shame about the Man City game and Defoe being two inches too short.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

il principe wrote:slip any lower than third from this point of the season would be a disappointment for Spurs IMO. real shame about the Man City game and Defoe being two inches too short.
Next four fixtures will determine where we finish I think. We've got Liverpool, Newcastle, Arsenal and United but after that, apart from Chelsea, a reasonable run home.
Danny Blanchflower

Mato
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Mato »

Great game, outclassed start to finish.

Saha + Adebayor ftw

Only issue i see now is VdV being unhappy. I don't think he can play in a midfield 4 (assuming here parker, bale, modric will always play) because he's too lazy... Kranjcar and Lennon work harder in a wide midfield spot, rather than hanging upfield behind the strikers all game.

Guess it hinges on fitness of everyone + whether Harry wants to play with 2 up front away as well.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Mato wrote:Great game, outclassed start to finish.

Saha + Adebayor ftw

Only issue i see now is VdV being unhappy. I don't think he can play in a midfield 4 (assuming here parker, bale, modric will always play) because he's too lazy... Kranjcar and Lennon work harder in a wide midfield spot, rather than hanging upfield behind the strikers all game.

Guess it hinges on fitness of everyone + whether Harry wants to play with 2 up front away as well.
Niko is a reasonable sub to have but certainly not first pick. Way too slow IMO and lacks the class of VdV.

Big one in a fortnight. :)
Danny Blanchflower

Mato
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Mato »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Mato wrote:Great game, outclassed start to finish.

Saha + Adebayor ftw

Niko is a reasonable sub to have but certainly not first pick. Way too slow IMO and lacks the class of VdV.

Big one in a fortnight. :)
I agree somewhat - behind the strikers there is no comparison between the two.

However with an interchanging midfield 4, where parker holds and the other 3 sorta drift across each other, everyone needs to be willing to track. I don't think its coincidence our two most comprehensive wins (4-0 pool, last night) were with 4-4-2, playing 2 strikers and having Krancjar as the 4th midfielder (vdv may have played in the first one? i think he came on as a second half sub tho?). Whether Harry is brave enough to play this away we will c :D

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

parker :wink:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

manU4life wrote:parker :wink:

Now there's an intelligent, if somewhat cryptic, comment. Kind of demonstates the United IQ. :roll:
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Apparently Spurs have signed Brazilian centre back and captain of their U20s team, Uvini.

Never seen or heard of him before.
Danny Blanchflower

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Apparently you lot are now leading the way to signing Hazzard! :cry:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Ian_Wright wrote:Apparently you lot are now leading the way to signing Hazzard! :cry:
I think he wants to join the 'Arry Revolution. Nobody's told him about England yet :D
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote:
I think he wants to join the 'Arry Revolution. Nobody's told him about England yet :D
:lol:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I see there's a paper report that Spurs might be sold to AEG. Not sure how I'd feel having the septics in charge but, if it means more money for the team, maybe not too bad.
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Aaargh, despite us somehow managing to get a two goal lead, shiraz knows how, that must be the worst I've seen Spurs play for months. Fair play to the scumbag Goons, they worked twice as hard and shut Spurs down all over the pitch but Harry will be absolutely filthy letting in 5.

At least we've got an easy game next week :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote:Aaargh, despite us somehow managing to get a two goal lead, shiraz knows how, that must be the worst I've seen Spurs play for months. Fair play to the scumbag Goons, they worked twice as hard and shut Spurs down all over the pitch but Harry will be absolutely filthy letting in 5.

Do you question Harry's changes at half time Cyril?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Aaargh, despite us somehow managing to get a two goal lead, shiraz knows how, that must be the worst I've seen Spurs play for months. Fair play to the scumbag Goons, they worked twice as hard and shut Spurs down all over the pitch but Harry will be absolutely filthy letting in 5.

Do you question Harry's changes at half time Cyril?
Not really. I never have rated Kranjcar and I thought he had a big hand in both of Arsenal's opening goals and Saha just wasn't getting the service from the midfield. From the outside it's always hard to know who's really fit but, to be honest I think too many players just underperformed, especially at 2-0 some of them just went to sleep thinking it was won.

I suppose we were due a bad game sooner or later, just pissed off because it was the Goons. On the bright side, I don't live in North London any more so the abuse is less :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

What's the story with van der shart not starting? I'm surprised he was benched for Saha.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Litmanen wrote:What's the story with van der shart not starting? I'm surprised he was benched for Saha.
Not sure to be honest, you'd have to ask Harry. I do think he got it wrong tactically though, with Arsenal playing 451 we should have done the same. Going with 2 up top just meant the midfield was struggling the whole game, especially when two of the four are Kranjcar and Parker, neither of whom are blessed with any great pace. I guess that's why Harry gets paid the big bucks, if it works and we win, he's a genius and a hero, if not, he's a dunce.

Just watched it again (sucker for punishment), can anyone explain why Szczesny didn't even get a booking for the foul on Bale?
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Just watched it again (sucker for punishment), can anyone explain why Szczesny didn't even get a booking for the foul on Bale?
[/quote]

Contact was made by Gibbs first Cyril so I would say that saved szczesny.

Harry should coach the GB diving team at the London Olympics so he can take Bale all the way to gold :lol: great diver the Welshman