Adriano-Ronaldo swap

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Adriano-Ronaldo swap

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Spanish radio stations have announced that Inter have agreed to send Adriano to Real Madrid in exchange for Ronaldo.

Cadena Ser reported this evening that a deal has been struck between the Nerazzurri and Real, but that the only remaining issue to be worked out is Julio Baptista’s switch to Arsenal for Jose Antonio Reyes to free up a non-EC status place in Fabio Capello’s side.

The transfer window closes on Thursday evening and a flurry of activity is expected in Serie A, possibly including the shock return of Il Fenomeno.

Ronaldo, who left San Siro in a cloud of controversy in 2002, admitted this week that he had received offers from both Milan and Inter.

“I honestly don’t know what jersey I will wear next year, football players are always the last to know what is happening,â€￾ said Ronaldo in Monaco yesterday, where he was awarded the 2006 Golden Foot award.

“I do not know what my destiny will be and in any case I could not confirm anything before details are finalised,â€￾ added the Seleçao star.

“Inter have made it clear that they are interested in me and it’s always nice for me to think back to the time I spent there. I have been speaking to Massimo Moratti very often, but at the time being I cannot promise him that I will not go to Milan. In any case, I am very proud of the fact that two sides from the same city are both keen on signing me.â€￾

Inter also commented over the past 24 hours that they have no intention of releasing Adriano, despite his angry reaction to a substitution in the 4-3 Italian Super Cup victory over Roma.

“I think that Moratti has always said what he thinks of Adriano, in many different ways,â€￾ noted Roberto Mancini.

“And the team, all his Coaches and the fans have always done the same. We all agree that we must have faith in Adriano.â€￾

Giallorossi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Giallorossi »

i would not do the deal but ronaldo is disinterested at real and wants out and Adriano is also disinterested at inter and has been for the last year so the deal may work out for both clubs