Injured Players

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Injured Players

Post by SPURS18 »

Hi all just want to know what the rule is if there is one with players being signed by other clubs that are injured, the reason i ask this is because Spurs signed Steed Malbranque who is injured and out for up to 10 weeks and i thought that every player had to pass a Medical before signing a contract with another team. If im correct i remember Ruud Van Nistelrooy failed a Medical the year before he joined Manchester and that was the reason they didnt sign him the year before.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

there are no rules on the matter... its up to the club if they want to sign an injured player or not... wat happened with RVN is that Manchester obviously, and quite rightly, didn't want to spend that much on major signing who was not fully fit... I think in Steed's case, it's quite a small fee, he's not noted for his injury proneness, Spurs have cover for him at the moment and he should recover in the time said (10 weeks) with no problem...

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

LFTWNG11 is correct its up to the club to make the decision to sign an injured player or not.

The case with manchester united with RVN and not signing him a year earliar was that he broke down in sheer agony with the pain of his knee so i think they got a bit worried and waited till he fully recovered

i dont think steed's injury is as bad as RVN's was
I speak nothing but the truth

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

Why the hell would any club sign a player who is injured???????

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

well if its an injury like we said RVN had you wouldnt sign him would you but if its a little injury that you know they will come back from like ankle sprain or a little pulled muscle why not

Trekse10
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Trekse10 »

Obviously they would have had to have some sort of medical test to see if the injury is bad or not

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

they would have to have some sort of medical i would imagine