Guus Hiddink to Chelsea

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Guus Hiddink to Chelsea

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

Hope this is true

direct quotes by Guus below

"I never told anybody that I was going to continue working with Turkey.

"I feel energetic and I like working every day.

"I feel I need to do more, so a club role is more preferable than coaching a national team.

"I haven't told the president of the Turkish FA. But he is an intelligent man and I'm sure he follows the world's media. There is no official offer yet, so I cannot guarantee anything."
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Guus Hiddink to Chelsea

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

Litmanen or others, would u want him back?

i think he is the man who can bring the club together, one of the best at getting a team to gel
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

A month ago you said your club was fine top to bottom. Suddenly you are not together, get your story right :wink:

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

I think he'll be a good choice for sure.

I get the feeling he's just an interim for a year, I'm expecting Roman to try and get Guardiola the year after (or perhaps Jose, who knows). I'd like to see some consistency though, the only time i was happy with his cuthroat decisions was when he got rid of Scholari.

I try not to get too excited when it comes to these things, I still think he should have kept Carlo.. Having said that i still think he should have kept Mourinho too.

There's also some talk of Guus becoming footballing director next year, so who knows what's going on.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

The only thing that is going on, is you won't get any stability until you win the CL. That is all Roman wants.

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

i thought Guus is still actually employed at Chelsea as an advisor for Roman

but yeah he is the best available option imo

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Hawkseys Double »

Worst title of a thread ever. I thought Hiddink had gone to Chelsea.

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

Yids wrote:Worst title of a thread ever. I thought Hiddink had gone to Chelsea.
i should be in advertising

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

Chelsea4thewin wrote:
Yids wrote:Worst title of a thread ever. I thought Hiddink had gone to Chelsea.
i should be in advertising
Don't.

paokara
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by paokara »

Litmanen wrote:I think he'll be a good choice for sure.

I get the feeling he's just an interim for a year, I'm expecting Roman to try and get Guardiola the year after (or perhaps Jose, who knows).

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Would no doubt be a great pickup for Chelsea.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I doubt he'll take the job as he's good friends with Abramovic and you know what they say. "Never work for friends, it always ends in tears."
:oops: :oops: :oops:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

e-football wrote:The only thing that is going on, is you won't get any stability until you win the CL. That is all Roman wants.
And the irony in that is you won't win a CL until there is some stability :wink: Carlos Ancelotti was the best thing that happened to Chelski and if given the chance, he would of brought that stability and most likely another good crack at a CL. The sacking of his assistant at a time when Abramovic thought the EPL title was already in the bag was Chelseas ultimate downfall and in the end it cost them 2 good coaches, an EPL title, stability, hence a serious attempt at the CL which RA so desperately craves. The age old saying of "Money can't buy you everything" certainly sits perfectly in the story of Chelski and it's Russian billionaire owner. Is Guus a good club coach??? Maybe, but I can tell ya he ain't no Mourinho or Ancelotti but I guess time will tell the next chapter of the RA Chelski story :wink: :arrow:
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

May as well cut the BS and just put Roman on the bench......would be entertaining for sure:

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

^ :lol:
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

Hiddink and MVB to coach with MVB taking over completely the year after..

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

MVB?

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

^ this fellow.

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

The Kop wrote:MVB?
Marco Van Basten, talk about someone who cannot coach. I'm with the Kop, y doesn't RA sit on the bench himself since he thinks he's the man???
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Van Basten.

I don't think he'd be someone Roman will pick. I think he'll try and get Guardiola

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Litmanen wrote:

Van Basten.

I don't think he'd be someone Roman will pick. I think he'll try and get Guardiola
Regardless of all the rumours surrounding Pep, I don't think he'll move on yet. I think he'll be at Barcelona for another season or two at least.

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

Depends how much Chelsea want to spend on him though.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Yids wrote:Depends how much Chelsea want to spend on him though.
I don't think money will make a different to be honest. I'm sure he's being paid ridiculously well already.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Bow Ties Are Cool wrote:
Litmanen wrote:

Van Basten.

Regardless of all the rumours surrounding Pep, I don't think he'll move on yet. I think he'll be at Barcelona for another season or two at least.

His contract runs out next season, hence the 1 year wait.

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

Bow Ties Are Cool wrote:
I don't think money will make a different to be honest. I'm sure he's being paid ridiculously well already.
Aye true. But do Chelsea want to wait a year? or will Hiddink do the caretaker job for a year?

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Yids wrote:
Bow Ties Are Cool wrote:
Aye true. But do Chelsea want to wait a year? or will Hiddink do the caretaker job for a year?
Like I said, I doubt it's up to Chelsea. I really think Pep will want to stay with Barca for a while longer. Barcelona won't be keen to let him go until they have an excellent replacement ready to come in. If Barca aren't completely ready for him to move on, I don't think he will.

Of course this is all speculation on my part, but it's just what I believe.

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

agree with Colosuss, we should of kept Carlo .

i reckon we should do the " The apprentice manager " ....

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

I agree, Chelsea should have kept Carlo.

Luis Enrique was the Barcelona "B" coach until recently, im sure he would have been the planned replacement for Guardiola if he decided to leave.

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC »

Hiddink close to Turkey exit

The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) denied it has agreed terms for the departure of national team coach Guus Hiddink and does not expect any potential negotiations with Chelsea to begin until next week.

Hiddink is the Blues' number one choice to replace Carlo Ancelotti, who was fired shortly after the club's trophy-less season came to an end last month.

The Dutchman has a strong relationship with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich and previously managed the club during a successful three-month caretaker spell in 2009.

His contract as Turkey manager runs until next year but he added fuel to speculation that he wants to return to Stamford Bridge after refusing to commit his future to the country before the 1-1 Euro 2012 qualifying draw against Belgium.

Reports suggested the TFF is resigned to losing Hiddink.

Chelsea is reportedly keen to tie up a deal for the 64-year-old soon, but the TFF said any potential negotiations will have to wait until next week as its president Mahmut Ozgener, and Hiddink himself, are on holiday.

"There is nothing official happening because both parties are away," TFF spokesman Turker Tozar said.

"Mr Hiddink is on holiday now and the president is on holiday for a week as well. Nothing can happen at the moment."

Reports claim that Hiddink's departure will be hastened by the tip that that Ozgener is unlikely to be in charge of the TFF past the 28 June election.

"We will understand that he has coached his last Turkey game as long as Chelsea pay the compensation," a TFF source told BBC Sport.

Reports TFF and Chelsea have already agreed a compensation deal for Hiddink are also wide of the mark, Tozar insisted.

"Mr Hiddink is still our manager and he has a contract until 2012," he added.

Hiddink's agent Cees van Nieuwenhuizen insists his client is still focused on leading Turkey to Euro 2012 despite last weekend's disappointing draw, which left the team eight points behind Group A leader Germany and one behind the Belgians.

The Turkish media reacted angrily to Hiddink's refusal to commit his future to the TFF this weekend.

'Good riddance' and 'Goodbye Hiddink' were two negative headlines aimed at the former Real Madrid boss following the draw against Belgium, but Van Nieuwenhuizen remains adamant his client is still happy in his current position.

"He is very happy with the draw in Brussels because he is still in the race for the European Championships," Van Nieuwenhuizen said.

"Nothing has changed. I have said it before, Guus is under contract with Turkey.

"He has an obligation there until his contract is up in June next year. We have been saying that for weeks. Everyone is making their own stories about his future, but this is the reality."
RADIO LALASEMENO
http://www.lalasemeno.gr

this has just changed my life............above link

dont use my name..

What has 100 legs & 4 teeth? The front row of the Collingwood cheer squad

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

If Guus goes to Chelsea, they'll be hard to beat I think.