lithuania frustrate world champions

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

lithuania frustrate world champions

Post by arxidi »

Lithuania frustrate world champions
Saturday, 2 September 2006

e-mailPrint

Lithuania earned the result of the night after forcing world champions Italy to come from behind for a draw in Naples.

Shock lead
The 28-year-old forward Tomaš Danilevicius, who scored 17 goals in 38 games for Serie B club US Avellino last season, had given the visitors a shock lead in the 21st minute but AC Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi calmed home nerves with a well-taken equaliser nine minutes later. The Azzurri were unable to add a second, however, and find themselves playing Group B catch-up on France, who won tonight and take on Italy in a FIFA World Cup final rematch in Paris on Wednesday.

Buffon save
Lithuania were in the mood this evening at the Stadio San Paolo, a fact underlined in the third minute when Robertas Poškus blasted an effort wide from 18 metres. Four minutes later Danilevicius forced Gianluigi Buffon into a save. Italy, of course, had their moments at the other end. Antonio Cassano, back in the side after missing out on the World Cup, and Gennaro Gattuso both went close but it was Lithuania who struck first.

Cassano assist
Deividas Cesnauskis swung the ball into the box from the right and Danilevicius hit a left-footed shot beyond Buffon and into the net. Italy were stung into action and immediately went on the offensive only to find Žydrunas Karčemarskas in their way in the Lithuania goal. Before frustration took hold, Italy were back on terms. Cassano gathered the ball on the left before feeding Inzaghi to score from inside the area.

Tense finish
Most in the crowd would have expected Italy to dominate from that point, but Lithuania remained a constant threat. Poškus had Buffon diving again to save although it was the hosts who looked the more likely; Andrea Pirlo had an effort blocked and Cassano twice went close. Lithuania hung on and will welcome Scotland to Kaunas on Wednesday with every confidence of adding to their hard-earned point.
everyone is entitled to my opinion

tsss

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

inzaghi was offside!!!
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Better watch the replay again son.

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

unknown? wrote:inzaghi was offside!!!
JEALOUS??????

born slippy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by born slippy »

The replay says otherwise.... disappointing to drop points so early on, especially to a lesser team.
Taking nothing away from Lithuania, they deserved their goal, but we prob deserved two or three.
Cassano was good in his return to the azzurri, but surely Gilardino and Zambrotta need to start against France. Inzaghi should be used as an impact player off the bench, if at all.....

El Pocho Lavezzi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by El Pocho Lavezzi »

born slippy wrote:
The replay says otherwise.... disappointing to drop points so early on, especially to a lesser team.
Taking nothing away from Lithuania, they deserved their goal, but we prob deserved two or three.
Cassano was good in his return to the azzurri, but surely Gilardino and Zambrotta need to start against France. Inzaghi should be used as an impact player off the bench, if at all.....
agree with you born slippy, if we are going to beat france, zambrotta and gila must start... having said that, cassano did hav a gd game by the sounds of things... inzaghi is always handy off the bench..

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

hahaha just stirring boys :wink:
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

as i told u guys, cassano will do the works right ...
anyway, sucked in @ the draw against lithuania or whoever is it lol !!

El Pocho Lavezzi
Squad Player
Squad Player

hows malaysia going? playing any friendlies? asian cup qualifiers? keep us informed k ronaldo!!!

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

napoli10 wrote:hows malaysia going? playing any friendlies? asian cup qualifiers? keep us informed k ronaldo!!!
yeh malaysia doin just alright atm ..
draw against indonesia, and beat thailand by 2-1 ...
we r improving from time to time for sure

El Pocho Lavezzi
Squad Player
Squad Player

ronaldo07 wrote:
napoli10 wrote:hows malaysia going? playing any friendlies? asian cup qualifiers? keep us informed k ronaldo!!!
yeh malaysia doin just alright atm ..
draw against indonesia, and beat thailand by 2-1 ...
we r improving from time to time for sure
wat an achievment... well keep supporting them and not england!! jst cos malaysia isnt gd enough dnt jst jump the ship..

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

if im type of jump ship person, i'll be on italia banana boat right now.. but im not :wink:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

this post has been deleted.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

and **** like to dive huh!!!

***this has been edited***
please stop using offensive language

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

guys,

please keep the racial comments trimmed. some posts have been deleted and edited in here.

love y' alllll......!

tsss

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

nicely done arxidi ..
lftwng start it 1st !!!

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

ronaldo07 wrote:nicely done arxidi ..
lftwng start it 1st !!!
instead of pointing fingers, accept some responsibility for your actions.

arxidi

tsss

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

Here Arxidi :

Ur responsibility =
i) If someone post something racist/offensive, u'll delete / edit the post .. it's fair enough

My responsibility =
i) If someone post something negative about me, i'll try to defence myself and get them back ... i do think it's fair enough ... i've receive a lot of reply like monkey or watsoever .. yet i didnt see any reaction from the moderator (yeh u guys might be busy or no time to handle this type of childish thing which is again fair enough)... therefore, i didn't voice it out .. but as a man, i think i cant just sit there and listen to those bullsh1te ... therefore the only way for me to do so is to get them back .. and i dont think im cross the line ...

and FYI,
instead of just delete/edit the post, why dont u go and find out the root of the problem ?

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

italy suck

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

ronaldo07 wrote:Here Arxidi :

Ur responsibility =
i) If someone post something racist/offensive, u'll delete / edit the post .. it's fair enough

My responsibility =
i) If someone post something negative about me, i'll try to defence myself and get them back ... i do think it's fair enough ... i've receive a lot of reply like monkey or watsoever .. yet i didnt see any reaction from the moderator (yeh u guys might be busy or no time to handle this type of childish thing which is again fair enough)... therefore, i didn't voice it out .. but as a man, i think i cant just sit there and listen to those bullsh1te ... therefore the only way for me to do so is to get them back .. and i dont think im cross the line ...

and FYI,
instead of just delete/edit the post, why dont u go and find out the root of the problem ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that is funny ronaldo07....

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

MUFCBOY wrote:italy suck
wat does that they say about the rest of the world...?

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

LFTWNG11 wrote:

Ur responsibility =

My responsibility =

and FYI,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that is funny ronaldo07....
not as funny as when u wearing a mini skirt and dancing like a belly dancer !!

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

Ur responsibility =

My responsibility =

and FYI,
yes, attack back but in a way that will not discriminate against race etc.... there are kids that look at this forum.

and as for my responsibility, ive only been a mod in here for 2 days, so im trying ok.

tsss

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

im not blaming anyone arxidi ..
i blame lftwng :lol:

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

Thats not what u told me last time, sonny

who got u pissed off now?????

:lol:

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

jst wanted 2 stir sum cabernet haha

adl utd friday nite?

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

MUFCBOY wrote:jst wanted 2 stir sum cabernet haha

adl utd friday nite?

U know beta than to pick on the 4 times world champions, mufcboy

Yeah def friday night. U goin with ur 2 biatches???

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

diegom wrote:

what i told u last time then !!

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

ronaldo07 wrote:
diegom wrote:

what i told u last time then !!

Sorry Ronny, that comment was for MUFCBOY (sonny)