Kazim-Richards set for Blades move

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Kazim-Richards set for Blades move

Post by BillShankly »

Sheffield United have had a bid accepted for Brighton striker Colin Kazim-Richards, with the 20-year-old due to discuss terms on Thursday.

Kazim-Richards handed in a transfer request after he was left out of the starting line-up for the opening match of the season, against Rotherham.

"Albion have tonight reluctantly accepted a bid from Sheffield United for Colin Kazim-Richards," read a statement on the official Brighton website.

"The striker will be at Bramall Lane tomorrow to discuss personal terms with the aim of concluding a deal ahead of the midnight transfer deadline."

Kazim-Richards' transfer to Brighton from Bury last year was funded by a fan of the club winning money for the team in a competition run by Coca-Cola.

The midfielder scored six goals for the Seagulls in their last campaign but could not prevent relegation, with Mark McGhee's men finishing bottom of the Championship.

McGhee said: "Colin made it clear to me he no longer wished to play for

Brighton; as a result we have reluctantly accepted the bid from Sheffield
United.

"I am really disappointed and I feel personally let down by Colin. We gave him the chance to get out of Bury and I don't think he's repaid us for that. We felt Colin could have built his career here at Brighton.