Tevez and Mascherano to Hammers

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Tevez and Mascherano to Hammers

Post by SPURS18 »

Hammers complete double coup West Ham United have completed the sensational double signing of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano from Corinthians on permanent contracts. The Argentinian duo, who both starred at the World Cup this summer, move to Upton Park for undisclosed fees. [+]

Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 7 »

WHAT A PAIR OF SIGNINGS!!!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAMMERS SIGN ARGENTINIAN DUO
Posted 31/08/06 17:09

West Ham United have completed the signings of Argentina duo Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano from Corinthians for undisclosed fees.

The pair have both agreed permanent switches to Upton Park after the club agreed a fee with the company that own the players' transfer rights, Media Sports Investments.

The Hammers have beaten off a number of the world's top clubs to bring the pair to England, including Premiership trio Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Striker Tevez and midfielder Mascherano both starred for their country at this summer's World Cup and were tipped for big-money moves to one of Europe's top sides.

However, Upton Park will now be their new destination after both players signed permanent deals on Thursday.

Tevez is labelled as Argentina's new Diego Maradona, while Mascherano is tipped to be a star on the world stage.

At 22, both players are not yet at their peak, with their best years ahead of them, and Hammers fans will be licking their lips at the prospect of the pair plying their trade under Alan Pardew.

Both players are currently involved with the national team's preparations for the friendly against Brazil at The Emirates Stadium and will now return to the Argentina camp.

Tevez and Mascherano will both be available for selection for West Ham's next game against Aston Villa next week, where increased attention will almost certainly now be focused.

I thought everyone wanted to go to Manchester United if they had the chance? :lol:

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

Pffft.... Man utd

sucked in :lol:

You boys are probably gonna cum up with some excuses now as to why you didnt get Tevez so let them begin :roll:

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

west ham have had the best summer with signings

the only excuse is we didnt bid for him.lol

we will still be a force... probs will fail jst like veron, but its gonna b gd 2 see them 2 every week in the epl!!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

MUFCBOY wrote:west ham have had the best summer with signings

we will still be a force... probs will fail jst like veron, but its gonna b gd 2 see them 2 every week in the epl!!
So its obvious then... you didn't bid for Torres, you didn't bid for Hargreaves, you didn't bid for Senna and you didn't bid for anyone else who didn't come... fair enough I say... obviously the only players you bid for were Carrick and Kuscask (however you speel the poles name)...

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Brown paper bag crew »

LFTWNG11 - Congratulations on becoming Liverpools very own version of Ronaldo07 (sunhat).

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Brown paper bag crew wrote:LFTWNG11 - Congratulations on becoming Liverpools very own version of Ronaldo07 (sunhat).
How did you figure that?

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

your continuously repetitive posts are fkin annoying!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

what did I repeat? I was just arguing the point with MUFCBOY...

I mean if you dont like me, fair enough, or if you think I talk cabernet, fair enough but please dont compare ronaldo07 to me... its just raises him to a whole new level he will never get to...

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

Corinthians are partially owned by the Media Sports Investments company, in which Roman Abramovich is said to have a significant holding. Apparently MSI owns the contracts of both players and can therefore block moves to, say, clubs likely to rival Chelsea for domestic or European glory. Whats the odds once they've settled in for a year and have an impact that they'll be off to Chelsea. Corinthisans initally wanted upwards of $60 m for these. I dont think WHAM have that money, but good luck to them being a nursery for Chelsea.

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

i think its a great couple of signings for west ham but i did ohnestly think that they would be on there way to bigger clubs
I speak nothing but the truth

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

LFTWNG11 wrote:what did I repeat? I was just arguing the point with MUFCBOY...

I mean if you dont like me, fair enough, or if you think I talk cabernet, fair enough but please dont compare ronaldo07 to me... its just raises him to a whole new level he will never get to...
Sifting through 3 pages of bollox about who is better and who is not gets a bit boring when its in every topic. You posted a West Ham story in a West Ham topic and still tried to turn it into a Man Utd arent as good as Liverpoo topic. Seriously if your trying to prove a point to Ronaldo07, dont waste your time, just ignore him like everyone else tries to.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

i love you bpbc

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
MUFCBOY wrote:west ham have had the best summer with signings

So its obvious then... you didn't bid for Torres, you didn't bid for Hargreaves, you didn't bid for Senna and you didn't bid for anyone else who didn't come... fair enough I say... obviously the only players you bid for were Carrick and Kuscask (however you speel the poles name)...
we neva bid for torres or senna(if anythin it might have been that he agreed personal terms with us)... we bid for hargreaves but had it rejected by bayern...
obviously fergie believes we have enuff talent n depth in the squad

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

Another 10 post MUFCBOY and you hit the big 5000 posts. :wink:

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Brown paper bag crew wrote:

