Last Day for Transfers

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Last Day for Transfers

Post by ruud »

The last 24 hours of the transfer period are always interesting.

Lots of panic buys and clubs will be offering riduculous amounts of money for players wanted.

My predictions for today:

About 10 clubs to put in huge bids for Huntelaar but get knocked back 8)

Man Utd to put in a huge bid for Torres

Chelsea to put in a huge bid for Ashley Cole

HSV to put yet another bid in for another dutch player...

Tevez >> Arsenal??

Kluivert & Kromkamp >> PSV

---------
Anyone else got any ideas / news?

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

i reckon pompey might pinch a few players near the deadline. harry knows how to work the market!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Sorin signs for Hamburg

Hamburger SV have signed Argentina captain Juan Pablo Sorín from Villarreal CF for a fee thought to be in the region of €3m. Sorín is swapping Spain for Germany on a three-year contract and will be asked to fill the gap left by Dutch international Khalid Boulahrouzs move to Chelsea FC.

Hamburg coach Thomas Doll said: "This is a huge signing." The left-sided defender arrives in time for Hamburgs UEFA Champions League Group G campaign, starting at home to Arsenal FC on 13 September. Capped 75 times by Argentina, scoring eleven goals, Sorín was part of the squad that reached this summers FIFA World Cup quarter-finals.

The 30-year-old was with S.S. Lazio, FC Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain FC before joining Villarreal in November 2004. He played 41 games for the Primera División outfit. His former clubs also include South American sides CA River Plate and Cruzeiro EC.

He's not quite Dutch!! :lol:

Also Neil Mellor signed with Preston in the first division, would have been a quality striker if not for injuries!

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

apparently real madrid and arsenal are swapping reyes and julio baptista today!

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Thats a good move by Sorin he'll be playing champions league football. Villarreal aren't even in european comeptition. Shows how much of a fluke last year was for them

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

if tevez and maschereno go 2 westham on loan, then theres a strong word that nifel reo-coker comin 2 man utd

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Too bad for Sorin he's 'Louis Brained' no good for Hamburg's CL matches this year.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

i bet youll love this one arxidi

charisteas to feyenoord!!!!

far out i didnt even see that coming!!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

MUFCBOY wrote:if tevez and maschereno go 2 westham on loan, then theres a strong word that nifel reo-coker comin 2 man utd

I just read that the Mancs aremore than likely are going to get Reo-Coker in Janurary... should have tried to sign him before Senna or Hargreaves... he is a quality central midfielder