'Invisible man' Cole jealous of Henry treatment

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

'Invisible man' Cole jealous of Henry treatment

Post by delfino_1936 »

England full-back Ashley Cole has revealed how Arsenal's favourable treatment of Thierry Henry was one of the reasons why he wanted to leave the club for Premiership champions Chelsea.

Henry, Arsenal's captain and talisman, eventually agreed to stay at the club but Cole felt like the 'invisible man' as he had not been treated in the same way by Gunners officials or fans.

The 25-year-old left-back also revealed how he `haggled' over £5,000 after Arsenal had dropped from their original weekly salary offer, and had his loyalty questioned by the club's backroom staff.

However, in an extract from his book serialised in The Times, the difference in how he was treated compared to Henry appeared to be one of the main reasons for him to seek a transfer.

He said: 'The club made Thierry feel wanted and special, wooing him, wining and dining him, speaking in public about how much they want him to stay, going on a deliberate charm offensive.

'But me? I didn't have one dinner, one meeting or one phone call from anyone. That's not sour grapes, it's just a sad truth. The truth is that the Gunners had done nothing all season to hold on to me.'

He added: My worst fears were confirmed when, as Thierry and I sat in the centre circle after the final whistle, his name was sung from the rooftops while my contribution was recognised by a deafening silence.

'As his chants faded away we waited for mine. And we waited. And there was nothing. `They're not bothered about me', I said, resigned to the fact. It was like I was the invisible man.'

Cole was offered a new £60,000-a-week deal in 2004 but when negotiations opened, the figure had dropped by £5,000, with the defender adding: 'At a board meeting held two days before our 1-0 away defeat at Bolton in January, it was decided the maximum offer should be £55,000 a week.

'I don't believe the board gave a damn about keeping me. It preferred to haggle over a difference of £5,000.'

Cole's relationship with the club deteriorated to the point of fitness coach Tony Colbert questioned whether he was telling the truth about a thigh injury.

He added: 'That's when he said it, `what do you expect me to do, Ash, when you tell me you're okay and then come in here like you've just been shot? Be honest with me, are you just making out that it's worse than it actually is because you've got an eye on the World Cup?'

'That was it. I blew my lid. `What!' I shouted, barely able to keep a lid on it, `I need to play for Arsenal to go to the World Cup, so why would I hold back? The more I hold back, the less chance I've got of going to Germany! And you are insulting me'.'

'For me it was one more person at the club doubting my loyalty. And it was the final straw.'

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Cole all i have to say is 'UR A FCKN JOKE MATE'

if he really wants to know why we arsenal fans dont treat him well is because what happened with the tapping up!!!

THIERRY never did that he was loyal he never went and talked to Barca illegally......ashley ur a wanka!!! i no u cant read this but i want the users of the forum to know that he is!!!

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

with or without Cole Arsenal is still crap........my 2cents :D
Feel Good Inc.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

With or without Gallas arsenal still crap .. my 3 cents :lol:

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

y should arsenal treat him like they treated henry?
afta all cole wanted 2 go 2 shiraz chelsea, henry was linked 2 barca but commiteted 2 arsenal

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

Ashley Cole didnt get what he deserve though ..
i mean the paid !!

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

well done MUFC boy at least we have one non-biased Man U fan on the forum. Boys you guys can't say Arsenal are cabernet because we had a better season than you last year and we will see on sunday who is better. You're can only judge who is better when they've played each other. wait till sunday

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Tomas 7 wrote:well done MUFC boy at least we have one non-biased Man U fan on the forum. Boys you guys can't say Arsenal are cabernet because we had a better season than you last year and we will see on sunday who is better. You're can only judge who is better when they've played each other. wait till sunday
how many trophy's did your lot win last year??

Arsenal 0

Man Utd 1
Feel Good Inc.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Cumberland UTD wrote:
Tomas 7 wrote:well done MUFC boy at least we have one non-biased Man U fan on the forum. Boys you guys can't say Arsenal are cabernet because we had a better season than you last year and we will see on sunday who is better. You're can only judge who is better when they've played each other. wait till sunday

Arsenal 0

Man Utd 1
Yea I'm sure your happy with a Carling Cup, as thats all you have won over the last two season... :lol: I would much rather make a CL Final than win a shiraz Carling Cup...

A.Cole sounds like a whining biatch... all that bling on his ears weighing down his brain must be having serious effects on his ability to think rationally, who the shiraz wants a traitor who wines and dines with cross-town rivals?? and he wonders why...

Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 7 »

Oh yeah the Carling Cup... big fuc.ken achievement that was... Everyone knows that competitions is a joke where the big sides put out their second string teams... the big sides, except Man Utd that is.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

7 wrote:Oh yeah the Carling Cup... big fuc.ken achievement that was... Everyone knows that competitions is a joke where the big sides put out their second string teams... the big sides, except Man Utd that is.
lol man utd won the Carling Cup with their reserves....if Arsenal are so good why didnt they win it
Feel Good Inc.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Cumberland UTD wrote:

Arsenal 0

Man Utd 1
Yea I'm sure your happy with a Carling Cup, as thats all you have won over the last two season... :lol: I would much rather make a CL Final than win a shiraz Carling Cup...

A.Cole sounds like a whining biatch... all that bling on his ears weighing down his brain must be having serious effects on his ability to think rationally, who the shiraz wants a traitor who wines and dines with cross-town rivals?? and he wonders why...
damn....your back

would you seriously rather 2nd spot CL compared to a trophy (that was won by are reserves, its good to know are reserves can beat full sided opposition).....dont forget 2nd no one remembers
Feel Good Inc.

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

no offence but all you arsenal supporters are very silly sometimes yeah fair enough you finished second in the ECC but how many points in the league did man u finish above arsenal

and i might add league is always no.1 priority maybe you guys shouldn't be biased for once
I speak nothing but the truth

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

thats beside the point. Cole is a toss bag. I agree with MUFCBOY on his comments regarding the reasons. If you dont want to play for the club then piss off. Plus Henry shits all over Cole in value to the team. Does he think he's the best player going around or sumfin? What a tossa!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Cumberland UTD wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
Cumberland UTD wrote:

Arsenal 0

Man Utd 1

damn....your back

would you seriously rather 2nd spot CL compared to a trophy (that was won by are reserves, its good to know are reserves can beat full sided opposition).....dont forget 2nd no one remembers
Considering I had to look up what trophy you won last season... meaning as if anyone gives a shiraz about the Carling Cup, nor could anyone careless to remember who won it. Its good to see you understand no one remembers second, so why do you care so much about your seconds winning an insignifican trophy??

And from a club point of view... would you rather win the Carling Cup or second in CL... :lol: your bias is funny on this one, as I'm sure Manure and any other club would pick second in CL as thinking about it financially alone you would make millions upon millions just for finishing second, do you even get paid for playing in the Carling Cup?

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

HOW MANY FKING POINTS DID ARSENAL AND LIVERPOOL GET NOW ??
and HOW MANY DID MANUTD HAD NOW ....
let me tell u

ManUtd points > (Liverpool points + arsenal points) lol that's funny !!

Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 7 »

ronaldo07 wrote:HOW MANY FKING POINTS DID ARSENAL AND LIVERPOOL GET NOW ??
let me tell u

P W D L F A GD Pts
1 Chelsea 38 29 4 5 72 22 +50 91
2 Manchester United 38 25 8 5 72 34 +38 83
3 Liverpool 38 25 7 6 57 25 +32 82
4 Arsenal 38 20 7 11 68 31 +37 67

Not only is ronaldo07's english fuc.ken shiitttt... but his maths is aswell

Liverpool points + Arsenal points < Man Utd points??!??!!??!

82 + 67 = 149.... that is apparently less that 83.... Good one fu.cktard.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

7 wrote:
let me tell u

P W D L F A GD Pts
1 Chelsea 38 29 4 5 72 22 +50 91
2 Manchester United 38 25 8 5 72 34 +38 83
3 Liverpool 38 25 7 6 57 25 +32 82
4 Arsenal 38 20 7 11 68 31 +37 67

Not only is ronaldo07's english fuc.ken shiitttt... but his maths is aswell

Liverpool points + Arsenal points < Man Utd points??!??!!??!

82 + 67 = 149.... that is apparently less that 83.... Good one fu.cktard.
You stupid twat....ronny is talking about this season
Feel Good Inc.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

let me tell u

Ronny07 its how many have arsenal and liverpool got now

and how many have man utd got now k???

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

LOL ronaldo, im guessing ur really from malaysia rite

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

grammer isn't an issue ..
as long as u understand the meaning ..
yes, im from malaysia :cry:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

lol then what are you doing on a south australian forum?

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Po1aK wrote:lol then what are you doing on a south australian forum?
This question has been asked many a times
Feel Good Inc.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

:cry:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

lol im still pretty newish on the forum. so what is he doing here? lol