The Special One

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

R. King
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

The Special One

Post by R. King »

Assuming [and it's a safe assumption me thinks] that Chelsea might not win the Champions League and Carlo gets the flick, what are the odds that the 'Special One' makes his return to the Bridge.

Truly the second coming!!

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: The Special One

Post by BTAC »

Chelsea or City.

I'd say he would prefer a return to Chelsea, but don't write City off.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

I think Chelsea should keep Carlo.

At least he tries to play attacking football.

I think it comes down the whether or not Carlo wants to stay, he's having a job review in May so we should know at that time.

Either way we'll have an awesome manager next season, and either way Mancini is finished in my opinion

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Litmanen wrote:I think Chelsea should keep Carlo.

At least he tries to play attacking football.

I think it comes down the whether or not Carlo wants to stay, he's having a job review in May so we should know at that time.

Either way we'll have an awesome manager next season, and either way Mancini is finished in my opinion
LOLOLOLOLOL at your sig.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Man United, end of story
Thats the club he wants to take over long term, and he even stated when he comes back to England he wants to stay there long term and not like 3-4 yrs as hes done with previous clubs

United is a special club with history and tradition....

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Le King wrote:Man United, end of story
Thats the club he wants to take over long term, and he even stated when he comes back to England he wants to stay there long term and not like 3-4 yrs as hes done with previous clubs

United is a special club with history and tradition....
That '....' at the end indicates sarcasm doesn't it?

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

I can see Liverpool having a real go at securing the services of the Special One. After years of dud managers at the helm he could be the one to finally transform the fortunes of this once great club.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Jimbob wrote:I can see Liverpool having a real go at securing the services of the Special One. After years of dud managers at the helm he could be the one to finally transform the fortunes of this once great club.
HA'WAY THE LADS

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Jimbob wrote:I can see Liverpool having a real go at securing the services of the Special One. After years of dud managers at the helm he could be the one to finally transform the fortunes of this once great club.
Doubt it.

I think we'll be sticking with Kenny, and rightly so.

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

Bow Ties Are Cool wrote:
Doubt it.

I think we'll be sticking with Kenny, and rightly so.
Kenny hasn't really been pulling up trees though has he? He's an improvement on Woy and his press conferences are quite funny but is he the long term solution?

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

I doubt he'd return the Chelsea after they way they dumped him.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Lilly Whites wrote:I doubt he'd return the Chelsea after they way they dumped him.

Abramovich was in Madrid a while, back not sure if it was for Kaka` or Mourinho though

Apparenly Mourinho and Roman are in contact quite a bit too.

Still, i think Carlo is better as a long term coach, and if Mourinho can't get his hands on a decent EPL team before the financial rules come in, we should be good in the long run.

First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by 10 »

Will be Fergies successor IMO
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt" - Bill Shankly

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Not your average analysis on Mourinho:
http://www.level3football.com/royhendo/ ... t_In_A_Box

Might need a psyc degree to understand fully!!

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

The Kop wrote:Not your average analysis on Mourinho:

Might need a psyc degree to understand fully!!
Great read. You're not wrong, it is a very complex article.

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Hawkseys Double »

JOSE MOURINHO'S PRICE FOR PREMIER RETURN? £170M

Sunday March 27 2011 by John Richardson
Have your say(2)
JOSE MOURINHO has named his price to return to the Premier League – a £20million-a-year salary and a transfer budget of £150m.
The former Chelsea boss insisted again last week when he was on a flying visit to London that he has unfinished business in England.

But any club hoping to entice the Portuguese master away from Real Madrid will have to raid the coffers because he won’t be returning on the cheap.

Sunday Express Sport can reveal that Mourinho, 48, has been made aware of two potential Premier League suitors via his agent Jorge Mendes.

The clubs, both in the top half of the table, were told that Mourinho would command wages of £20m a year and a substantial transfer pot of around £150m.

Mourinho currently earns £10m a year at the Bernabeu and is already the world’s highest-paid manager.

But he knows his market value and can play the financial game with a strong bargaining hand.
Jose Mourinho currently earns £10m and is already the world’s highest-paid manager

He also knows that to be successful any new club would have to be at the forefront in the inflated transfer market so he would demand real financial muscle.

Mourinho, who has won the Champions League with Porto and Inter and two Premier League titles at Chelsea, believes he is on the verge of big things with Real Madrid.

Only when his work is completed in Spain or if Madrid politics drive him out will he consider his next move – back to England.

He admitted: “I have never hidden my desire to return to England some day but there are three years left on my contract. I intend to see them through and maybe even carry on with a new contract.

SEARCH FOOTBALL for:

“We are on the right path and titles will come either this season or next. My teams usually do better in the second season.”

But Mourinho acknowledges that things can change very quickly at a volatile club like Real Madrid.

It’s also something ambitious clubs in this country are aware of and have already started the courting process.

But any eventual marriage will prove very expensive.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/237 ... z1Hvr05fGP

Very heavy budget for a "special one".

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Almost wonder if this is a ploy to get more money at Madrid.

Otherwise i really think Man City is the only option for him, Liverpool wouldn't give him 150 mill, and i doubt Man U would either.

While Chelsea could afford it, with Carlo there i don't think there's a need for Mourinho.

It does annoy me a bit that he calls himself the special one etc, but is able to build a team with 150 mill.. I'm sure most world class managers could win lots with a 150 mill kitty too....

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Hawkseys Double »

With 150m I could finish top 4

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

i dont even think the special one could help liverpool, it would be a massive step down from Madrid
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

wow......did you even read the article.
With 150m he'd probably even make Wigan competative.......

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

The Kop wrote:wow......did you even read the article.
With 150m he'd probably even make Wigan competative.......

Exactly. I think it's stupid and i hope he stays in Madrid

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

The Kop wrote:Not your average analysis on Mourinho:
I fell asleep half way through.
Feel Good Inc.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Bow Ties Are Cool wrote: Great read. You're not wrong, it is a very complex article.
lol. Who are you trying to kid?
Feel Good Inc.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

after read the article, he's not that special for me tho !!!

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

El Capitano wrote:
Bow Ties Are Cool wrote: Great read. You're not wrong, it is a very complex article.
lol. Who are you trying to kid?
People online. It's very important to me that I keep up appearances.