Sifting through 3 pages of bollox about who is better and who is not gets a bit boring when its in every topic. You posted a West Ham story in a West Ham topic and still tried to turn it into a Man Utd arent as good as Liverpoo topic. Seriously if your trying to prove a point to Ronaldo07, dont waste your time, just ignore him like everyone else tries to.
that sums it all up there... i guess hes gotta convince himself that liverpool is betta then man utd.lol i know we r betta then liverpool but i dun go makin stupid posts on heinze vs riise, agger vs vidic, united miss out on so and so.... not every club can get who they want u know

he always posts in regards 2 united on how we missed out on a player and all this other stuff!!!

well sed bpbc

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

MUFCBOY wrote:
Brown paper bag crew wrote:

that sums it all up there... i guess hes gotta convince himself that liverpool is betta then man utd.lol i know we r betta then liverpool but i dun go makin stupid posts on heinze vs riise, agger vs vidic, united miss out on so and so.... not every club can get who they want u know

he always posts in regards 2 united on how we missed out on a player and all this other stuff!!!

well sed bpbc

Yiassou Re, Long time no hear or C??
Whats happening, re

The g/friend has u tied under, ey???

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

swp wrote "but good luck to them being a nursery for Chelsea".

hell yeh we'll be a nursery , how else would we attract these players ?

not just a nursery for chelsea though ,
manu havent done too bad out of us either with rio and mc
and spurs with jd

anton and nrc will probably both go within the next couple of years

the epl is basically a 4 team competition,
the rest of the clubs are realistically just feeder clubs for the big 4
all the best young players will be bought by the big 4
just as swp from man city to chelsea (even though the move cost him a world cup gig )

the fact that abramovichs msi group owns the 2 argies is neither here nor there. he wants to keep them but cant fit them into the chelsea side at the moment so he sends them to us for a year or 2 for epl expereience so they are ready to take over from ballack and fatfrank

schitt yeh we'll take them

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Brown paper bag crew wrote:LFTWNG11 - Congratulations on becoming Liverpools very own version of Ronaldo07 (sunhat).
Post of the yr!!!

diego im well man, jst aint been out, either doin sumfin with the boys or out with the missus!

wat bout u man?
im gonna go 2 the nxt adl utd game so probs see ya there

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

For one, I didn't start the Riise v Heinze topic... secondly I'm sorry for starting up the Vidic v Agger post, I didn't realise it would have such an adverse effect on all of your lives... and finally nothing I wrote on this particular topic was directed to ronaldo07, it was actually directed at all the Mancs, who 1. pay our Liverpool for their transfer dealings, and 2. It was the Mancs who were saying in other topics that they could get whoever they wanted for whatever price.

And BPBC I was not changing this topic from something to do with West Ham's transfer dealings to solely a United topic... I actually posted an article saying that the signings were official and laughed at the fact that they were Manchester United targets... I don't see how I hi-jacked the topic...

Either way, you two have so much in common and understand one another you could maybe hook-up and bounce ideas of each other.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

LFTWNG11 wrote: 1. pay our Liverpool for their transfer dealings, and 2. It was the Mancs who were saying in other topics that they could get whoever they wanted for whatever price.

And BPBC I was not changing this topic from something to do with West Ham's transfer dealings to solely a United topic... I actually posted an article saying that the signings were official and laughed at the fact that they were Manchester United targets... I don't see how I hi-jacked the topic...
i beg 2 differ... u had manchester united highlighted for all to see

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

MUFCBOY wrote:
Post of the yr!!!

diego im well man, jst aint been out, either doin sumfin with the boys or out with the missus!

wat bout u man?
im gonna go 2 the nxt adl utd game so probs see ya there

Not much also, just workin and stuff
now that "james" has the little missus, don't get out much
HA HA HA HA

Yeah we will catch up with ya next week

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

MUFCBOY wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote: 1. pay our Liverpool for their transfer dealings, and 2. It was the Mancs who were saying in other topics that they could get whoever they wanted for whatever price.

i beg 2 differ... u had manchester united highlighted for all to see
Yea no cabernet... that was the point....

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

i thought this was a topic about 2 classy argentinians's going to west ham :D

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

The one and only wrote:i thought this was a topic about 2 classy argentinians's going to west ham :D
Yeh it was... I just thought they were going to Manchester? :D

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

i like your thinking the only difference with my thinking is i just wish they went there :D

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

The one and only wrote:i like your thinking the only difference with my thinking is i just wish they went there :D
Definately would have made more sense... I mean seriously, West Ham, love em cos they play good soccer but damn, talk about being a pawn in the Chelski transfer game...

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

well done west ham! two top class signings pretty much out of the blue for them! as a united supporter im also disappointed that we didnt get these two talented lads. united have certainly lost their transfer market power! it definately shows a changing of the guard

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »